CNT Closed Training for WTTC 2017

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Close training and finish 2 to 4 weeks before major competition is normal.

The training normally (since 8 years old) is min 6 hours a day, and a good 35-40 hours a week
The different with close training is the strategy session, the planning of opponent as such.
And also there is a lot more new technique going on
The discipline level is also much higher - ie hand in cellphones, IC products

Overall, it is much more intense than regular training.

Also, there is a 3 hour lunch break, which players actually nap for a good 1 to 2 hours

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Coaches are watching....
1 vs 2 or more except Xu Xin
Do they finally use the right balls for training? ;)

cache.php

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Coaches are watching....
1 vs 2 or more except Xu Xin
Do they finally use the right balls for training? ;)

1 vs 2 training has been going on as long as I recall. 10 years + maybe
Yes, this is WTTC close training, so everything will be based on WTTC, tables - DHS, balls Nittaku

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I guess they won't follow the doubles rules in this case , right ? It would be just 1 vs 2 and the guys on the other side will hit whenever the ball is within their reach ..
1 vs 2 training has been going on as long as I recall. 10 years + maybe
Yes, this is WTTC close training, so everything will be based on WTTC, tables - DHS, balls Nittaku

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I guess they won't follow the doubles rules in this case , right ? It would be just 1 vs 2 and the guys on the other side will hit whenever the ball is within their reach ..

yes sir, they won't follow the doubles rules.
So its like, left side is mine, right side is yours

With this 2 player training drill, it is able to produce highly unlikely "high" quality balls coming back to you
For example, one player on backhand side will do a quick bh drive and return the ball back on the bounce.
On the FH side (standing a left hander) will top spin back.
As both players are in really good position, the placement would therefore be a lot more precise (compared to a single player that needs to move into position to provide a more precise placement)

Now you have a set drill and just imagine the quality of return with 2 players waiting for it, and you are the player that needs to get them back + footwork + quality

In fact10 year+ should be change to 20 years +/-, I recall seeing this when I was still a junior

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
yes sir, they won't follow the doubles rules.
So its like, left side is mine, right side is yours

With this 2 player training drill, it is able to produce highly unlikely "high" quality balls coming back to you
For example, one player on backhand side will do a quick bh drive and return the ball back on the bounce.
On the FH side (standing a left hander) will top spin back.
As both players are in really good position, the placement would therefore be a lot more precise (compared to a single player that needs to move into position to provide a more precise placement)

Now you have a set drill and just imagine the quality of return with 2 players waiting for it, and you are the player that needs to get them back + footwork + quality

In fact10 year+ should be change to 20 years +/-, I recall seeing this when I was still a junior

Chen Yinghua, who left China a long time ago, spoke about thia form of training and he was the Waldner clone in the 80s.

EDIT: Added link to article.

http://lucioping.altervista.org/English/the_secrets_of_chinese_table_ten.htm

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Its a no brainer, as after WTTC they go back to DHS
so the non WTTC players continue to train with DHS for the world tours and other competitions

so lets see how the WTTC nittaku players perform now that they have trained with them

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
This photo is posted by a CNT research staff taken in Huangshi.
I heard that there are at least 2 manufacturers of Nittaku balls and the Nittaku balls used in CNT Marvellous 12 Trials are not from the same manufacturer of those used in Asian Champs.
Is there any news about what the WTTC Nittaku balls look like?

Cool pic, no 3 star? The balls don't have brand marketing.. or this a joke :D