Butterfly Rozena Rubber Review

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
First of all: sorry for waking up an old thread.

So I finally took the advice that I was given by a coach some 6 months ago and decided to give Rozena a go. It has really paid off especially in match play. I’ve currently got it on a Korbel Japan and it feels great except for certain forehand strokes where it feels way too fast.

I have ave two other blades that I love: Stiga Azalea and Nostalgic Allround. Which blade do you think would suit Rozena best? Would a fairly soft blade like the Azalea mismatch with a spring sponge type rubber?

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
First of all: sorry for waking up an old thread.

So I finally took the advice that I was given by a coach some 6 months ago and decided to give Rozena a go. It has really paid off especially in match play. I’ve currently got it on a Korbel Japan and it feels great except for certain forehand strokes where it feels way too fast.

I have ave two other blades that I love: Stiga Azalea and Nostalgic Allround. Which blade do you think would suit Rozena best? Would a fairly soft blade like the Azalea mismatch with a spring sponge type rubber?

I'm also interested in this as I own a Korbel JP and Azalea myself and have been interested in the Rozena rubber having tried it but on other blades owned by clubmates. By the way, do you have the Azalea OFF or ALL version?

Reactions: Realtor_Dillon
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
I'm also interested in this as I own a Korbel JP and Azalea myself and have been interested in the Rozena rubber having tried it but on other blades owned by clubmates. By the way, do you have the Azalea OFF or ALL version?

I’ve got the allround version of the Azalea. I guess it’s mainly technique as I’ve only played with Rozena for about three weeks (maybe 25h) but I still got a feeling that a slower blade would help.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
I'm using Rozena FH and BH on my Yasaka Sweden Extra and am really liking it, also found it a bit fast to start with especially on FH but hasn't taken long to get used to.

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll give it some more time before trying out another blade.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Would a fairly soft blade like the Azalea mismatch with a spring sponge type rubber?

To answer your original question, I don't think the Rozena being a 42-43 degree hardness rubber on the euro scale would mismatch your Azalea ALL. A softer spring sponge/tensor type might, but 42-43 is still a relatively hard and fast rubber. Many of the good youth players at my club still use ALL+ blades with medium or medium soft rubbers (including Rozena for some) and they send bullets and very spinny shots, having of course really good technique. I've tried their setups and they feel very good. A teammate is going to give me a sheet of Rozena (he tried it for half the season but still prefers T05FX), so I'll get a chance to try it on my Korbel JP and Azalea OFF soon!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
What thickness you using? I have max on FH and 1.9 on BH - which is working really nice, and seems more consistent.

2,1mm. It works amazing for shots that has been problematic before like the forehand short game / serve receives. The loop took a few hours to adjust but I’m still struggling with flat shots like drives (quite a few going long) and smashes (putting quite a few in the net).

The backhand is fantastic. Quite similar to Stiga Mantra S so I didn’t have to change anything. It’ll be interesting to get some feedback from the coach when our proper training sessions starts this coming week.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
2,1mm. It works amazing for shots that has been problematic before like the forehand short game / serve receives. The loop took a few hours to adjust but I’m still struggling with flat shots like drives (quite a few going long) and smashes (putting quite a few in the net).

The backhand is fantastic. Quite similar to Stiga Mantra S so I didn’t have to change anything. It’ll be interesting to get some feedback from the coach when our proper training sessions starts this coming week.

Interesting almost identical to me in terms of what seems good and whats trickier. Im off to practice this afternoon so hopefully can make some more progress. :)