Back to Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    says May the Spin be with you!

Advanced TTD Member 260 405

Advanced TTD Member 405 260
    Quote Originally Posted by SFF_lib
    Nice Gozo!! Hinoki feeling is just amazing!!

I have used many rubbers on my ages DS90, mine is Jpen though. For sh you want to minimise the total thickness. Are you going to stay close to table as a hitter? Are you playing looping games in mid to far distance?
    Yes, Hinoki has a distinct feeling that can only be felt but hard to describe.

Definitely not a hitter. I am a power - looper style close to mid distance. I am unable to do far from table.... not a young and super fit man ( close to 50 y/o ).
    Last edited by Gozo; 1 Day Ago at 04:38 AM.

This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 898 1,396
    This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 1,396 898
    Quote Originally Posted by Gozo
    Yes, Hinoki has a distinct feeling that can only be felt but hard to describe.

Definitely not a hitter. I am a power - looper style close to mid distance. I am unable to do far from table.... not a young and super fit man ( close to 50 y/o ).
    10mm hinoki is very very bouncy. I am using Baracuda which half tacky tensor. Control is much better than T05 that I used before. I suggest you giving it a go. Baracuda’s spin is comparable to H3, is light and has decent speed.

10mm hinoki is very very bouncy. I am using Baracuda which half tacky tensor. Control is much better than T05 that I used before. I suggest you giving it a go. Baracuda’s spin is comparable to H3, is light and has decent speed.
    I have used Baracuda before for my BH and FH. On paper it is a suppose to be a spin monster. However, during my first couple of lessons I was using Baracuda on my BH and I struggled with BH opening up. Then my coach said don't use Baracuda, it does not agree with me. Then I tried H3 soft and still it was unsatisfactory. So, 3rd times's the charm right? I used Yasaka Rakza 7 and bingo! It was so much easier for me, and I am sticking with this for a long long time for my BH use. He ( the coach ) also said Rakza 7 is a good BH rubber.

P/s Of course in my coach's personal opinion, he is dead set on T05. But I told him I am never gonna use such expensive rubber unless I am pro, never at this amateur level.

P/s/s As for FH rubber, he did blurt out a few names such as G1 + Tenergy + Dignics & MXP in his preferred list. I told him I already have Donic Bluefire M1 already fixed on my blade. Initially he frowned upon M1 because he had used it before personally and did not like it. But anyway I started stroking with him and after the session, he said, ok good. You can keep the M1, seems to work for me. That is why I am sticking with Donic M1.

NB: M1 is the cheapest ESN Tensor rubber in my regular vendor's inventory so that is a plus point.

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Among his four FH preferred rubbers, G1 is worth a try. Very positive feedback. Not too heavy.

MXP is way too heavy and not enough dwell time. T and D series are expensive.

Among his four FH preferred rubbers, G1 is worth a try. Very positive feedback. Not too heavy.

MXP is way too heavy and not enough dwell time. T and D series are expensive.
    Thanks friend SFF,

I will keep G1 in my Keep-in-view list. I have a sheet of red G1 glued on my old Butterfly Primorac Allwood blade. I shall peel it off and stick on to this new 10mm Hinoki once I get my delivery. There is a long holiday coming up due to the Chinese Lunar New Year. All the logistics are grinded to a halt. The wait is killing me.

However, there is this dilemma I am facing, should I put on another M1 on the FH side of this new blade which is working fine for me on my DS90, or should I EJ and try G1 on this set up. Does it matter? Will it play completely different and I need to readjust my stroke?

My future weapon of mass destruction

The Following 2 Users Like Gozo's Post:

PingBirdPong and UpSideDownCarl

says Verified Cheater, Banned by ITTF :)

Advanced TTD Member 146 261
    says Verified Cheater, Banned by ITTF :)

Advanced TTD Member 261 146
    Quote Originally Posted by gozo

my future weapon of mass destruction
    thicc!😍
    Modestly, Leo

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Gozo

My future weapon of mass destruction
    Beautiful art!!