world championships - buy equipment

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
I know there are many booths from the popular brands.
have you seen any stuff in discount?

This user has no status.
i was there on thursday, there were quite some nice discounts, for example a donic waldner senso carbon for 39€, donic dicon for 24€...
good discount on nittaku rubbers too !
Yasaka Rakza7 or soft for 32€, yasaka extra offensive blade for 28 €, i would say about 25-30% discount

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
i was there on thursday, there were quite some nice discounts, for example a donic waldner senso carbon for 39€, donic dicon for 24€...
good discount on nittaku rubbers too !
Yasaka Rakza7 or soft for 32€, yasaka extra offensive blade for 28 €, i would say about 25-30% discount
Where?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
yeah i also bought a Waldner Senso Carbon JO Shape for 39, a Donic Ovtcharov True Carbon for my brother for 69, and some shorts and shirts for 10eur each :)

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
Dam,why not make the national stuff for commercial purposes ? :( <iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe"></iframe>

This user has no status.
Dam,why not make the national stuff for commercial purposes ? :( <iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe"></iframe>

Simple demand and supply mechanism in play here. If they increase the supply, the price should go down. This is because the exclusivity of the rubber is diminished, so they will be less people willing to fork out 100 pounds for 1 sheet which essentially cost way less than that to make. Sure, they can make it expensive but they cant make it too expensive less no one buys. In my opinion, if they do commercialize National blue sponge rubbers, the max they sell it is at the same price as Ternergy rubbers. Or at least somewhere around there.

Edited to include the following:
-Also, they might be a contract between CNT and DHS which prevents them from selling National stuff in large quantity. Table tennis is big in China, maybe there is some government interest to ensure the CNT continues to dominate the TT scene. With exclusive equipment being one way of doing so. Thus binding DHS's hand.

-Or it could be a pure financial reason. Maybe the cost and price range of H3 national goods are not in line with DHS's strategy and thus makes no sense to produce them in large quantities.

-Really there could be many reasons and unless DHS steps up and says why, we can't say for sure why they don't do this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lolman
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Dam,why not make the national stuff for commercial purposes ? :( <iframe title="Twitter analytics iframe" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen="true" style="padding: 0px; border: currentColor; border-image: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; display: none; visibility: hidden; position: absolute;" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

I think that´s exactly what they are doing. It´s just a very exclusive business model. I think Silentrain is partially right.
But these National and provincial Rubbers are widely available in China, but hardly exported
I can only speak from my knowledge.

There are 2nd Bundesliga Players that work in the r&d department of ESN and they could produce any kind of rubber with any kind of printing on it in very small batches. So these rubbers are only available if you know one of those dudes and hence more expensive than the commercial ones. IIRC TTDMember Airoc might have a story for us.
;)

Reactions: Lolman and bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I disagree with silentrain

Butterfly's market share is more than 50%, meaning all the other brands added together is smaller than butterfly
You can't put the increase volume, decrease price there.
But rather Butterfly has been increase pricing while increasing qty

the reason for "limited" national is due to strict quality control.
The best of the best are cut to national shape.
1 tier lower is provincial
then the lowest is regular commerical

Also blue sponge is also more difficult to get right

Also DHS has opened up to foreign nationals to use it too.
Part of is CNT openness to the world, so yes, there is some "backend" influence too - in a good way for the rest of the world.
CNT does not hide much things nowadays, especially since LGL wants to "help" the world

Reactions: Suga D and Lolman
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Well, even though Butterfly themselves say, they don't do that, there are Tenergy rubbers that are delivered with a different stamp on the sponge.
I´ve had the luck to get one, but i´m not sure if that really is "national". It feels a little more solid and grippy than the ones i ordered at Butterfly or bought from a shop. (But could be that my T05 from Butterfly-China just hasn´t been laying around on the store shelfs as long as my other ones. )

Anyhow Butterfly Germany told me that it´s genuine (but their goons wanted to know where i´ve got it from, :) )
201701060306131075.jpg

Last edited: