Around the Net by Edmund Suen

says Aging is a killer
Nice touch.
I've deliberately only looked twice to put myself in the umpire's view. It clearly had a big bounce on the table. I can't tell if there was a second bounce. But certainly if the young lad executed a winning loop or off the bounce return then the umpire would be inclined to give the point to the lad.
Not a slider or roller.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah. Looking at it frame by frame, it is at least 2 very low bounces. I think there may be some skid or slide in the bounces. But I would need better technology to see for sure.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Edmund is awesome fun. And he is the guy who got me working on going around the net way back when he was fixing my forehand.

Not just fun, but a great teacher. Nobody else had the patience to get me to understand exactly what I needed to do to change my forehand. Not just the mechanics of it. But what I needed to do to get my body to learn the new pattern and actually get it into muscle memory so the old pattern disappeared and the new pattern actually stuck.

And while he was teaching me that, we would mess around with around the net drills too. Very useful. Days after the first time we did it, I was playing this lefty who likes serving to the righty wide FH and waiting on the return. And he did it and I went around the net and he was totally nonplussed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Is this a roller or a slider?

hahahahah. Awesome shot. :)

Hahaha
:)
Great shot, really.

Once I got lucky and also played such a ball in a league match and was so excited and happy about it that i still somehow managed to loose the match against my opponent.

That's already a couple of years ago, so unfortunately there's no video evidence. But my opponent Lars (a friend from a neighbour town) and me still remember quite well, since it was the only time we played each other in a league match.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I just love Edmund's reaction too. You can tell how happy he is and that he wants to scream. But he is polite and just smiles and raises his arms and turns towards the side to not overdo the celebration. [emoji2]