andro Rasanter R and V rubber series review

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Comparison

Hey all,

Here's our latest review on the hotly anticipated andro Rasanter R and V series! The Rasanter is using a the all new 2.3mm sponge in comparison to the previous powergrip and Turbo which has a 2.1mm sponge. Andro have managed to increase the sponge size by thinning the topsheet, this allows the plastic ball to absorb through the topsheet into the sponge quicker.

You have a lot to choose from the Rasanter with the R series coming in 4 sponge hardnesses, 37 degrees, 42 degrees, 47 degrees and 50 degrees. The V series comes in 2 sponge hardnesses, 42 and 47 degrees. The R and V series differ due to the pimple structure with the V having shorter and thinner pimples.

Watch our full video review below.

For a more detailed review on the Rasanter visit the TTD review Center.

Have you, or do you use these rubbers? What do you think of them?

Hi Dan,

I have been using Rasant Grip for some time now but as it's fading out which version of Rasanter R do you think is the closest (but hopefully better) R series? From your review I am guessing at 42 but would like your opinion before I buy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Review of the V42 red 2.0
(glued on a Tibhar Samsonov Pure Wood of 87g, fairly stiff 5 plis all wood with koto outer plies)

raz00.jpgraz1.jpgraz3.jpg

With A Vega Pro glued on the other side, I think I can draw a relatively objective comparaison between those two.

Throw angle : VP > V42
Dynamism : V42 > VP
Speed : V42 > VP
Spin : VP = V42
Power : VP > V42
Hardness feel : VP > V42
Grip : VP = V42
Sensibility to humidity: VP = V42

It took about a hour to break in, and i really liked it on my BH. It's a pretty fast and spinny rubber. It's dynamic but it still feels hard enough to produce quality blocks. It doesn't feel too hard but not soft or mushy either. Really medium hardness feel IMO.

My sparring partner told my that he never seen me produce such nasty balls with my backhand before ! The controll was still very good tho.

When I tried it, the weather was very wet and the grip was still flawless.

All in all, a truely fantastic rubber. I highly recommend.

Last edited:
Reactions: shat1478 and Tuppe
This user has no status.
Hello, there are few words about R47 and little comparation with Hexer series.

Today I focus on the flagship of Andro - Rasanter R47. Generally, the launch of the Rasanter line made a big fuss. Perhaps the most of brands were looking for (and certainly still are looking for) the answer to the change to plastic balls. In Andro it was the development of the Rasanter series which was launched for sale around mid-2017 and was supposed to replace the previous Rasant series. Now it is not a hot news, but rather a classic, but I personally was very interested in looking at the comparison with the newer Hexer series. Back to the Rasanters - they come with a new concept (for cell free balls) thicker sponges and a thinner topsheet rubber. The topsheet has only 1.7 mm and the sponge could be up to 2.3 mm thick = ultramax. In an effort to maintain the overall thickness of the rubber, the player should be given more energy and speed. The series is divided into two V (Velocity) branches, focusing on the velocity and flatter curve of the ball, and R (Rotation), focused on rotation and a more arc. The sponge remains the same, it differs only in the chosen hardness. The upper rubber differs in pimple geometry for R and V. In total there are 6 different variants in the series.
R47.jpg
Classic packaging, variations are nicely colored, typical green color dominates. My red square with ultramax sponge weights 71 grams. Compared to Hexer Powergrip 2.1 with the same sponge hardness, the weight is just one gram higher. Even in this case the ultramax concept seems to play a role - the rubber is generally stronger, but the heavier rubber on the topsheet is minimized. I put the rubber on andro Treiber FI using TSP Bio Fix. Generally, the sheet rubber looks a little different from the Hexers, where it is a little bit shinier, softer, and more adhesive. This is "drier" and tougher.

While the first moments of play there was no extreme surprise, the rubber played quite pleasantly. Its arc is lower and flatter than Powergrips one. In a stronger topspin game, the rubber will comfortably hold the ball and send it with a spin really low over the net. Initially it was uncomfortable also for me and myself, because I was already sure that the ball would fall into the net, but to my surprise, it flies to the opponents side clearly.

Spin
The rubber has a tougher impression on touch, so if you want a spin you have to “go for it”. With Hexer it is possible to play strikes more freely, higher spinny balls in standard effort have enough spin, with Rasanter it is necessary to play more in the ball, more forcefully. It means more effort, but in general it helps you to put more pressure on opponents and end rally quicker. It certainly depends on the technique and the style of the game. Hexers allow me to play more safely and prepare the ball better, Rasanter is stronger, stricter and more punishing inaccuracies (both the opponents and the players himself).

