German Association Reject Ovtcharov & Mizutani's doubles bid! WTTC 2017!

For me ist this decision from Jörg Rosskopf absolutely ok! Dima never gave a s***t for the doubles competitions even when he could double with Timo Boll, what would be a good double, too! And now he plays like he is the hurt man who isn't considered in Doubles event. Respect for Jörg for this great decision!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Walter and Filus lost yesterday to a Czech pair Širúček and Jančařík, so I guess Dima with Mizu would be a better choice..

What logic is this lol
so if boll losses in the first match in singles, then it would of been better that he didn't take part in the tournament too (better choice)
If one can see the future, he/she rather play the lottery.

Anyways Dima was never committed to doubles.
Good to see Germany federation has strict measures and no special celebrity treatments

Reactions: samsara
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
What logic is this lol
so if boll losses in the first match in singles, then it would of been better that he didn't take part in the tournament too (better choice)
If one can see the future, he/she rather play the lottery.

Anyways Dima was never committed to doubles.
Good to see Germany federation has strict measures and no special celebrity treatments

Timo and Ma Long are in the same quarter as Xu Xin and Fan Zhendong. So it might not make a difference. It shows what happens when you don't play doubles enough to get a seeding and keep hoping to catch a break.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Timo and Ma Long are in the same quarter as Xu Xin and Fan Zhendong. So it might not make a difference. It shows what happens when you don't play doubles enough to get a seeding and keep hoping to catch a break.
Yeah quite unfortunate for that pair to face XX/FZD so early, otherwise I believe the pair would have advanced further. If not mistaken, Timo Boll/Ma Long also faced some CHN pair in the early stage in the past WTTC in Suzhou. They simply had less favorable draw, not a bad combination!