Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey all,

Here's our latest review on the highly anticipated Butterfly Rozena Rubber. This rubber uses Butterfly’s famous spring sponge high tension technology also used in the popular Tenergy series. The Rozena is not designed for Butterfly’s, traditional, elite player market. Instead Butterfly’s idea with the Rozena was to develop a rubber for less advanced players or for players who need greater forgiveness and less responsiveness in a rubber then say tenergy gives you.

Watch our full video review below.

For a more detailed review on the Rozena visit the TTD review Center.

Have you, or do you use these rubbers? What do you think of them?

This user has no status.
I feel mostly the same about the rubber in my short time using it. Quite similar to JP03, with a slightly bouncier short game and a higher catapult in the top end. Hope the durability is better than JP03. The rubber is quite light too. I feel over all your highest quality shots maybe capped compared to a t05 or boosted h3, in terms of speed/spin marginally, but your low quality shots will be better to a much more noticeable degree. My training partner agrees on the receiving end of the hits. My out of position shots now get a serviceable amount of spin where they may not prior with say a-Xiom Euro DF or JP03. I am not a great player so I appreciate the help in the lower quality shots over the slight cap on the top end. I was very worried this would play too bouncy in the short game, but with use it is perfect. It really plays quite tame with pushes. All of this is based on a sample of 1 red sheet in 2.1 (max sponge size I believe for this rubber) on the BH of a 92gr Viscaria. I flipped the racket around against my robot and the FH loop arcs were noticeably lower than H3, even lower than H8. Could really feel the catapult on FH.

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
good review ... but still it looks like it is still to sensitive to spin (counters) and still small amount of spin ...
But you have fun
Anyway ... i was awaiting Andro rasanter review which is i thing more interesting rubber then rozena.

says STAX X9000 is the BEST!
Can someone compare rozena to 05fx?

I see people comparing with tenergy 05 and sounds pretty much like 05fx.

Maybe rozena is a 05fx with steroids

Sent from my 2014819 using Tapatalk
IMO Rozena is different (which I'm happy about actually, don't like 05FX, at least on Apolonia blade with soft outer wood layers...), basically it's because the hardness of the Rozena sponge is muuuuuch closer to 05, than to 05FX, the difference actually IMO quite close to Butterfly specs of sponges of these rubbers: 05 - 36 degrees, Rozena - 35 degrees, 05FX - 32 degrees... Also the arc with Rozena is even more linear than 05, so this is another big difference with big arc of 05FX... So IMHO Rozena and 05FX don't have much in common, very different rubbers...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Thanks for the review Dan

i see that there's been no review for Butterfly SpinArt (that I'm using)... Its been available for a while and also been using the Spring Sponge technology and I think its a very under-rated rubber; the price range is similar to Rozena . I'd be happy to have your opinion on this one as well.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 2 reviews

i see that there's been no review for Butterfly SpinArt (that I'm using)... Its been available for a while and also been using the Spring Sponge technology and I think its a very under-rated rubber; the price range is similar to Rozena . I'd be happy to have your opinion on this one as well.

Liu Shiwen used to use SpinArt on her BH right..??

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Liu Shiwen used to use SpinArt on her BH right..??

yes I think she did, so did Ai FUKUHARA (FH). I'm using it for my BH... actually I'm trying a bit to play like LIU SW with BH. stay near the table, short stroke form. The rubber is very tacky, you don't need to use the full arm to put a lot of spin. with good wrist and timing you can get good power and spin. There is good control in block, or short game, and for BH serves its excellent.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews

I've been playing with it two years ago. It's really nice. But over here it's more expensive. It's in Tenergy price range.
But a review of it would certainly be welcome.

But speaking of reviews, now back to the topic:

Brilliant review, guys.
Actually i feel a bit tempted to try it now.
[Emoji2]

Last edited:

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
BTW, I really like Tom's reverse serve at 11:30, next time you make a review please ask him to use it more :)

Hey Ilia,

Sure ill ask him to use it a bit more often :) Hopefully I can handle and return it :D

Dan which Bluefire did you compare the Rozena to? Great review but the one I really want to see is Rasanter.

Hi Zaid, good question I should have mentioned this. We used the Bluefire M2 rubber in the comparison. Awesome the Rasanter review will be out soon :) Thanks for watching!

Dan, the Rozena is better for the forehand or backhand? what is your feel about this?

Great question! You know, I think the Rozena is a great backhand rubber. I think the feel works well on the backhand, to block and punch well. It is easy to open against backspin to so I personally favour the Rozena on the backhand to the forehand side.

Can someone compare rozena to 05fx?

I see people comparing with tenergy 05 and sounds pretty much like 05fx.

Maybe rozena is a 05fx with steroids

Sent from my 2014819 using Tapatalk

We should have compared the Rozena to a Tenergy FX. The Tenergy FX rubbers are quite a bit softer than the Rozena and quite a bit different to one another as DragonOwen has mentioned.

Hi I'm planning to get the Stiga infinity vps is the Rozena rubber good for this blade. If yes then is it good for BH

I think that's a great combination :) Let us know how you get on with your new setup.

good review ... but still it looks like it is still to sensitive to spin (counters) and still small amount of spin ...
But you have fun
Anyway ... i was awaiting Andro rasanter review which is i thing more interesting rubber then rozena.

Thanks Bobpuls, the Rasanter review will be out soon, stay tuned :)

I've only tried the SpinArt once a while back. Ill try and get a sheet and give it a go and keep you posted.

I've been playing with it two years ago. It's really nice. But over here it's more expensive. It's in Tenergy price range.
But a review of it would certainly be welcome.

But speaking of reviews, now back to the topic:

Brilliant review, guys.
Actually i feel a bit tempted to try it now.
[Emoji2]

Aha thanks Suga! :)

One more question though:
@tom: are you still playing with Genesis, or is the Rozena now locked on your blade?

Tom is back to using Genesis he is playing in the London Grandprix this weekend. Tom is a sponsored STIGA player and uses Genesis as his go to rubber. He loves it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Absolutely brilliant review , I do agree with Suga and Takkyu that an Spinart review is not out there anywhere ...

I myself have been playing with H8 on my forehand for a while and have been looking at other options ...

Boosting a provincial H3 , Spinart , H3 Neo at 37 degrees ... etc..

So if you can make it happen , it will be really good .... looks like TTD reviews are now becoming the gold standard in equipment review ... really liked the part where you compared it to other rubbers .. its gutsy !

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Absolutely brilliant review , I do agree with Suga and Takkyu that an Spinart review is not out there anywhere ...

I myself have been playing with H8 on my forehand for a while and have been looking at other options ...

Boosting a provincial H3 , Spinart , H3 Neo at 37 degrees ... etc..

So if you can make it happen , it will be really good .... looks like TTD reviews are now becoming the gold standard in equipment review ... really liked the part where you compared it to other rubbers .. its gutsy !

I agree, I will look into Spinart, I have a friend who uses it, will have a chat with him.

H8 on the forehand, nice! Great rubber! Yes I think comparing to other rubbers is really good as it helps users understand where the rubber sits. We have had a lot of requests to compare to other rubbers within the playing footage, so we thought we better crack on with it! :D

Glad you like the review TTMonster!