My thoughts on Rozena

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Seems like rozena is very similar to tenergy 25 and brice high speed.
I read a comment that zhu yuling is using it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
less spin than t05, check
less speed than t05, check
lower throw than t05, check
better short game than t05, check
better serves than t05, check
easier to block than t05, check

they seem pretty similar.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
less speed than t05, check

According to Butterfly´s own rating system, both tenergy 25 and Bryce High Speed are faster than t05, and while give or take a little doesn´t matter, everything in the list could be said about a lot of other rubbers as well.

Of course, with spring sponge and all Rozena should have some resemblance to the tenergy series.

But it´s more than a mile off from Bryce High Speed with its concept of ultra thin top sheet and no spring sponge.

Maybe we can agree on that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
so seems like you think they are different, but you are not sure why.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
It looks liek Zhu Yuling was using Rozena vs Liu Shiwen in the WTTC

Maybe we're not good enough to realise its full potential?

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
Rozena seems to bring nothing special at all ! Its just a product created to try to sell more from Butterfly, trying to reach those that think Tenergy is too expensive but still want the Butterfly badge.
Its like the Butterfly Roundell , a guy from our club has 2 of those, nothing wrong with them but they bring nothing special at all.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Rozena seems to bring nothing special at all ! Its just a product created to try to sell more from Butterfly, trying to reach those that think Tenergy is too expensive but still want the Butterfly badge.
Its like the Butterfly Roundell , a guy from our club has 2 of those, nothing wrong with them but they bring nothing special at all.

There's something special about it and it's the spring sponge feel. Butterfly's idea is to sell rozena for people who feel tenergy is still too fast or spinny for them but like the tenergy feel and I think rozena ticks these boxes down. I do feel rozena would be awesome if it has a tad more spin but it probably won't feel as good for blocking or short return because it will be more spin sensitive like tenergy 05

Reactions: Kaiwen and yoass
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Is the lifespan of the rubber comparable to 05 and 64? I think now is a good time to ask this question as the rubber has been out for a few months.

A friend of mine has been playing it since its introduction.

His sheets still play fine and show little wear on the surface, but Rozena is a bit more brittle than most others. He lost a few pieces after slight mishaps that impact other rubbers less, but tore small shreds off his Rozenas. So his edges got mangled. Esthetically unpleasant, but plays just as well.

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
I've used Rozena since August. I haven't torn any pieces out of my edge yet, but I have 12mm edge tape so that may be part of the reason. So far as wear goes, as Yoass says there is very little sign of surface wear - also the rubber doesn't pick up finger grease staining anywhere near so readily as Rhyzm, Evolution or Aurus did, so if you look at my bat now five months down the line it isn't immediately obvious which is my backhand side and which is my forehand.

It isn't particularly easy to generate spin on services with Rozena, your contact has to be "just so"; OK, if I play with a DHS D40+ ball I can get backspin services to bounce twice on the opponent's side but I think that says more about the ball than anything else ! However on firmer shots where you are compressing the sponge there is bags of spin available, and with a TB ALC behind it harder shots do tend to travel like the proverbial off a shovel :cool:

Reactions: anchorschmidt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
I've used Rozena since August. I haven't torn any pieces out of my edge yet, but I have 12mm edge tape so that may be part of the reason. So far as wear goes, as Yoass says there is very little sign of surface wear - also the rubber doesn't pick up finger grease staining anywhere near so readily as Rhyzm, Evolution or Aurus did, so if you look at my bat now five months down the line it isn't immediately obvious which is my backhand side and which is my forehand.

It isn't particularly easy to generate spin on services with Rozena, your contact has to be "just so"; OK, if I play with a DHS D40+ ball I can get backspin services to bounce twice on the opponent's side but I think that says more about the ball than anything else ! However on firmer shots where you are compressing the sponge there is bags of spin available, and with a TB ALC behind it harder shots do tend to travel like the proverbial off a shovel :cool:

What is your level and how would you rate the control of the ALC+Rozena combo? Is it bouncy and hard to play in short game or a lot easier than with Tenergy for example?

And how much do the 1.9 and 2.1 differ? Just a bit less bouncy or other characteristics?
Thanks! :)

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
What is your level and how would you rate the control of the ALC+Rozena combo? Is it bouncy and hard to play in short game or a lot easier than with Tenergy for example?

And how much do the 1.9 and 2.1 differ? Just a bit less bouncy or other characteristics?
Thanks! :)

My level is local league, lower divisions (age, and 30+ years away from table tennis have seen to that.) I went for this combination because my previous Evolution setup was hard to control in the short game - Paul Drinkhall I am not. With the Rozena I still make the occasional error in the short game, but far fewer that I was making previously, so my control is definitely much better. I haven't played with Tenergy yet - that's the next stop on my EJ train.

As a left-hander playing mostly doubles, my backhand is now far stronger than my forehand and I find that using 1.9 on the backhand side stops me from over-hitting whereas 2.1 on the forehand makes up a little for my power deficiency. I don't think there is any difference other than speed, or I am not at a high enough level to notice it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
I tried Tenergy once, it was super fun to play with, liked the feeling and made some amazing shots but it was just too hard to control in short game for me. I switched to H3N and like this one a lot better. I still have not found my perfect backhand rubber, I play with TG3-60 atm but I don't find it very forgiving in the topspin game, pushing is fine though. I want something that is more forgivable in the topspin game without being super spin sensitive like Tenergy. I think a bit more catapult would be better for my game on the BH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
I tried Tenergy once, it was super fun to play with, liked the feeling and made some amazing shots but it was just too hard to control in short game for me. I switched to H3N and like this one a lot better. I still have not found my perfect backhand rubber, I play with TG3-60 atm but I don't find it very forgiving in the topspin game, pushing is fine though. I want something that is more forgivable in the topspin game without being super spin sensitive like Tenergy. I think a bit more catapult would be better for my game on the BH.

I'm very happy with the Tibhar Aurus on my backhand. My backhand topspins are getting more and more constistant with it. I play it in 1.9mm.