VIDEO: Ma Long vs Fan Zhendong - WTTC 2017 FINAL!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
This match deserves it's own topic! What an absolutely outstanding match between Ma Long and Fan Zhendong today at the 2017 World Championships. This match will go down as one of the best in history!

Watch the highlights below in superb HD!

What did you think of the final?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
This match deserves it's own topic! What an absolutely outstanding match between Ma Long and Fan Zhendong today at the 2017 World Championships. This match will go down as one of the best in history!

Watch the highlights below in superb HD!

What did you think of the final?

Thank you for the upload.

After watching it, it seems to me that the future of TT is BH oriented close-to-table game.

It's interesting close-to-table game was dominating the TT world in the 80s-90s until two-wing European loopers took dominance. Now we are back to close-to-table fast-paced game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Liu Guoliang commented on the final.
http://sports.qq.com/a/20170606/000982.htm
He thought it is the best match in recent years.
He thought Fan Zhendong had two chances in the deciding game: (1) He could be less aggressive when leading 2-0. (2) He could serve with more variations when leading 9-7.
He thought Ma Long was tired physically and mentally after the 4th sets leading 3:1. He was not precise and hoped Fan Zhendong to make mistakes; however, Fan caught up with calm and pushed Ma Long to the wall.

This article explains why Ma Long was so tired in the final.
http://sport.qq.com/a/20170606/007386.htm
He was not able to eat any food between the semifinal and the final. It also revealed that Ma Long got injections for injuries before WTTC and he twisted his ankle in R32 (If you checked the video/photos, indeed in his last four matches including the final, there were bandages around his left ankle).

Last edited:
One of the best finals.. i believe this is the first final to go 7 games since the 2007 final between Wang Liqin and Ma lin. It was back and forth through out, and FZD should've really won the match after being up 9-7 in the decider. Ma long just hung in there and finished off the match with one of my favorite shots, the forehand on the parallel :)

great entertainment.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Interestingly, this is not only the first final to go to the deciding game since 2007 but also the first final between #1 seed and #2 seed since 2007. However, in 2007, #2 seed Wang Liqin beat #1 seed Ma Lin.

It is a pity that Ma Lin, Ma Long's current coach, was not able to come to Düsseldorf and witness his victory.

One of the best finals.. i believe this is the first final to go 7 games since the 2007 final between Wang Liqin and Ma lin. It was back and forth through out, and FZD should've really won the match after being up 9-7 in the decider. Ma long just hung in there and finished off the match with one of my favorite shots, the forehand on the parallel :)

great entertainment.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
watching the final I have no doubt these two are the best players in the world and the difference for next players like XX, mizutani, ovtchatov and others is huge. It seems they do not have weeknesses, they are fast, powerfull and precise. Look how good the read each other serves. I did not see any mistakes in final.

Reactions: jedimasterplk