Bty Petr Korbel (Hungary) vs Tibhar Stratus Power Wood

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Hello, I was wondering about these two blades, someone tested them already? I would like to know because my birthday is coming and I want to gift myself some allwood blade, like these, can you help me please?
I like allwood blade and I read a lot of reviews but almost all are old reviews, so I don't know if there are some update.
I will pair it with a Yasaka Rakza 7, and 7 soft or maybe with a mxp. Can you help me please. Thanks in advance. Regards.
63cce1781b9ffb9337425b4227b3220c.jpg
1c662fa53bd3ff659385c6007ff6720f.jpg

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Korbel is a good blade. I havent played both. Just want to tell you that if you choose mxp to expect a heavy setup. You add atleast 100gr to your blade at 1.9-2.0 thickness

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Korbel is a good blade. I havent played both. Just want to tell you that if you choose mxp to expect a heavy setup. You add atleast 100gr to your blade at 1.9-2.0 thickness
Thanks, I have a little lack of speed, then I think with a heavy setup will be compensated, but I don't know if that will harm my shoulder either.
Currently I'm using a waldner senso carbon, but can't feel the ball, that's why I want try allwood blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Ok. So i have played korbel (hungary) and there is some flex while maintaining stability. However im not sure if it is faster than WSC. I think the powerwood is said to be a little bit faster than the korbel.
You should be aware of the fact that korbel and powerwood have a larger headsize than wsc and are heavier in general. So your hole setup will get alot heavier.
Maybe it is what you are looking for.
All of them are good blades though.

Reactions: dominus7
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Rakza 7 soft will be slower and softer than mxp. You will gain control. Your backhand side will be harder sponge and more powerful then

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Ok. So i have played korbel (hungary) and there is some flex while maintaining stability. However im not sure if it is faster than WSC. I think the powerwood is said to be a little bit faster than the korbel.
You should be aware of the fact that korbel and powerwood have a larger headsize than wsc and are heavier in general. So your hole setup will get alot heavier.
Maybe it is what you are looking for.
All of them are good blades though.
I've tried yesterday a stratus samsonov cb (carbon-balsa maybe?), the black one and was lighter even when it was suit with 2 evo el-p, I've asked and both blades weights the same, I mean the Korbel and the SPW 84 grs

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
KOrbel loops better but if you want more power and speed I would choose SPW. Also, SPW is a bit heavy. It is rare to find 87 gram SPW's and most weight would come in between 90-93 grams.
I just want get feeling, consistency and control because I'm starting to train, I have to perfect my technique, and take care about my shoulder because time ago I've got an injury because I didn't warm up, that's why I was asking about 84,85 or 88 grs.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
These blades do have a large head and do play better at higher weights. That combination means you will be using a blade that is head heavy because of the higher weight. And if you are using a light one, it may not feel how you want.

If weight is not an issue, you should get one of these blades in a weight range of 89-93 grams.

If you have a shoulder injury, need to protect shoulder and need a lower weight, you probably should get a different blade with some similar characteristics.

These are more expensive. But:

1) An OSP Virtuoso Plus with a 150x157mm head size will still play decently at 85-87 grams. (Virtuoso and Virtuoso Plus you get three choices for head size: 150x157mm is the smallest size).

2) Nittaku Acoustic

Either of those will be really quite nice and play well enough at lower weights.

But if your shoulder can handle 89-93 grams from a Korbel or a Stratus Power Wood, the larger head size gives more feeling, control and dwell time.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
These blades do have a large head and do play better at higher weights. That combination means you will be using a blade that is head heavy because of the higher weight. And if you are using a light one, it may not feel how you want.

If weight is not an issue, you should get one of these blades in a weight range of 89-93 grams.

If you have a shoulder injury, need to protect shoulder and need a lower weight, you probably should get a different blade with some similar characteristics.

These are more expensive. But:

1) An OSP Virtuoso Plus with a 150x157mm head size will still play decently at 85-87 grams. (Virtuoso and Virtuoso Plus you get three choices for head size: 150x157mm is the smallest size).

2) Nittaku Acoustic

Either of those will be really quite nice and play well enough at lower weights.

But if your shoulder can handle 89-93 grams from a Korbel or a Stratus Power Wood, the larger head size gives more feeling, control and dwell time.

Was also going to recommend you the virtuoso plus but I know carl will probably come out with it first.

I'd take virtuoso plus over SPW and korbel. It's more expensive but just a better blade in the long run

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
I was seeking but I can't afford them, just till €50, that's why I was between Korbel and TSPW, by the way my injury was muscle contracture, but I'm fine, yesterday was training hard and didn't hurt me, I just was afraid. I need to ensure always warm up, and warm down. Now I play better with the wsc, but can't feel the ball, I think the wsc will be better in the future because the carbon.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I was seeking but I can't afford them, just till €50, that's why I was between Korbel and TSPW, by the way my injury was muscle contracture, but I'm fine, yesterday was training hard and didn't hurt me, I just was afraid. I need to ensure always warm up, and warm down. Now I play better with the wsc, but can't feel the ball, I think the wsc will be better in the future because the carbon.

Well, if you feel you can handle the weight, get either Korbel or SPW in the 89-93 weight range and it will be an excellent blade for you. If you need to get them in a lighter weight they won't play as well but they will still be decent blades.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I find the weight issue, to be somewhat about mind over matter. My current blade is about 93 grams. A lot of people pick it up and go: "wow, this is heavy." When I first stated using it, I was used to a setup that was much lighter. But I had the mindset that the weight was a good weight, not too heavy although heavier. And that there were benefits to extra weight. So it took me almost no time to get used to the extra weight. It was, maybe 30 min.

Now when I feel a setup that is in that weight range where the blade is 86 grams or less, it feels like there is something missing and these is so much less inertia behind my stroke into the ball. So, for me, I am very glad that Der_Echte helped me feel the value of a little more mass in your setup and in your hand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Well, if you feel you can handle the weight, get either Korbel or SPW in the 89-93 weight range and it will be an excellent blade for you. If you need to get them in a lighter weight they won't play as well but they will still be decent blades.

There are some difference between 88 and 89 grs?