Who do you think will win the World Championships?

• Ma Long

Votes: 65 37.6%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 67 38.7%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Wong Chun Ting

• Timo Boll

• Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
CNT players who did not attend WTTC went back to their provincial teams. After WTTC, there is no news of team gathering and CNT canceled a CCTV program to review WTTC which was quite unusual. I assume there is a short break but players who stay in Beijing can still go to the National Training Center if they want. In the case of ML, he already left for Japan today.

Not sure if this the right thread to ask this but I am very curious to know what CNT players do after WTTC in terms of training. Do they take a break from systematic training ? Do they practice in their provinces or some central location. How would ML prepare for a tournament like Japan Open for example ??

Last edited:
Reactions: drunix80
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
In the case of ML, he already arrived in Japan today.

ML is such a dedicated and disciplined guy -
fully devoted. I wont be surprised if he practiced the next day after he won WTTC. His hunger for success is so awesome. Thanks for the info Rain.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Sorry I just checked and made a correction. ML is still on his flight to Japan:p
Well, other players like FZD, XX, FB and coaches also left for Japan today (LGY, LJK left yesterday because they need to play qualification). I think that's the way how CNT works. They are really serious of TT.

ML is such a dedicated and disciplined guy -
fully devoted. Wow!! Just won WTTC and already went to Japan obviously to prepare in Japanese conditions ahead of time. His hunger for success is so awesome. Thanks for the info Rain.

Reactions: drunix80
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
Another interesting video, with an interview of Liu GuoLiang and discussion on the coaching changes in the CNT.

Interesting Tidbit: To be the head coach within the CNT you need to meet 3 requirements according to the CTTA; have won the World or Olympic Championship, have coached someone to a World or Olympic Championship, and to have participate in a World or Olympic Championship as a coach. No biggie?

Also kudos to this channel, and their multitude of subtitles videos.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Another interesting video, with an interview of Liu GuoLiang and discussion on the coaching changes in the CNT.

Interesting Tidbit: To be the head coach within the CNT you need to meet 3 requirements according to the CTTA; have won the World or Olympic Championship, have coached someone to a World or Olympic Championship, and to have participate in a World or Olympic Championship as a coach. No biggie?
Team and doubles titles count for the requirements, so the hardest requirement is really the coaching one, as coaching a player to a championship is a commitment. Ma Lin kinda got cheated out of the opportunity with Ma Long unless they give him credit sitting in China, but Wang Hao couldn't do it with FZD yet, but that is almost inevitable. So Mr RPB may end up being the next men's head coach.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Don't forget FZD's MD gold. That counts for WH.
Not sure if Ma Lin will have a chance to go to 2018 WTTC team event as a coach; he did not get the chance to go to 2017 WTTC.
BTW, is there a limit of coach numbers per team in WTTC ? I know OG limits 2 coaches per team. CNT sent 7 coaches in total (LGL also coached women's team after the suspension of KLH) to 2017 WTTC.

Team and doubles titles count for the requirements, so the hardest requirement is really the coaching one, as coaching a player to a championship is a commitment. Ma Lin kinda got cheated out of the opportunity with Ma Long unless they give him credit sitting in China, but Wang Hao couldn't do it with FZD yet, but that is almost inevitable. So Mr RPB may end up being the next men's head coach.

Last edited: