Dhs ABS balls

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
I fully agree with you. The durability is at least the same

Sent from my 2014819 using Tapatalk
What do you think? Are they the wrong ones?
379b90b9a1c1203fe3f89987f7fe78dd.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Yeah. In about 10-12 hours, 5 balls have been broken up. May be a bad lot? Compared to xushaofa ones, the life is veryyyy short.

Yeah. In about 10-12 hours, 5 balls have been broken up. May be a bad lot? Compared to xushaofa ones, the life is veryyyy short.

Sent from my 2014819 using Tapatalk

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Some people say the balls don't spin and some people say they are too hard, but the one thing just about everybody agrees about with respect to the DHS D40+ *** ball is that it is incredibly durable and virtually indestructible. This is a repeated theme on the very long MyTT thread about these balls

But it is definitely the right box.

I sure hope this means they don't have QC problems!!!!!!

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
A bad batch or counterfeit?

Maybe those are the National Team version? [emoji2]Uh-oh, the goon squad is after me again.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I have decided to remain a nittaku premium addict , as Der_echte likes to call them ... DHS does not spin enough for me and throws my timing off ...

You gotta move beyond this if you want to get good, your timing should be tied to the ball bounce. The spin, I understand that is to each his own. But you could hear CNT arguing that the Nittaku ball spins less than the DHS ball especially when generating backspin for short push.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Thanks NL , I will try to give it a fair shot ...
You gotta move beyond this if you want to get good, your timing should be tied to the ball bounce. The spin, I understand that is to each his own. But you could hear CNT arguing that the Nittaku ball spins less than the DHS ball especially when generating backspin for short push.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Will this ball start being used in most majors?

I wonder why WTTC will use Nittaku Prem?

because DHS ball was shit when decision was made for ball at WTTC. And it's told DHS and NIttaku are business partners and have offices in same building in Shanghai.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Reactions: TTHopeful
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Yourock is right on both counts. Nittaku and DHS have collaborted for decades. The Nittaku cellu,oid ball made in China was a rebranded DHS.

Reactions: TTHopeful
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Had a good hit with these DHS 40+ balls last night. Our club has tested them out a few weeks now.

Honestly the biggest complaint or note is that some members say they sound different on the bounce than what they are use to which is the Gambler 40+ seamless ball. It's so faint to me, I think it's splitting hairs. I'm 100% convinced that if we hit with these new DHS balls for a month and then ordered a batch of Gamblers, they would then say the Gamblers bounce sounds funny. It's all what you're use to.

I play pips so my game isn't spin oriented. I can't really tell a difference. We have a lot of members who like the ball. In playing against our best club member who is 2000 something USATT, yeah he can smoke & spin that ball all the same as he did back in the celluloid days. While quality of ball matters (of which this one is really high), it reminded me that it's really about technique to achieve high quality shots of which he can do.

He also wants a ball that carries a little more clout or a ball "they use in tournaments". While that's tricky because that differs depending on where you play, the fact that they've used the DHS ball in ITTF events is good enough for us.

I like the ball.

We ordered a large batch for club from TTNPP. Should have them in a couple of weeks.

PS - on a durability note, I have not heard of us breaking a single ball from play. IMO, it's very, very durable... Players accidentally stepping on balls is always much more likely. :/

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
Will Stiga och other brands start using the same plastic in their balls also?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Will Stiga och other brands start using the same plastic in their balls also?

Well when Dima was talking about how much he liked this ball in his facebook post, I remember him indicating that Donic, who sponsors him i believe, will be coming out with an ABS plastic ball as well.

So I think it's a yes.... Possibly. ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Well when Dima was talking about how much he liked this ball in his facebook post, I remember him indicating that Donic, who sponsors him i believe, will be coming out with an ABS plastic ball as well.

So I think it's a yes.... Possibly. ;)

Could be, but i think it's rather because Donic and Nittaku seem to have had a Distribution cooperation.
While Donic is distributed in Japan by Nittaku (Think of the Dicon Blade)
Nittaku used to be distributed by Donic in Germany. Now Nittaku has a cooperation with Soulspin over here, but it seems that the Schreiner family still has good contacts in Japan, 'cause Sport-Schreiner (the company behind Donic) was selling the Nittaku NP40+ before Soulspin/Nittaku Germany had them....

Reactions: suds79