Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey all,

Here's our latest review on the hotly anticipated andro Rasanter R and V series! The Rasanter is using a the all new 2.3mm sponge in comparison to the previous powergrip and Turbo which has a 2.1mm sponge. Andro have managed to increase the sponge size by thinning the topsheet, this allows the plastic ball to absorb through the topsheet into the sponge quicker.

You have a lot to choose from the Rasanter with the R series coming in 4 sponge hardnesses, 37 degrees, 42 degrees, 47 degrees and 50 degrees. The V series comes in 2 sponge hardnesses, 42 and 47 degrees. The R and V series differ due to the pimple structure with the V having shorter and thinner pimples.

Watch our full video review below.

For a more detailed review on the Rasanter visit the TTD review Center.

Have you, or do you use these rubbers? What do you think of them?

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Hat of, I think your reviews are getting better and better; especially in how you anchor it to existing equipment.

Still, I had to chuckle a bit. Playing with it myself, I happen to have some idea on how it affects gameplay; the remarkably good things mentioned in the review about blocks (and counter hitting) sound eerily familiar. It's a gem, that Treiber K — except that you seem to be using the Treiber G (with glassfiber instead of ALC) as the frame carrying the R37. Wonder if that helped in the visible change of throw angle and the need to adapt angles stemming from that too.

The curious mind wanting to know, of course... I've played with Rasanter R42 and R/V47 and R50 too. The R42 felt very, very kin to the Rasant Grip I was using back then. I think that member of the Rasant families of yore was the strongest of the bunch, and my experiences have led me to think of Rasanter as the logical descendant of Rasant Grip first and foremost. Those using that will not be disappointed by R42, or R47 when stepping up a bit.

That being said, I wouldn't mind a little thought experiment. Say, you were challenged with the task of lifting a heavy, heavy backspin ball returned by an LP chopper with MX-P, T05, Bluestorm, Rasanter R47, Rozena, EL-S — would that be a "meh, same thing, different vendor" or would there be vast differences?

Last edited:
Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I think at Dan's level it would not really matter as long as he reads it is heavy heavy backspin ... even though my level is significantly below Dan's I will tell you my experience with a chopper , 2-3 years back we had a chopper in our club who was ready to help every body practice and he could chop really heavy with short pips and those were celluloid days... after a while I found out that its the touch and technique that really matters , once you figure that part out , the rubber and other things hardly matter ... like wise I have seen people around USATT 2400 and above , the spin in their loops is still too heavy to block at our level even when they are using Mark V on their forehand ... and Der_echte can tell you , in drills my blocks are at least 200 points above my playing level ...
Hat of, I think your reviews are getting better and better; especially in how you anchor it to existing equipment.

Still, I had to chuckle a bit. Playing with it myself, I happen to have some idea on how it affects gameplay; the remarkably good things mentioned in the review about blocks (and counter hitting) sound eerily familiar. It's a gem, that Treiber K — except that you seem to be using the Treiber Z (with hinoki outer layers instead of koto) as the frame carrying the R37. Wonder if that helped in the visible change of throw angle and the need to adapt angles stemming from that too.

The curious mind wanting to know, of course... I've played with Rasanter R42 and R/V47 and R50 too. The R42 felt very, very kin to the Rasant Grip I was using back then. I think that member of the Rasant families of yore was the strongest of the bunch, and my experiences have led me to think of Rasanter as the logical descendant of Rasant Grip first and foremost. Those using that will not be disappointed by R42, or R47 when stepping up a bit.

That being said, I wouldn't mind a little thought experiment. Say, you were challenged with the task of lifting a heavy, heavy backspin ball returned by an LP chopper with MX-P, T05, Bluestorm, Rasanter R47, Rozena, EL-S — would that be a "meh, same thing, different vendor" or would there be vast differences?

Reactions: Suga D
says [IMG]
Nice review guys, thanks!

I always watch your reviews, but this time the gameplay of both Tom and you, seem a bit off. It looks like it's less solid or less confident. Perhaps it's just me ;)

I'm not a fan of Rasant(er) and this video-review did not convince me either. The grippy surface seems pretty sensitive to incoming spin, which makes the rubber a bit "jumpy".