Butterfly Rozena Rubber Review

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Thx Dan and Tom
as always an awesome review *thumbs up*
I think I will also try the Rozena for my BH, since the control was mentioned.

For your next review, I would be really looking forward to the Nittaku Fastarc-G1 ;), cause it's one of the most popular rubber in the japanese market.

cheers

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
After this week i spook with one player who plays Rozena first time on competition level and she was really disappointed , cause of higher humidity in the hall the Rozena lost most of its grip .. Have you guys more experience like this or it was one of thousandth ?

says STAX X9000 is the BEST!
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I haven't used it in high humidity, but have first-hand experience of this with T05. Reading this, Rozena suffers even more. We need more data!

Manufacturers probably have sound measurement methods and tons of data about their own, and probably of competitor's stuff as well; wouldn't it be great if that data were opened up. Perhaps this assumption of a systematic, sound engineering-approach if equipment development is wrong; and then having method framework and tool chain for measurements would be no less desirable, to the contrary.
is laudable, in that respect. IMNSHO.

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
well about what kind of humidity are you speaking here? I think in Germany I'd be pretty safe, if you live in Asia however...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
They won't , these companies regularly steal stuff from each other's research and I have even heard one of my friends who used to work for a small rubber company that one of the bigger companies basically shut them down when they figured that they have something promising coming up ... if they share all the equipment testing results or so , people who are knowledgeable will put 2 and 2 together and figure out what they are upto ... its kind of like the open source vs proprietary argument in software engineering and butterfly is the "Apple" that makes Macs and eyePhones , some flavours of Android comes close but you have to be a table tennis geek to optimize it to work for you as best as a sheet of tenergy ...

but I was curious what does IMNSHO mean , In my not so honest opinion ? Just kidding .. no offense :)
I haven't used it in high humidity, but have first-hand experience of this with T05. Reading this, Rozena suffers even more. We need more data!

Manufacturers probably have sound measurement methods and tons of data about their own, and probably of competitor's stuff as well; wouldn't it be great if that data were opened up. Perhaps this assumption of a systematic, sound engineering-approach if equipment development is wrong; and then having method framework and tool chain for measurements would be no less desirable, to the contrary.
is laudable, in that respect. IMNSHO.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
Yesterday I glued Rozena on Jike Szlc! I liked it very much, although I did not make it through, I recommend! They write that the rubbers does not like the moisture-the room can be said to be wet, but the clutch is not gone, maybe while the new ones ... The pair together delivered approximately 5500 roubles, there are photos In my insta remontitochka

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
So they create a rubber for amateurs who can't handle tenergy and the 2nd best player in the world ends up using it.
Proof that not even butterfly knows what they are doing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
So they create a rubber for amateurs who can't handle tenergy and the 2nd best player in the world ends up using it.
Proof that not even butterfly knows what they are doing.

Yeah, Zhu Yuling using Rozena shocked me too. But don't forget that women tend to have longer rallies and better stability might worth more than the extra spin. I don't think we will see any men using it in the top 100.

Another thing to consider is the reaction to boosters. I believe none of the forum members tried to boost it and it might be way better with tuning. For example Sriver is a mediocre rubber at best, but with speed-glue it was amazing (I've never tried, but everyone says so)
And Wang Hao, who had a very-very good RPB, used Sriver topsheet with Bryce sponge.

Last edited:
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Here you go mate:
https://world-tt.com/blog/yu/
2017-06-06_15-05-37.jpg
2017-06-06_15-08-15.jpg
2017-06-06_15-08-47.jpg
2017-06-06_15-10-05.jpg
2017-06-06_15-12-01.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Hi, do you think the rozena is suitable as modern defence fh rubber? Currently using tibhar el-p

It depends on if you want to chop with FH or not. If yes, don't buy Rozena. Rozena is bouncy and bouncy rubbers are bad for chopping. If you want just loop and lob with FH then you can go for Rozena. However I think there are better options for modern defence. But I don't know your level, how much do you loop, how much do you lob and if you are playing closer or further to the table. Maybe you could name a player with similar style and tell us what blade do you use and what is your level (which league,rating points, years of experience etc) .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
It depends on if you want to chop with FH or not. If yes, don't buy Rozena. Rozena is bouncy and bouncy rubbers are bad for chopping. If you want just loop and lob with FH then you can go for Rozena. However I think there are better options for modern defence. But I don't know your level, how much do you loop, how much do you lob and if you are playing closer or further to the table. Maybe you could name a player with similar style and tell us what blade do you use and what is your level (which league,rating points, years of experience etc) .

I'm not very good player. I return playing after almost 15 years.
Long long time ago I used butterfly renova.
I play with Galaxy 980 def, tibhar el+p, friendship 755 1.0 mm
I would say my style is 70% attack from the FH and 30% long distance chop.
What modren defence​ FH rubbers you recommend?

Last edited: