Kenta matsudaira alc

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
can anyone make a review of this ALC blade? I'm interested in, but there aren't much info on the internet...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Thank you ttpshot for the infos, but if it is as timo boll ALC, why it costs a bit more?

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Butterfly always seems to charge more for blades released more recently. It is a maketing strategy and they have done it for many years. It is not based on manufacturing costs. Almost certainly all their ALC blades are made at the same place and the handle caps are machine made. Also the cost of the blade is probably not related to what they pay the player. Butterfly charges more for this blade because apparently people are willing to pay it. Don't need to look any deeper than that.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
I agree with you Baal, but it seems that butterfly produces the best blades (many pro players use viscaria for example)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Matti, you also should know, Butterfly likes to replicate their success.

1) Viscaria
2) TB Spirit
3) TB ALC
4) ZJK ALC
5) Kenta

Are all very close to identical. The main differences are the handles. Aside from the handle, they are more the same than different. And you could also ask why the TB ALC is more expensive than the TBS: at one point TB ALC was the newer blade. [emoji2] Well, it still is newer than the Spirit. But it is no longer "new". Or why the ZJK costs more than a Viscaria when ZJK clearly does not use the ZJK ALC? [emoji2]

Here is a valuable video on the subject:

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Thank you very much for your advice upsidedowncarl, the video is very interesting and it is very clear!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thank you very much for your advice upsidedowncarl, the video is very interesting and it is very clear!

As long as you know the video is a joke, there are some things in there that are funny and not too far off. But most of it is just joking around from Greg Letts to make fun of Butterfly's prices and marketing.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Yes, I understand that's a joke but it show us that butterfly products are overpriced and that's true although butterfly products are good

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I use a Viscaria myself, for ten years now. I like their blades. But you asked a question and I answered it (why a Matsudaira blade costs more than a Viscaria or a TB-ALC).

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
With the expected lift on restrictions on the blade materials composition at the next Worlds, I'm scared to see the price of all carbon blade made by Butterfly.

Well butterfly knows that people who buy their stuffs are people who have money and hobby to buy the equipments. They need money to fuel these sponsored equipments they're giving to players and at the same time they're looking to keep on increasing their profit annually