upgrade rubber or train more?

This user has no status.
i m now using timoboll spirit blade with omega 4 asia rubber on fh.b4 xiom omega 4 asia rubber i played many rubbers such as evolution mxp mxs tenergy 05 omega v asia pro as for more power and spin.but not fit me with them.i didnt like the feeling of them and not satified the speed on brush looping.the speed is fast while open brushing looping with omega 4 asia .i cant feel the other rubber is fast when brush looping.what i do if i wanna win the higher level than me .changing rubber or training hard?what type of rubber can fit for me?my playing style is 3rd ball brush looping .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 4 reviews
you could try dhs hurricane 3 neo (for trying, I would go for commercial version) on forehand and dhs skyline 3-60 on backhand; it's something completely different than what you have, but it's ideal for brush looping

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Stay with omega IV Asia (you can try Hurricane on FH) and train, train and train.
For proper training you will find a lot of information here and on other sites and videos.
If you want help with your technique, record yourself playing and/or training and upload it in a new topic.

Reactions: sanavasaraja
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
i m now using timoboll spirit blade with omega 4 asia rubber on fh.b4 xiom omega 4 asia rubber i played many rubbers such as evolution mxp mxs tenergy 05 omega v asia pro as for more power and spin.but not fit me with them.i didnt like the feeling of them and not satified the speed on brush looping.the speed is fast while open brushing looping with omega 4 asia .i cant feel the other rubber is fast when brush looping.what i do if i wanna win the higher level than me .changing rubber or training hard?what type of rubber can fit for me?my playing style is 3rd ball brush looping .

Train more is never a mistake.

So even though i would agree that more training can never be wrong, i would have to say that training headlessly probably won't give you the results you're looking for, so training efficiently probably will do more for you here.

Because it sounds to me as if the armspeed is the real issue here, but with no video it's nothing but another assumption.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If MXP and Tenergy feel slow, I would definitely say working on technique is a good idea. And I would agree with the comments which indicate that training and working on technique and fundamentals are generally a good idea.

Also, that intelligent, effective training is worthwhile and training too much when your methods for training are not useful can be detrimental to your development of skillz.

In truth, it is often fine to explore new equipment and do a little harmless EJing. But to think that changing equipment randomly can improve your level is a bit misguided.

Sorting out what rubbers (and blade) will be the best setup for you improving your technique, would be the best thing for your improvement. But, often, what people want to use and what they should use, is not the same thing. And when the technique is high enough level, what you use stops seeming as important in a certain way because you know you can use anything. And then you can choose to use whatever makes you happy.

But, in a certain way, using whatever makes you happy is always fine.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
If MXP and Tenergy feel slow, I would definitely say working on technique is a good idea. And I would agree with the comments which indicate that training and working on technique and fundamentals are generally a good idea.

Also, that intelligent, effective training is worthwhile and training too much when your methods for training are not useful can be detrimental to your development of skillz.

In truth, it is often fine to explore new equipment and do a little harmless EJing. But to think that changing equipment randomly can improve your level is a bit misguided.

Sorting out what rubbers (and blade) will be the best setup for you improving your technique, would be the best thing for your improvement. But, often, what people want to use and what they should use, is not the same thing. And when the technique is high enough level, what you use stops seeming as important in a certain way because you know you can use anything. And then you can choose to use whatever makes you happy.

But, in a certain way, using whatever makes you happy is always fine.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

why mxp and 05 slow on brush loop compare to omega 4 asia ?. I like brush loop with h3 neo with booster. i m now ok with omega 4 asia to lower level player than me.but i wanna upgrade my level to beat higher player and so should change to h3 neo. ?and is h3 neo better than omega 4 asia.?

This user has no status.
Train more is never a mistake.

I see what you're saying, but to be splitting hairs: Don't overtrain. It happens more easily than most people think. I personally can't play every day. After a week of 40h work AND table tennis I personally feel physically extremely low energy (and strain on my ankles) and mentally I will lose a big deal of the passion for the sport. My schedule is 4/7 days currently.

Reactions: BeGo and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 4 reviews
if your wallet allows it, you can try finding out what equipment suits you best. If you really want to win more, you should focus on exactly that; winning. For example, you can compose a blade to be able to beautifully loop from far back, but that might not make you win more matches cause other parts of your game might struggle. I think you should pick something you enjoy playing with and that makes you score more points. Think things like...better block, better serve, better serve receive, better short game, better rallying skills, better point ending skills,... It's a bit hard answering this without knowing how you play and what level you are, but you might figure it out for yourself. It's always better if you can figure it out yourself; you'll understand things better.

Training more is also a good option, even a better one. The best option would be to do both like said by others. Train with players around your level, better and worse than yourself, play matches, find one or more good coaches, play a lot, but make sure your mind and body can handle it.

I hope you get something out of this, good luck!

Reactions: zaw thwe
Its probably a good idea for you to work on your footwork and technique before making a switch of equipment.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Yep i try this rubber with booster once and liked this .but when booster effect gone out it is dead.booster is expensive so i though for try h3 neo commercial version.
If u don't like dead feeling of hurricanes and don't like too bouncy rubbers, u could try stiga Genesis which is not too bouncy nor dead

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews

Hey, looks as if my assumption was completely wrong. The armspeed doesn't seem to be the issue at all.
Thanks for posting the vid.
:)
Some nice counter looping at the table.
[Emoji106]
Certainly you could try out H3NEO. But keep in mind that you might need to boost it, to make it really shine.
But in your case i would try to find a coach that can help you find your weak spots and work on them but also make the things you're already doing good even better at the same time.
Equipment (change) can never fix things and certainly can't make you win vs. higher ranked players
[remember: there are no shortcuts!], it only can give you the confidence to rely on, especially in critical match situations.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl