Causing Trouble in California

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Der_Echte has been up to trouble making ways in California...

Friday, went to Russian/Romanian TT group at a church and as a surprise, brought my barista equipment to make a fresh Cappucino for everyone.

Since my espresso brew unit is 35kg, I was reluctant to take it out of the car and bring it inside the house late Fri night, so I left it in the car...

What is a guy to do the next day ???!!!

Of course the right thing to do is take the Barista equipment to my regular club and make moar cappucinos there !!! Why not leave the stuff in the car another one moar day ???

It gets better, Sunday I intend to visit TT Monster's home club as a surprise and do the same thing. (After re-supplying with whole beans and milk !!)

TT Monster intends to bring a whole heap of unwelcome visitors to the mix.

HMM, TT, chaos, Cappuccino, mud wrestling/MMA, and random goofing off and playing defense are really gunna confuse the inhabitants of the club.

TT Monster promises to record the LULZ, so long as Carl's NSA Spy Phoney doesn't delete the evidence before it hits the internetz.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
For you guys who didn't know, one of Der_Echte's secret weapons is the quadruple shot, cappuccino which he had the last time he had no sleep while in NYC.

So now, if he is bringing the espresso brew unit with him, there is next to no chance of defeating him in a chicken and beer bet. If he is carrying that espresso machine with him to the TT club it's game over. He may pretend he is doing everyone a service. But he gets more mileage from that brew than you could imagine. Even my NSA SpyPhoney wouldn't be enough to help you out of that jam.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
USDCarl beat me to it, so as I am uploading stuff here Der_echte is rocking the league scene over at Swan .... and the best shot of the day from Der_echte was this ...

image1.jpg

here is a video of Der making that shot ...

And I would like to report that Der has been faking it all this time, his backhand with his XP Dawei isn't his best shot , actually I was able to punch one down the line today while playing doubles , even his high toss serve does not come close and I did counter couple "so called " monster forehand back to his own pocket ... his best shots are definitely the cappuccino shots ... he is actually a "Master Barista" in the disguise of ping pong player .. he really should be pimping his coffee making skills ... instead of doing his janitorial duties ...

here are some more shots from this adventure ..
Der_echte lining up the shot perfectly
IMG_1892.jpg
Heavily doped up equipment
IMG_1893.jpg
IMG_1894.jpg
... the handsome barista in action and ladies swooning over the shot ..
IMG_1895.jpg
its all organic or should I say orgasmic !
IMG_1896.jpg

IMG_1897.jpg

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 353
Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
USDCarl beat me to it, so as I am uploading stuff here Der_echte is rocking the league scene over at Swan .... and the best shot of the day from Der_echte was this ...

View attachment 13074

And I would like to report that Der has been faking it all this time, his backhand with his XP Dawei isn't his best shot , actually I was able to punch one down the line today while playing doubles , even his high toss serve does not come close and I did counter couple "so called " monster forehand back to his own pocket ... his best shots are definitely the cappuccino shots ... he is actually a "Master Barista" in the disguise of ping pong player .. he really should be pimping his coffee making skills ... instead of doing his janitorial duties ...

View attachment 13075
View attachment 13076
View attachment 13077
View attachment 13078
View attachment 13079

View attachment 13080

This post makes me think that every once in a while you should be able to hit the like button 10x.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Thank you Carl , but I am just the story teller , the real protagonist is @Der_echte !

We did have some good doubles matches , der_echte's team vs ttmonster's team , der kinda wiped the floor with us , but I was able to give him back a little in spite of my lack of matchplay for the last 10 days due to a niggling plantar fasciitis ... kinda played from memory but no feeling on either wing ... I think my muscles were too tight or strengthened up and thats why I could not feel the ball and the paddle was feeling too light ... could also be the light weight training I was doing yesterday for my shoulder , quads and hamstring .. want to get back to game stronger ... the club was too full to record any videos , and we were really playing on the shittier tables .. where the lights were not so good or had people walking by ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
my taste buds were shaking in excitement from the first sip , the same way the blade does when you try to block one of his backhand loops ... as my dad famously coined during his heydays ... "there was a rapture in the sip" ... and I am not a coffee aficionado , I am Darjeeling tea aficionado ... I did make it a point to share with him a sample of leaves of Castleton 1st flush , the best that I have had ....

I did inquire about the price of the setup and Der is consistent in his views ... he said the thing costed him around 1500 , as his backhand he can rip out a winner with the right technique even with an old XP 2000 .. :) so can his espresso machine ...

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Got back home a little before midnight. Played 8 hrs at Local club Sat, did 8 hrs at swan causing trouble. making shots, or missing shots (glare from tables) doubles went well and that was a bout it.

Did meet a multi forum lurker, sold him my used FH Karis M+ for 10 USD and gave him my BH Karis M for free, spent an hour plus going over the usual Der_Echte share stuff of impact, serve, how to cope with topspin, how to other way, whatever.

My singles play sucked due to invisible zones from glare, but what the heck, brewed double digit cappucinos until the milk ran out.

Will try Monster's tea soon this week as recommended, Monster did footwork to some of my wide loops and hooked them back for winners and jaw drops. I had to have my lower rated partner with no knees bail me out for three matches.

My brew unit (Expobar Office Lever) sells for around $1250 new at wholelattelove.com NYC and the nice Mazzer grinder is mid 600s USD. Accessories like bang box, heavy tamper, frothing pitcher run another hundred, so for around $2000 USD, one could get a good head start on pro espresso/cappuccino with quality prosumer gear. The inners of the brew unit are the same in hte heavier more expensive commercial units. The secret is in the impact of the milk frothing, you need to impact it a certain way for so long to get tiny tiny bubbles unseen smooth and get that thick plentiful cream for my style of cappuccino. I dislike latte art, the cream is nearly non-existent and too thin, not great taste.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hmm - Der is taking his espresso VERY seriously, looks like a nice high end setup: Mazzer(?) grinder and can't tell espresso machine (Livia?). Too bad he never brought it to Medford TTC :)

Dude, In my short times in Boston, I brought enough pizza to Medford TTC to feed an entire zoo, many times.

Wait, did I just call the members of Boston TTC Inhabitants of Zoo ???!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews

View attachment 13074

View attachment 13075
View attachment 13076
View attachment 13077

View attachment 13078

Already got em fiending, huh?
;)

ttmonster said:

Man, first these obscure "Palm" leave symbols, now some obscure liquids that raise the vigilance...
... if i wouldn´t know better, i would be tending to believe that William is involved into some serious dope Biz
[Emoji23]

Ain´t no Party like a westcoast party without the legendary Red Cups!
Slowly but surely the evidences are adding up!
[Emoji6]
Looks as if you fellas had a jolly good time!

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I normally procure my own green beans and roast a fresh batch evrry three or four days, but here in California i have only a portion of my equipment.

So, i had to make do with some custom roast from Whole Foods.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Summer is here Carl , my offer still stands , there is nothing like the feeling of sea air blowing at your face as you stand in the beach drinking freshly made Cappuccino :p ... I just made it up , I don't think Der's coffee machine will work without electricity :)
I am kind of jealous. I love espresso. And although Der_Echte boasted about his baking skillz, to me it looks like that would make some mean espresso.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
... his backhand with his XP Dawei isn't his best shot , actually I was able to punch one down the line today while playing doubles , even his high toss serve does not come close and I did counter couple "so called " monster forehand back to his own pocket ...

...Monster did footwork to some of my wide loops and hooked them back for winners and jaw drops.

THAT SEALS IT TTMONSTER! 2 games, 9 pts in 3rd game AND the serve!!!!

..great taste.

Less filling !

Last edited: