My thoughts on Rozena

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
In my journey up the divisions, I used to win many points with high spin loops that the opponent blocked long. However, once I reached the top division, which is a big jump in standard from Div Two, those guys aren't bothered by spin at all. They can block or re-loop any amount of spin I can put on the plastic ball. Granted, with T05 and MX-P if I hit the ball perfectly I can maybe catch them off guard with the spin to win a point, but it is much more rare. Points at this level are one by 1. Being more consistent and keeping it on the table longer 2. Placement to put the ball where they can't reach it or into the body 3. Spin one to get a higher ball back and flat hit it (much harder to return than a spinny loop). So if Rozena helps me achieve these three goals better than MX-P, it is probably a better rubber for me.

These are my experiences based on playing in my particular local leagues, so it is opinion to further discussion and not fact ; )

Reactions: Suga D and yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
I'm just looking for a rubber for my weak BH that blocks, flicks, pushes and hits well but also puts enough pressure on oponent during blocking. topspin on BH is weak.

I tried T64 2.1 but it's a little to fast for me.
1st option is to go to 1.7mm
other option is hammond pro beta.
I was wondering if rozena would also be an good option?

This user has no status.
i play it on my backhand and its defo helped me improve it a bit. Plenty fast to put opponent under pressure with blocks, which is still my main use for the backhand, not very sensitive to incoming spin which helps and a decently high arc which i think helps with the opening topspin. Find yogi's review to be very accurate tbh.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Yogi bear mentions it needsa stiff blade

I play all wood 5 plyblades in all+ range. Currently testing andro temper tech all+, osp expert all+and an old surbek which is in between those 2 (my feeling). Not too many peoplewill know this blade (amazing feeling but quite small/short grip. I meanwhilehave 3 of these).
The tempertech is thestiffest and blocks well but it is 70grams. If I combine with light rubbers, itgets too light (blade + Hammond PB + tenergy 05fx = 153grams). Maybe put dhstg2 of h3neo on it may add some grams…
The OSP is good but haveonly played 2 times with it for 15 minutes. Very flexible.
The surbek I have beenplaying with for years.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
What are some alternatives to Rozena? I'd assume rubbers in the line of Vega Pro, Rakza 7, etc, but aren't those considered alternatives to Tenergy whereas Rozena is a "step down"?

Thinking about playing Rozena on both sides of a Korbel, but Im reading a lot of "mediocre" comments.

What are some alternatives to Rozena? I'd assume rubbers in the line of Vega Pro, Rakza 7, etc, but aren't those considered alternatives to Tenergy whereas Rozena is a "step down"?

Thinking about playing Rozena on both sides of a Korbel, but Im reading a lot of "mediocre" comments.

I couldn't get what exactly you are asking for.

For a T05 player Rozena would be mediocre, and for a beginner developing to intermediate it would be a step-up.
If for someone Rozena is mediocre, all its substitute alternatives would be mediocre too.
You have to define style, level, and equipment history.

This is me. Been playing with a Yasaka Extra with Mark V for a few years now and looking to step-up. Have a Korbel and kind of undecided on rubbers.

Rozena will be a step-up, but you may find this step-up too small.
T05fx is a bigger step-up option.
Later on you may change the blade with a faster one too, but after you get used to the new rubbers.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I've played with Rozena for over a year. Prior to that, I used T05 and to me Rozena was a step-up in the sense that while keeping a lot of the good T05 things intact, it did so with additional confidence. As feelings go, Rozena and T05 felt clearly kin, but T05fx is a different thing altogether — and one I've tried, but failed even though really wanting trying, liking.

Reactions: Fedex78
This user has no status.
Dear yogi_bear

I'm a topspin player, on the backhand I attack the first ball in backspin with a loopdrive spin and the second ball with a "little smash" and movement of wrist. What do you advise me between rozena or mx-p on my Timo Boll ALC?

The rozena is well balanced on the bh. Good block and spin. Not so fast but not bad far from the table. I prefer it on the backhand. Your Timo Boll Alc will suit it well

This user has no status.
cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

weight: 70 grams uncut
hardness: medium soft
speed: off
spin: high

I bought the Rozena out of curiousity because it costs the same with mxp's and I got it with a discount. Initial observations are that the topsheet is more on grippy rather than slightly tacky and the sponge is a porous magenta like color sponge. It is on the heavy side at 70 grams uncut. I would say the Rozena is just an above average rubber. I expected more from it despite the price being in the level of the mxp or any other German rubber. I found the Rozena to have plenty of speed. In fact, it is very bouncy and fast. I would put it a few notches below the speed of the MXP but faster than the EL-S. More like a Bluefire M2 speed level. It has plenty of power and speed that it is excellent to smash and drive. Spind drive is ok because the Rozena requires you to hit through the sponge to produce more spin. Blocking is really good because the rubber is much easier to block compared to the Tenergy series rubbers. You need a bit of effort if you want more spin with the Rozena. There are rubbers that you do not need to compress the ball against the sponge that much just to produce spin. I used an Adidas Strikewood 7 all wood blade here for the test and the SW7 is not a soft wood but the Rozena seem to need a stiff blade maybe a carbon one like viscaria or tb alc? The Rozena gives a medium arc when looping but the spin seems to be much less if you compare it with Baracuda, Tibhar Genius or MX-P and these are older rubbers. To be fair, Rozena is excellent if your game is more on smash/drive or all around style where you need a rubber that is not too fast and not sensitive to incoming spin. If you push chop, do drop shots and flicks or block just to win points then the Rozena is good enough. Even beginners can use this rubber because if you place this in an all+ blade at 1.9mm thickness because it is not too hard to use. If you are an advanced player and you want to get more out of your rubber I would suggest sticking with Tenergy 05 or MX-P and other similar rubbers.
Supposed to be a introductory rubber to Tenergy and their Spring Sponge high tension products

Im currently using rozena on both sides on my viscaria and I’m more than happy with the rubber good control and very good spin but most impressed with the consistency. Will probably upgrade my FH in a year but on the BH that will stay more than good enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
i am not saying it is hard to produce spin, i am saying it takes effort to produce good spin, there is a difference between the 2. if you compare it with tenergy, the spin is much less. it is like a toned down tenergy 80 and it feels softer.

I feel the same, compare to Rakza 7, I dont know if it is because the rozena is on zjk alc and the rakza is on acoustic. This is from a beginner opinion.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
There was a dude in our club who bought Rosena, slapped it on his blade, and had the same complaints Yogi had about it.

I didn't even know what blade that dude had, I asked him to switch blades, I knew Rosena was a modern control rubber and knew I can spin with that type of rubber.

I wanted to show him that that rubber can spin it crazy and easy enough.

I asked that dude to give me the normal variety of balls - underspin long, deal or light topspin slow long (like a block, but he couldn't block my shots), he gave me a medium topspin...

In every one of those balls, on FH I took my normal stroke on the ball and spun the living daylights out of the ball blocked over the barriers.

I got a few medium loops to FH and blasted them short side of table down the line screaming.

Like any control rubber, you can hit hard and still land it, but you really have to hit it real hard to get that result... but the result with that class of rubber is higher percentage.

If you are a player who could benefit from a control class rubber a little softer than T05, Rosena may not be a bad option. It is not priced ridiculous high. It may the only rubber BTY sells that is anywhere close to natural market equilibrium.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
On my Tibhar Akkad, on BH, I use an old-school glue-era rubber with softer sponge (Nittaku Hammond) without any boosting or speed glue... last tourney my BH was simply smoking hot with that rubber and blade. Spin forever and if it was an inch high, speed loop city.

A control class rubber allows you to have a higher margin for error on power shots, it also makes it easier or more high percentage to spin it up... for a lot of our games, such a class of rubber and its potential consistency/quality is MUCH MORE suited for us than the macho-man rubbers...

... but it seems so many of the male table tennis world wanna be a macho man...