Pistej uses beginner serves against Harimoto?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
I became a Harimoto fan during this match. 13 years old, displaying great mental toughness in the face of all Pistej's antics. He refused to be phased in the slightest and it was Pistej--the adult--who broke down and embarrassed himself.

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
i think the biggest problem is the coach of Harimoto... Harimoto just played like they teach him .
Pistej was upset on noise sounds from Harimoto when he was serving ...which is illegal but referee do not care ,they just care about his serve . This make him nervous. But still Harimoto was playing great.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
I can't understand why the umpires let him get away with it...

What do you mean exactly? The first serves throw was too low, yes, should've been called on it. Other than that, what on earth should the umpire do? He is free to serve like he wants if it's according to the rules.

Reactions: NextLevel
says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
Sep 2016
Harimoto played well, Pistej'e can not cope with the fact he was beaten by a kid, at the beginning of the game, when he won a point, sometimes he had a kind of laugh , he looked down on the kid, by the time he was down 3-0, then he was not happy. His manner and behavior was really stupid, it was shame . That should not be in table tennis.
As for the sound Harimoto makes, it happens to a lot of sport, Pistej'e can wait until Harimoto made the sound then serve , the sound was not loud and it was a kind of encouragement and kept himself to concentrate.
Table tennis has no age limit, why can,t a 13 yrs old boy play well ??????? We should be happy to see that kind of good table tennis ,no matter what age, what race and what sex.

M51

says Poly balls still suck.

M51

says Poly balls still suck.
Sep 2012
I can't understand why the umpires let him get away with it...
I had a player mock me once, by ironically serving a beginner serve after I warned him not to hide the ball. For a second I considered giving him a yellow card for bad sportsmanship and disrespecting an official, but decided against it because that call would have been controversial, and ultimately, he was only acting against himself.

He ended up losing the match (to an inferior player).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Moreover, Pistej did not shake hands with the referees after the match finished... he seemed not to agree with their judgement during the match.

Sep 2016
that is what we call he is a bad loser

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
I don't expect to see an international umpire let a player get away with a foul serve, or with serving before the opponent is ready. Poor officiating, barely worthy of a club match. However there is nothing at all wrong with trying different serves, or with using simple serves for a while if your more complex serves are causing more trouble to you than to your opponent.