Videos of Lower Rank Choppers?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
That is part of what a good chopper does is get his opponent out of his game and make him question his shots and play worse than he should. There is an art to doing that.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
Here is the answer:

DHS CURL P-4

I supposed you mistyped it, Carl, but,

Nice idea. Using hard DHS sponge behind TSP Curl. :)

On paper,

It should make the combi feel more grippy to enable spinnier return. :)

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 6 reviews
That is part of what a good chopper does is get his opponent out of his game and make him question his shots and play worse than he should. There is an art to doing that.

That is true, but I just can't see how he does it. For me it looks like he is just standing at the middle of the table and trying to hit the ball with a racket without any special wrist movements, angles or something like that. He even played 5 set match with 1st league player from Brazil

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Can anyone explain how can he be the best 3rd league player and beat strong 2nd league players (his opponent here 89% 2nd league) ?

His opponent most likely never (or very rarely) plays close to the table LP blockers, a.k.a. 'pushblocker' style. So, he knows how to loop backspin and topspin (duh!), but anything weird, especially the ones he had to move to, were a disaster. I also thought LP player exploited opponent's BH weakness, scoring quite a few points off long serves to BH.

Look up videos of 'Pushblocker' (Olivier Mader) on YouTube - his LP blocks are very short and low, which is a) hard to do (I tried) and b) nasty. This guy is more of an angle player, hate those too :).

Edit: Also - he's not really a chopper ;).

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I supposed you mistyped it, Carl, but,

Nice idea. Using hard DHS sponge behind TSP Curl. :)

On paper,

It should make the combi feel more grippy to enable spinnier return. :)

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

I just cut and pasted what Philippe Dassonval told me he used in his text back to me after I asked. It could be he didn't want people to know what he uses though.

But that is what he wrote in answer to my asking what he uses.

One thing for sure, I know nothing about pips. So I didn't even know exactly what the answer meant. [emoji2]

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thanks Carl, the older gentleman wasn't too good against my pimples. You'll also all be pleased to know I don't have stupid dyed blonde hair anymore too! Lol! What was I thinking?!

I like your style though. You rip the ball when you decide to and the chopping is smooth.

Reactions: Suga D and BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
I like your style though. You rip the ball when you decide to and the chopping is smooth.

Thank you! My struggle at the moment is that I don't attack enough and I took often don't do enough with the ball on my forehand, perhaps sometimes a little too defensive..

Reactions: Nuke Skywalker