does anyone use dry powder for better grip?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If you are thinking you need something like this it is likely that you are holding your racket too tightly.

How the index finger and thumb hold the blade face is more important. The middle finger, ring finger and pinky should be fairly relaxed to help adjust the position of the blade face. There are certain shots where you will use them more. As your grip adjusts to different shots. But you don't really want to be holding the handle like a club, a tennis racket or a baseball bat.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I agree with Carl's statement. Also, just remember that whenever your palms get sweaty during a match, you can wipe them on the table near the net.

I almost said this. [emoji2] Hahahaha. Exactly right. [emoji2]

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
Hi

For those palm sweat a lot, do you use any dry powder ?

If you which do you use?

Thanks
Wait a minute.

You means dry powder as you use in pool / billiard / snooker?

Cmiiw, please,

That powders are for lowering friction so the cue can slide easily on your skin.

Apply that to blade grip can means flying blades, I am sure your opponent object [emoji14]

Ok, jokes aside,

Unless you did not twiddle nor using more than one grip (e.g., Boll use different grip for either wing), too much grip can be detrimental.

I dont think you need more than badminton grip tape. [emoji6]

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
This problem is quite bad to have as a table tennis player. It also is impossible to understand how much the problem affects your game unless you have it. Powders won't help much. Grip tape also won't help much either. Controlling the paddle with the index finger and thumb also isn't going to be useful because those will be wet also and the racket will still be sliding around. There are three things you can do to solve the problem:

1) Buy a drionic sweat stop device. This works somewhat well but won't completely solve the problem
2) Get surgery. There are two types of surgeries that are done. Sometimes this results in heavy sweating in other areas or nerve damage in the hands. So there are some risks associated with this.
3) Use drysol. If you use this product, your hands will stop sweating. Unfortunately the active ingredient in this is aluminum chloride which some think is not good for you.

I used the drionic in the past and it didn't really solve the problem but helped some. I recently tried drysol and it completely eliminated any sweat. I couldn't believe the difference it made when I played. Everything was much easier to control. I could serve without worrying my racket was going to fly out of my hand. Backhand looping was also much simpler. But because of some of the concerns about aluminum chloride I stopped using it and have just accepted the fact that things are going to be a bit more challenging when I play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Somehow I suspect the OP is not going to buy this goofy-looking drionic gizmo (which smells of snake oil, to be honest) or embark on a surgery path (unless they have a VERY good insurance plan).

I sweat quite a bit, but really, on the scale of my and other amateur's TT problems this rates '1' at most. Perhaps wiping your hand on the table (near the net) would be more than enough, plus you will look like a pro.

Reactions: romanzdk and BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Extreme sweaty palms would not be a grip issue, or anything on the handle to help
Currently the law only allows towel breaks every 6 points,
As suggested above, wiping them on the table would be your only bet

PS, extreme sweaty palms is worse then some one that sweats a lot, not sure if the other forum members ever seen this before "sweaty palm" case before. I have, and it is crazy.
When they drive a car for only 5 mins, the steering wheel is wet

But, from the law of table tennis, if one does have a "doctors note", I wonder if the match referee could allow a hand towel break more regularly....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
If you have this problem to the extent you are thinking about applying powder, then wiping your hand on the table is not going to help much. For me being able to towel down every point would also be of little help. Without using drysol or the hydronic, I can slide my hand from the net to the end of the table and leave water the entire way. Literally one second later, I can do it again. I am lucky in that playing table tennis is the only thing that causes this to happen to me. A guy I play with suggested I try acupuncture but I have no idea if or how that would work.

This user has no status.
I suffer from hyperhidrosis and I sweat like the open tap of water. I tried nonsurgical methods such as using sweat block tissues (they are awesome...one tissue and no sweat for a week) but due to heavy chemicals in it. I use it rarely. Another one is I use wrist bands in both hands and head band to absorb facial sweat. After almost every point I dry my hands on wrist band so I don't have to take towel breaks. It works for me...

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Hi

For those palm sweat a lot, do you use any dry powder ?

If you which do you use?

Thanks

Take a look at "Sport Lavit Super Grip".

I used that a lot some 35 years ago as a very young player. It was more preventive than necessary, and since I don´t have a real problem I don´t use it anymore. But it worked very well, didn´t smell badly and if it´s still here after all that time it might even have proof of concept ;-)