Attending WTTC-2017 Dusseldorf

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
I will be there too almost the whole week! Hope to meet people from the forum!

Reactions: Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Uh-oh, i'm a terrible organiser. Our team only made me the captain 'cause no one else wanted to do it.
But i promise i'll try my best.
:)

Haven't you noticed that Der says things like, I'm gonna be here on this day and time. Everybody show up.

And then he lets other people do the organizing. [emoji2]

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
.. but then Der_Echte is indie ping pong celebrity ...
Haven't you noticed that Der says things like, I'm gonna be here on this day and time. Everybody show up.

And then he lets other people do the organizing. [emoji2]

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
.. but then Der_Echte is indie ping pong celebrity ...

I think Suga D has some mojo that we don't even realize about when he is spinning records. With the car and him being from not too far, I have a feeling he may know some good places to find Baal some of that Koelsch to wash the events down. I think this may promise to be a mission with a lot of troublemaking opportunities. I really do wish I could go.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
who doesn't Carl , who doesn't .... for all we know Der_Echte might be secretly planning to crash this party ... the goon squad might suddenly find out that Liu Guoliang has arranged for a special session because Zhang Jike is having trouble returning Der's topspins even with his national version equipment ...
I think Suga D has some mojo that we don't even realize about when he is spinning records. With the car and him being from not too far, I have a feeling he may know some good places to find Baal some of that Koelsch to wash the events down. I think this may promise to be a mission with a lot of troublemaking opportunities. I really do wish I could go.

This user has no status.
Hey guys, going to be a great WTTC! I was thinking the Saturday evening (3rd June) we could do a TTDaily meetup? There will probably be most members around on the Saturday? Maybe we could get a few pro's to join us!

No No..Before that please... I am flying back to India on 3rd eve.. Anyday before 3rd June

This user has no status.
Unfortunately i was too late for tix on the weekend and have to work on the other days, but a teammate of mine was quick enough and got tix for the weekend but isn't sure if he can make it. So in case he can't go, i will buy his tickets.

But nevertheless in Düsseldorf you have the TTBL team Borussia Düsseldorf and also the Andro TT-school.
https://www.borussia-duesseldorf.com/tt-schule/news/

I wasn't sure about their schedule, but they also have courses during the WTTC.

One and a half hour ride away from Düsseldorf you can find the TTBL team TTC Grenzau with the Butterfly TT-school.
But don't know about their schedule too, but just look up their phone number from their website or send them an E-Mail.
Here's the link:
https://www.zugbruecke.de/de/Wellnesshotel-Zugbrücke-Grenzau/Butterfly-Tischtennis-Schule/4/

There are many more clubs, so if you know where you gonna stay i can try to help find a club not far away.
But the two above mentioned are probably the best options anyway.

I came across this Liebherr Master's College (http://www.masters-college.com/) . How is this ??
Also could you connect me to someone at Grenzhau (Butterfly T.T. school ) ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I came across this Liebherr Master's College (http://www.masters-college.com/) . How is this ??
Also could you connect me to someone at Grenzhau (Butterfly T.T. school ) ?

It's got quite a good reputation. Actually it's the homebase of TTBL club TTF Liebherr Ochsenhausen. Nevertheless it's in a very different corner of Germany and would mean about 4h drive (one way) from Düsseldorf.
I'll try to get the contact data for Grenzau. One of my clubmates goes there once or twice a year. But you can just click in that following link:

https://www.zugbruecke.de/de/Wellnesshotel-Zugbrücke-Grenzau/Ansprechpartner/129/

Either try to speak to Mrs. Debus for reservations or to Mr. Stefko for courses, but actually Mrs. Debus or one of her co workers should be able to help you too.
Good luck.
In case you need help don't hesitate to pm me and we'll sort that out.

Last edited:
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Ok My TTD Brothers.

I have made flight reservations. Hotel reservations. Car rental reservations. Bought tickets to the event. I am ready to go. (I only made hotel reservations for part of the time though, because I need to spend some time in nearby Cologne and also in case a trip to Frankfurt turns out to be a good plan. If not, maybe I will take a few days in the Netherlands.

There is nothing like freedom!