[Question] I need to choose an appropriate paddle

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Don't by killerspin or stiga premade paddles they are overpriced and not real table tennis paddles

you can go to colestt.com and order a combo like this

Blade: (Galaxy 896), Blade Handle: (Flared), Black Rubber: (Dawei 2008XP), Black Rubber Thickness: (2.1), Red Rubber: (Dawei 2008XP), Red Rubber Thickness: (2.1)

This should suit you just fine ... and if you ever get serious about the sport it will still have enough stuff in it for you to learn basics from a coach ...

Dear all,

I have just learned playing table tennis and I want to find a good paddle to play. Budget about $70. I have read some online articles but I can not decide to buy which one. Please suggest to me. I am considering Killerspin and Stiga. I have read some articles below:

https://www.pingpoolshark.com/ping-pong-paddle-for-defense/
https://www.pingpoolshark.com/best-ping-pong-paddle/

Please support me. Thank all in advance!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
If they don't have it in stock you can try calling them or emailing them with the same background that you posted here and ask for a budget setup .. they are based out of US and they should help you out ..
Thank you so much. I will consider your suggestion

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Don't by killerspin or stiga premade paddles they are overpriced and not real table tennis paddles

you can go to colestt.com and order a combo like this

Blade: (Galaxy 896), Blade Handle: (Flared), Black Rubber: (Dawei 2008XP), Black Rubber Thickness: (2.1), Red Rubber: (Dawei 2008XP), Red Rubber Thickness: (2.1)

This should suit you just fine ... and if you ever get serious about the sport it will still have enough stuff in it for you to learn basics from a coach ...

Hey guy, how about DHS or Butterfly

says what [IMG]
Listen to ttmonster.

Don't get something too fast. Nothing with carbon. ttmonster suggested a pretty good setup for a beginner.

The setup I'm running with now (Stiga Allround Evolution with 729 FX on both sides) was a result of low budget and about 1.5 years of experience with premade rackets. You will improve faster if you buy a proper setup right from the get-go. Something pretty sticky and not too fast that will let you develop your technique, and usually be pretty cheap too.

Salesmen will want you to buy DHS or Butterfly and Carbon rackets because they can be expensive, but don't listen to them. :p

says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
Sep 2016
if you just started to play, no need to buy expensive equipment until you have all the basic and develop your own style, and decide what style you like, then you choose a better equipment. You can now use Galaxy T-11 and use Chinese rubber 729-08, the Chinese rubber is very good for beginner and non-beginner, good control , last long and not expensive. This rubber suitable for all styles. But it is a bit heavy. The T-11 racket is very light so using Chinese rubbers will be ok.
If you don,t like Chinese rubber, try Tibhar MX-S

Dear all,

I have just learned playing table tennis and I want to find a good paddle to play. Budget about $70. I have read some online articles but I can not decide to buy which one. Please suggest to me. I am considering Killerspin and Stiga. I have read some articles below:

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
I would recommend the Stiga Pro Carbon or the Killerspin Jet 200 as good options for best table tennis paddles. The Stiga Pro Carbon boasts an integrated carbon fiber blade and high performance ratings, making it a great choice for players looking for speed and spin. However, it's important to note that its rubbers are non-ITTF-approved and are permanently glued to the blade.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Dear all,

If it's possible to slightly exceed the small budget, this combination is not bad. For the blade, use the Donic Persson Powerplay. As a beginner, I think using an all-wood blade is the best option. For the rubber, you can use the Tibhar Quantum X, which I just saw on sale. I suggest using 2.1mm thickness for both forehand and backhand.

Attachments

• C6F1E1AE-B844-458C-8D69-3152206BD09D.jpeg
    C6F1E1AE-B844-458C-8D69-3152206BD09D.jpeg
    590.2 KB · Views: 73
  • E7322820-ABDA-4F26-AA71-9AB7CF9A143A.jpeg
    E7322820-ABDA-4F26-AA71-9AB7CF9A143A.jpeg
    296.5 KB · Views: 73
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
If it's possible to slightly exceed the small budget, this combination is not bad. For the blade, use the Donic Persson Powerplay. As a beginner, I think using an all-wood blade is the best option. For the rubber, you can use the Tibhar Quantum X, which I just saw on sale. I suggest using 2.1mm thickness for both forehand and backhand.
I hope you're aware that you are replying to a comment made like 5 years ago. Also I don't think the Quantum X series is very beginner friendly, they are pretty fast. But the combo is indeed a good deal