Who do you think will win the World Championships?

• Ma Long

Votes: 65 37.6%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 67 38.7%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Wong Chun Ting

• Timo Boll

• Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
Ito is the weak link of the Japanese pair. She's missing too much. Hayata is playing rather well. A Hirano/Hayata pair would present more of a challenge to the Chinese.

I think Ito's game is too weird, she's already peaked. Hayata has better prospects as a singles player and I expect her to be in the JNT main team while Ito will be sitting on the bench

The Chinese won easily that match without too much problem.

Reactions: eyepop
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
FINALS - 2017-06-05 UTC + 2 Hours

14:30: MA Long CHN - FAN Zhendong CHN

15:30: CHEN Meng CHN / ZHU Yuling CHN - DING Ning CHN / LIU Shiwen CHN

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
The final of the most pretigous competition between the two representatives of their generations. They both joined CNT A squad from the age of 16. Today, will we see ML defends his champion or FZD opens his account for a grand slam title? 20 min to go...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
The lady translator is so fluent bilingually, speaks impeccable Chinese and English.

Update: Her name is Emma LI

She is new to interpreting though. I cringe everytime she uses third person to refer to the interviewee. That's interpreting 101, speak in first person, try to be invisible :p

Reactions: eyepop
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
If FZD wins over ML, he should finally overtake him in the world rankings, right? -- considering the 3x points + points depending on how far you get in the tournament.

Right now FZD dominating!

More importantly FZD will tremendously gain his confidence against ML because he never beat ML at international stage :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
<font color="#00ff00"><strong>NOW LIVE:</strong></font> Ma Long vs Fan Zhendong FINAL! Live streaming <a href="https://tv.ittf.com/livestream/ittf-world-championships-table-1/783974" target="_blank">here.</a>