says 2010/11 British League Premier Division Champions &...
Jan 2011
Paul Drinkhall – Modest, likeable and sporting, but also a huge competitor respected around the world (not many players beat the Chinese in their own back garden – Paul won the China Open Under-21 title, June 2009) and regarded as England’s best medal prospect for the London 2012 Olympics.

At the age of 16, Paul became England’s youngest Number 1 for 20 years (a position he has held ever since). Paul has won numerous titles during his short career including 33 National titles, 3 European Youth Junior titles and more recently a memorable silver medal in the Commonwealth Games team event.

And why did Paul join Barrow TTC?

“I believe the team we will have next year can win the Premier division, but also the team are all friends and I think it will be a great atmosphere. The weekends away will be fun and that is very important.”

You can read more about Paul Drinkhall by clicking here.

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
how do you think he will do in Beijing?

Jan 2011
With a year and a half to go it is difficult to gauge how much Paul will improve. What is known is that he will need to improve a lot over the time available. This is totally feasible and can be illustrated by Patrick Baum’s rapid rise up the rankings.

Hopefully Paul will gain a big advantage from a packed partisan crowd. Bigger than that, should Paul not be seeded, will be the luck of the draw (if he got the number 1 seed first round, it would be pretty tough progressing).

Paul is still young and looking at recent top Europeans we know table tennis players can have long careers. Personally, I think it will be a massive achievement if Paul got to the quarter-finals. This will provide him with great experience and a good basis for future Olympic Games when he will be a stronger, more experienced, mentally tougher and generally a better all-round player.

Without a doubt, the success of Paul and other England players at the Olympics will have a massive impact on the future of table tennis (in England) for the four years following the Olympics.

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
i think paul will get a hard first match but it may be just be but when watching him i think he just needs refining hes game