Speed
The R47 suits an aggressive game in which you play every ball on the full effort. Sometimes it may mean going to a greater risk, but overally I had the impression that some more "playing around" and "trying any trickshots" wasn't paying off. At the table, the rubber will serve greatly to open the topspin to the chop or to play prepared block too. With the R47 I didn't have to worry about going further from the table, playing from medium distance is absolutely no problem. On the contrary, it is once again confirmed that if you play contratopspins (which are almost never played softly) the rubber works really excellent.
In general, I found (not surprisingly) R47 in ultramax faster than Powergrip 2.1.

Control
Control is always quite a subjective characteristic. I'll repeat again – the control comes with activity. The rubber is more demanding on good technique, good footwork and overall skills. Interestingly, for a short game over the table, short game, chops works really well thanks to tougher upper rubber. You play these strokes without a need to sink the ball into a sponge, the catapult is suppressed, and no kicking and bouncing takes place. The problem is with those last-minute blocks when you play just in a reflexive movement and hope to return the ball somehow. The rubber wasn't forgiving much and the ball was occasionally catapulted further than I wanted. This should be probably better after more hours of play and more getting used to it.

Overall impression
I really see the R47 as the flagship of andro and probably also of the Rasanter series. This is confirmed by its frequent use of the pro players of this brand. This offensive cover is built on a very active (even aggressive) game. Compared to Hexers, the rubber does not forgive too much and one might say that it is more dangerous (whether the player or the competitor is always on the player's skills). This corresponds to the intention of andro to create two partially different series in which everyone, according to their best consciousness, conscience and skills, finds a suitable variant.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tuppe
This user has no status.
Hello,

I was planning to write just a few words for next Sportspin review, but I'm sending almost a novel again...

After a more comprehensive review of the R47 Rasanter, let's look at a quick comparison of the R47 and the R50. We move from High to Pro level of play, depending on Andro scale. Is the difference so obvious?R50.jpg

The package is of course the same as the R47 and all other variants of this series. The only difference is the combination of colors - the significant green is combined with bright yellow. The unpacked red square with the ultramax sponge weighs 72 grams, which is just a gram of difference from the previous R47 square. Feeling is a little bit more tough when pressed with finger. I used the rubber on the main bat - Treiber FI, again with TSP Bio Fix. The other side of the bat has the same rubber.

When playing, the cover behaved quite similar to its softer variant. The only major difference was the noticeably lower arc. It was necessary to get used to this feature for a while, but it is just small angle corrections that need to be done after getting to know the rubber.

The spin potential of the rubber is similar to that of R47. For me personally (I do not belong to the aforementioned Pro category) I would say that I played the opening spin close to the table with a little more effort, but the correctly played ball flies where I wanted with enough rotation. Contrary, spin further away from the table where the player can play with a bigger straps and more aggresively I would evaluate the R50 as better and more accurate. It also seems logical to me - countertopspin strikes and counterdrives in general, means that the ball comes with a rotation from the opponent, the rubber with a lower and more direct arc will play more safely. It also makes sense that the R50 has become a weapon of top players like Simon Gauzy or Kilian Ort. The matches at their level are not usually about the first stroke, but about getting the opponent under pressure in longer rallys, which the rubber do excellently.

The speed of the rubber is always a bit of a controversial category (as well as control). In a straight and topspin game, the R50 did not seem to be much faster than the R47. With a lower arc it is necessary to expect that the trajectory of the ball is a little longer. Even so, this seems to me rather as a question of different trajectory, not about speed. Passive game - chops and pushes seems quite similar to me. R50 is simply an offensive cover, so you can fully feel its potential in an active play. Again, this has a connection with a category of control which always will be individual. For example, control in blocks is absolutely insane with this harder variant, the rubber does not have a enormous catapult, so it is necessary to "actively play" a little more with your hand.R50_pred.jpg

Overall, the R50 seems really close to its 47° variant with slightly different pros and cons. If someone is used to play with the R47 and might like to try something new without much experimentation, it may be an interesting rubber for him. People could be little bit worries because of lack of confidence (or just fear of the manufacturer's top pyramid performance placement) and that would be pitty.

Thank you.

Reactions: KM1976