Who do you think will win the World Championships?

• Ma Long

Votes: 65 37.6%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 67 38.7%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Wong Chun Ting

• Timo Boll

• Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
ML simply too smart for FZD, right now it looks like FZD lacks some confidence on how to open up the rally in the short short exchange cause he got trapped so many times by the captain. He will win it eventually FZD seems to have less experience in certain situations with poor decision making

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Fan is not beaten yet! I have a feeling ML is getting a little bit out of breath

Its only a matter if ML gets worried or not, he is definitely a better thinker of the game than FZD, fzd too predictable in his reactions, he insisted on diagonal attacks and got counter attacked so many timess

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
His counters, blocks and redirections in general lack precision. He would've caught ML off guard quite a few times but he just misses the table by a bit

yeah he got afraid, ML kinda showed him that ok boy power it up and i will stil hit it back so he got frustrated

p.s. gotta hand it to the kid though he slowly starts to adapt and try to out troll ma long, but still in the short game ML has the upper hand in general

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Review Moderator
Jul 2011
Read 7 reviews
cache.php

If you ever have to play against Ma Long, this is how to serve. ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
cache.php

If you ever have to play against Ma Long, this is how to serve. ;)

on the other hand it kinda shows how predictable little fatty is, not even one long or half long serve to fool the captain, he for sure understantds that change of tempo and variation was needed to steal some points from ML

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
ML kinda gave up the set at 8-4, only putting in very little effort. I think the fitness could really play a factor here.
I think it's more a "mental fitness". It's very difficult to keep that level of concentration all the time

Sent from my 2014819 using Tapatalk

Reactions: fais and TTFrenzy
This user has no status.
FZD is physically noticably more dominant than ML. FZD is a beast of power that can only be contained by a cool head, thinking on the fly and flawless execution. It's difficult to keep that up for the entirety of a whole match!

FZD is now way calmer and more collected, not going full force instantly. That gives ML far less to exploit...

This user has no status.