Review for Nittaku Factive and Nittaku

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Hi all,

I'm considering changing backhand rubber. Currently I'm using tenergy 05fx which is very bouncy and hard to block spiny loop.

Previously used Nittaku g1 on forehand which pleased me so much. Anybody please give me some feedback on S1 and Factive for backhand.

My style on Backhand: close to table opening loop for rally. And block to make advantage for forehand finish.

Thanks all.

Sent from my MI 5s Plus using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Hey, I am currently using the Factive on my backhand.
I would say that the factive is pretty unique compared to other rubbers. It has little catapult, good spin (not as much as T05 or Fastarc G1, like Evolution FX-S) and is pretty good at the passive game.
If you want to use the factive on the backhand side I would strongly recommend a head heavy blade, because it feels pretty harmless. I think it doesnt suit players whose playing style is biased on backhand loops, because the factive just feels too slow for it. It doesnt mean you cant play backhand loops, but I rarely played more than 1 backhand loop in a rally because the effort to make a strong backhand loop with it was too big for me. But it really shines at the pushing and blocking game, due to its control.

I would say the Factive is worth testing, but you shouldnt be expecting too much from it. Imo it is more suited for the Forehand than the backhand, because of the little catapult.
I didnt test the s1 yet, so I cant help you with it.

I hope i could help

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I know this is old, but I have both Factive and FX-S. For me the latter has the perfect amount of catapult. Not too much, but enough for when you need extra. I just don't like how less grippy the surface is compared to Factive and other rubbers I've tried. The sponge is where the Evolution series shine imo.
Anyone knows of a rubber with similar catapult as fx-s but with the grip of factive?
I've tried Victas V>11 Extra, and the surface has the grip, but the transition between the lower and higher gears seems to be less smooth than FX-S. V11E will suddenly shoot the ball over the table with a high arc, when I try to loop compared to a drive. I do like its lower weight. About the same weight as Factive. 40-42 g when cut to 158 x 150.

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk