WTTC 2017 - Zhang Jike's last big tournament?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
It wasn't the tournament zjk was looking for even more loosing to a non cnt player. I hope he will come back even stronger, but in last year i already heart he was talking about retirement (No source just in my mind). After the Lee Sangsu game he didnt really reveal any information about his future. now that the wttc has finished and a few days are gone after the match what do you think ? He slowly comes in the typical age for cnt players to retire but he seemed quite motivated in wttc in games like against gardos.

And another question, will the cnt let him go if he wants to? A new olympic cycle began this year and world ranked players 1,3 and 4 becoming slightly older and as I know there was now cnt player playing olympics over 30 ever. But who can fill the places. There is lin gaoyuan and fan zhendong already showed that they can beat them all but will cnt head coaches be satisfied with that ? Ma long already mentioned that he wants to give a shot at tokyo 2020 and showed in an impressive way that hes ready for that trip, but xu xin and zjk failed at this big event even xx was one point away not winning a medal and struggling in the rounds before. Anybody any infos for the nearer future of the cnt team? Will they push zjk and xx even more or will they start to push their effort in the next generation?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Japan Open next week every top cnt player present but no zjk.
china open he s on the list of final entries. very exciting tournaments ahead in the next weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Makelele
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think CNT itself did not have big hopes from ZJK in WTTC. ZJK in pre WTTC video mentioned his aim would be to reach semis. So he also knew he was not up there. As a matter of fact LGY himself told he was not sure if ZJK would make it out of first few rounds in Rio. He might get couple of years lifeline but IMHO he needs to address injury once and for all and then give one last shot may be at 2019 WTTC. Just lingering around with injuries or half interest does not suit a legend. The way things are going now, CNT is ok with age factor as long as performance is top notch (Mu Zi for example)

Last edited:
Reactions: TTFrenzy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I don't see ZJK making it to Tokyo 2020

I would say he is or close to be on the path of down hill.
Give him another 12 months, if he loses more to CNT and non-CNT, then he might not even make WTTC2019 (or WTTTC2018)

XX to me is a huge disappointment. His technical flaws is taking way too long to fix.
If XX can fix his BH, ZJK could be forced out.
From the other juniors, so many 22 years old, but don't really stand out imo.
LGY to me is only so-so and not really groom (yet) to be a top 3 inside CNT

Reactions: Tinykin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
I don't see ZJK making it to Tokyo 2020

I would say he is or close to be on the path of down hill.
Give him another 12 months, if he loses more to CNT and non-CNT, then he might not even make WTTC2019 (or WTTTC2018)

XX to me is a huge disappointment. His technical flaws is taking way too long to fix.
If XX can fix his BH, ZJK could be forced out.
From the other juniors, so many 22 years old, but don't really stand out imo.
LGY to me is only so-so and not really groom (yet) to be a top 3 inside CNT
I have no idea what's gonna happen . Cause what ever we've told about zjk has happened vise versa . But he's got a good body now . All he want is good mind .... lets see what's gonna happen in china open

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I have no idea what's gonna happen . Cause what ever we've told about zjk has happened vise versa . But he's got a good body now . All he want is good mind .... lets see what's gonna happen in china open

Its good to read about LGY 's ZJK interview Are you sure ZJK injuries are past issue now ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Its good to read about LGY 's ZJK interview Are you sure ZJK injuries are past issue now ?
As liu guoliang has said his injuries has been controlled and also ma long's . its because of their new physical trainer from poland which i sent his photos and training video's several time .

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
If ZJK is fully fit and mentally prepared and he should be now that ML has equaled his record, I will be cheering for him in China Open.

Big ifs, especially the second. Is he motivated to work that hard and how is his confidence? Does he have lingering fear of reinjury? As a GS winner he has nothing to prove. His ststus in China is assured. I would bet that he is finished. I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: TTFrenzy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Read 1 reviews
Whatever happens to Zhang and his playing career, can anyone of you imagine Zhang join the coaching stuff?
Can you imagine Zhang in the coaching corner ? :D

Not me, guys..

As for playing career, I dont believe in Zhang Jike anymore.
Even if motivated, he has not got it anymore.

Lol if that happened his fans would scream at the training hall everyday

Reactions: ping fun
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Whatever happens to Zhang and his playing career, can anyone of you imagine Zhang join the coaching stuff?

Not me, guys..

No one knows .....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews

Not me, guys..

His player would get the best support from fan girls in china :cool: