I saw photos and Kenta is propably Koto
kenta_matsudaira_alc_fl_butterfly_table_tennis_racket_1459850470_b7c3c34f.JPG

kenta_matsudaira_alc_fl_butterfly_table_tennis_racket_1459850471_bf45254d.JPG

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
the best blocking blade ever, but this is funny history, Kenta used his personal blade in 2013 wttc when he won with Ma lin, for me this is more custom blade from Butterfly so if we consider price of Yoshimura limited ZLC, we can find something special in Kenta Matsudaira ALC.
Kenta Matsudaira is harder and slower than Viscaria, TB ALC or even Spirit.
Maybe gluing process is different?Maybe core is ayous and not kiri? The handle is empty= extra flex in topspin but is very stable in block. the trajectory is high but ball is landing very fast.
Spirit is the stiffest.
TB ALC has the hardest kiri core but the most universal.
Viscaria is the flexiest

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
the best blocking blade ever, but this is funny history, Kenta used his personal blade in 2013 wttc when he won with Ma lin, for me this is more custom blade from Butterfly so if we consider price of Yoshimura limited ZLC, we can find something special in Kenta Matsudaira ALC.
Kenta Matsudaira is harder and slower than Viscaria, TB ALC or even Spirit.
Maybe gluing process is different?Maybe core is ayous and not kiri? The handle is empty= extra flex in topspin but is very stable in block. the trajectory is high but ball is landing very fast.
Spirit is the stiffest.
TB ALC has the hardest kiri core but the most universal.
Viscaria is the flexiest

Is that from trying one of each? If it is, I would question your observations.

I am pretty sure that if you had 20 of each, all of different weights, the ones that weighed closest to the same would feel more alike than the different blade models.

So a 90 gram Viscaria, TBS, TB ALC and Kenta would likely feel closer to each other than a 90 gram Kenta would feel in comparison to a 83 gram Kenta.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
yes and no.
michel schneider, ex butterfly maestro, said something like if you have the same composition different handle or different headsize- this is not the same blade.
You have your rights, I find something different in these all butterfly alc blades, but I know marketing is very important and I don't care...