Who do you think will win the World Championships?

• Ma Long

Votes: 65 37.6%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 67 38.7%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Wong Chun Ting

• Timo Boll

• Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
i think by statistics youre right with what you mentioned if we look at fzd score at chinese super league, national cc, internal events he won like everything where hes been coached.
but i dont think that the impact is that high and beside of that they playin each other so often and i dont thin they are changing tactics so much in different games. everybody knows who s struggling with which balls. i'd say it s

50% ma long
35% fan zhendong
8% zjk
6% xx
1% anybody else

of winning wttc

I agree that CNT players play so often against each other that coaching them against each other should not have any great impact on the outcome. But ML still has upper hand on FZD in international arena. Does that mean ML has a hidden 'A' game which he intentionally does not expose when they are practicing against other CNT guys. I think they do have some special tricks/variations that they only bring to table at the biggest stage !!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I agree that CNT players play so often against each other that coaching them against each other should not have any great impact on the outcome. But ML still has upper hand on FZD in international arena. Does that mean ML has a hidden 'A' game which he intentionally does not expose when they are practicing against other CNT guys. I think they do have some special tricks/variations that they only bring to table at the biggest stage !!

I think that there may also be the fact of motivation. what happened to zjk I think is part of what happened to ma long after the 2016 rio cycle ended. they dont want to loose neither they even really deliberately play worse its just the will that leads to get the last 5-10% that is not there in every game they play. I don't know any other sportsman with a result score like ma long in the past 4 years this is like federer djokovic and murray combined thinking of other sports.

i'm pretty sure there wont be a Ma Long like the one we have seen at asian games or at the trials. he mentioned before his departure that he is already a bit nervous, it s his first time defending the title, hell probably be ready for whatever till next monday.

id be pretty amazed seeing one non cnt player catching the heat of the crowd and fighting on that level against the dragon.
i d definetly go crazy on my place next week :D

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
The stadium is coming together!

1wttc2017.jpg

2wttc2017.jpg

3wttc2017.jpg

4wttc2017.jpg

Cool facts and figures on the mammoth project: http://www.wttc2017.com/en/news/ein-mammutprojekt.html

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Youngsik have skills to beat Ma Long, Franziska have chance to win 2-3 sets with Chinese Players
but Top Chinese players are playing with top role-players and they have big advance.
Ma long with FZD have special BH A+ game

black horse? Agressive Tiago Apolonia can beat ZJK, Xu Xin

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Youngsik have skills to beat Ma Long, Franziska have chance to win 2-3 sets with Chinese Players
but Top Chinese players are playing with top role-players and they have big advance.

Sorry but in my opinion I see no way for tiago to beat a chinese player. Beside the fact that all in all he is not the very stable in his performance at all, even losing against 100+ ranked players from time to time his A game is just to soft and his recent results like the 0:3 against timo don t show me that he is in a new and better condition. In the world ranking he is in top 30 and even top 20 for a while but players like gardos, lebesson, fegerl who are most the time behind tiago have more chance to get a shot at a big win. tiago is 0:2 down against zjk and 0:3 against xx head to head winning like 5 sets in 5 games. I really like watching tiagos playing style many spectacular rallies from half distance, but from the point of effectiveness he can beat guys like gauzy or niwa who are higher ranked but not the chinese dudes they kill him with this playing style.
I think mizutani is a good example for this changing his playing style in the last year more forward to the table not playing so much defense and now gets way better results than before. it s sad but with the beutiful playing style away from the table you dont win any big trophies.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016

Younsik has no chance to beat ML. In fact his game is too soft to trouble anybody in CNT except ZJK. I would rather give an outside chance to Lee Sangsu or Jang Woojin to enforce an upset against CNT.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Younsik has no chance to beat ML. In fact his game is too soft to trouble anybody in CNT except ZJK. I would rather give an outside chance to Lee Sangsu or Jang Woojin to enforce an upset against CNT.

you know sth about his condition right now after the injury from asian games

This user has no status.

Tiago lost 4-1 to ZJK when ZJK had a high fever, an injured ankle, and hadnt played competative TT for 5 months.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
I think Mizutani and Ovtcharov will cause a major upset. I think its time for them to perform well on the big stage.

Would be nice to see this semi final matches:

Ma Long vs Jun Mizutani
Ovtcharov vs Fan Zhendong

It will not surprise me if Ovtcharov meets Ma Long. He always seems to meet him early on.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think Mizutani and Ovtcharov will cause a major upset. I think its time for them to perform well on the big stage.

Would be nice to see this semi final matches:

Ma Long vs Jun Mizutani
Ovtcharov vs Fan Zhendong

It will not surprise me if Ovtcharov meets Ma Long. He always seems to meet him early on.

Wishful thinking. I doubt if any of them will make semis. Ovcharov can never beat ML , FZD, XX or even LGY. ZJK is possible but depends on the day.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Wishful thinking. I doubt if any of them will make semis. Ovcharov can never beat ML , FZD, XX or even LGY. ZJK is possible but depends on the day.

he already showed that he can beat xx. but in general im on your side

Last edited:
Reactions: sanavasaraja
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
My hopes are high for Dima. I want him to make a deep run and challenge one of the chinese.
I also want Mizutani to come in topform. He was a pleasure to watch in Olympia 2016.
Zhang Jike to keep his mental and make a deep run too.
And i predict Ma Long to win it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
On a funny note I would root for Dima if he does not make that hissing noise and ball blow job thing !! On a serious note Dima vs FZD world tour final match is still fresh in my mind. What if the ball did not break in middle of that fateful point could have had a lasting impact on CNT. Lets hope Dima produces similar level of play.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
Sorry but in my opinion I see no way for tiago to beat a chinese player. Beside the fact that all in all he is not the very stable in his performance at all, even losing against 100+ ranked players from time to time his A game is just to soft and his recent results like the 0:3 against timo don t show me that he is in a new and better condition. In the world ranking he is in top 30 and even top 20 for a while but players like gardos, lebesson, fegerl who are most the time behind tiago have more chance to get a shot at a big win. tiago is 0:2 down against zjk and 0:3 against xx head to head winning like 5 sets in 5 games. I really like watching tiagos playing style many spectacular rallies from half distance, but from the point of effectiveness he can beat guys like gauzy or niwa who are higher ranked but not the chinese dudes they kill him with this playing style.
I think mizutani is a good example for this changing his playing style in the last year more forward to the table not playing so much defense and now gets way better results than before. it s sad but with the beutiful playing style away from the table you dont win any big trophies.

I saw Tiago beat Wang Liqin handsomely at the English Open a few years back when WLQ was in his prime. Anything's possible.

Administrator
Oct 2010
Dima has arrived!

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FDimitrijOvtcharov%2Fvideos%2F1530687066963762%2F&show_text=0&width=400" width="400" height="400" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Reactions: Suga D