Causing Trouble in California

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Pulled off the freway in orange county. Parked in a well lit deserted business place... Not even one hour later, security patrol bounced me out. Am zombie-ing at at Dennys until Octta opens at 10am.

Zzz... Zzz

I got in trouble instead of caused it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Played 4.5 hrs in OCTTA. Went like 10-2. lost both those 11-9 in 5th. Man, that TT hall is HUMID with a capitol H. After 3rd match, nothing dry on my and I only had one shirt one towel.

Loads of fun. LOTS of 50-60 yr old Vietnamese there, like the Motherlode.

After wins vs 3-4 of them (and one lose to a player my level) word got out to have the 50-60 yr old crowd take their crack at me. Match 6 I face some tallish wolf-thin Vietnamese 55-60 yr old with .5 LP or MP on BH, Boomarang I think it waz... He gave me long balls with the pips... and I RIPPED. Pretty much the story vs him. Played him twice. In between point the whole generation of 50-60 yr old is getting live update. They REALLY wanted my blood real bad, must be cresent moon Vampire blood lust season in So-Cal.. who knows, but they tossed player after player vs me... Played 6-7 straight matches no break, no towel, by the last match, I had HUGE problems keeping bat free of puddles of my wetness. I ruined the table every loop, my sweat must have flew across playing area... if my sweat was red, it woulda looked some really gory blood spray massacre crime scene from CIS Las Vegas or something like that.

The last guy they threw at me was my level and had dry towel and shirt :D He was my level, my serves didn't fool him, it took me two games to adjust to hiz. He had some OX LP I forget and could hit light medium pressure attack and keep me from ripping everything. He would give the LP, invite player to rip, then block, if opponent pushed to BH or middle, he would go to Seemiller GRRIP and BH rip one right at me. Luckily, I blocked t have been a shock, he has one mean rip with that grip and a ball to hiz middle.

I had the excuse of being constantly wet, 2 hrs sleep two days straight in my Audi, wet bat, wet grip, too many matches straight laddity laditty whing.

He showed me he was simply a little better, it was a great battle, he earned points with skill. He did get some good bounces his way, but you get more of those the better you are, I was unfortunate mostly, but fought, never give up on any point or ball. Won a few points that way. Must have been the Nexy shoes.

I used LISSOM with Karis M+... Man that blade has one heck of a top end with M+. Emilhet from MyTT gave me a sheet of H3 for the BH, it works good, but I can function well there with about any inverted rubber.

glad u had some fun :) yeah saturday its more better players will show up plus we have like matches like 7pm , Sunday are not so many only older ppls with pip are there to play double . i havent been there on weekend for a few months now, just regularly weekdays from mon-thru friday 730 to 1030pm closing :) . Next time please let me know in a advance, i'll go to see u or at least greet ehehhehe. Last minutes noticed i was in SD car cruising ehehhe.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
just another normal day in the life a table tennis player :) ..... played for a few minutes with my new weapon , then took an hour long drive to San Francisco ... today was player's night at Spin and wanted to visit it for the first time .
It turned out to be a lot of fun ... got to play doubles against Lily Zhang and a friend of mine .... also won a service receive against a Pro for a free drink ... and then got a play a game against the former French pro .. lost 11-2 but I am proud of the two points I managed to get ... one was on my serve and another while blocking his loops .... it was memorable night .. just got home and about to hit the bed ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
just another normal day in the life a table tennis player :) ..... played for a few minutes with my new weapon , then took an hour long drive to San Francisco ... today was player's night at Spin and wanted to visit it for the first time .
It turned out to be a lot of fun ... got to play doubles against Lily Zhang and a friend of mine .... also won a service receive against a Pro for a free drink ... and then got a play a game against the former French pro .. lost 11-2 but I am proud of the two points I managed to get ... one was on my serve and another while blocking his loops .... it was memorable night .. just got home and about to hit the bed ...

Awesome. Got any pics for us?
Wish i could've joined. Still happy for you. Must have been nice.

Reactions: ttmonster
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
In San Diego to cause trouble for a week before US Open.

At SD TTA, met an old friend Tat, played some of the better players, wrecked havoc with Tat in doubles, they all officially hat Tat/William...

Met a gent named Danny, he liked my losing effort vs a top J-Pen player. Interested in evolving his blocking into more solid, then offensive weapon. True American spirit, will not allow self to be molded into something he doesn't want. Knows many coaches want that. Showed him Next Level too. Asked him to read TTD and posts of KJH vids.

Reactions: ttmonster
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Pic with Tatlwei from OOAK forum... at San Diego TTA...

a3ec4adf51a92db1a90a6760f7723bbf.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited: