Dhs Fang Bo carbon?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Hey guys, I wanted to know if anyone has played with this blade? If yes how does it play? And what exactly is the pith-film tech carbon used in it?

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
I play with the penhold version and it is great. Short game, looping, flips, flicks, smashing all good. Can't comment on far-off play, i play a close to tabke game. Short serves are good too.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gourav Acharya
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
I play with the penhold version and it is great. Short game, looping, flips, flicks, smashing all good. Can't comment on far-off play, i play a close to tabke game. Short serves are good too.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
How heavy is it? And what rubber's do you use on it?

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
It plays and feels exactly like a DHS HL5. The FBC is only marginally harder but its significantly cheaper than the HL5. Besides that, the handle is nice and confortable unlike the old HL5 which has thin and slim handle.
Generally:
-Superb feel and control
-Not that fast compared to other carbon blades
-Big sweet spot (Almost 90% of blade which i dont like)
-Slow but powerful with alot of catapult on big swings
-This blade does not compensate for weakness in technique. Dont perform a proper loop technique and the shot will fail like a normal all wood blade (Clipper for example)
-But this makes it one of the few carbon blades where I would not mind recommending to newer players as they will not become dependant on the blade to do all the work.

Conclusion
Depending on what you want, this blade may or may not be good for you. If you want a fast blade that does everything for you, looks elsewhere. If looking for a good cheap carbon blade but willing to learn good proper technique, then this blade is a good choice.

This user has no status.
Hey Kev. I can send you a FB2 if you want to test it out? It's on the eBay pile at the moment so not using it.
Hey Andy,

I actually have a Hurricane Long V coming this week! Probs gonna put MXP on it because I liked it on the Maze but was a bit too fast for me on a TB ALC!

And the EJ virus strikes yet again, sigh... Appreciate the offer though :)

Question - is the only difference between the HLV and the Fang Bo the quality difference?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Generally:
-Superb feel and control
-Not that fast compared to other carbon blades
-Big sweet spot (Almost 90% of blade which i dont like)

What is the difference between Fang Bo carbon and Fang Bo B2? (In terms of amount of feel and blocking speed)
Have you tried the Hurricane Hao or Hurricane 301? (How do they compare to the Fang Bo blades?)