Back to Forum
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 0 28
    Z
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 28 0

New rubber = greasy surface = no spin = no confidence = waste of money??

Guys some of you may live in a warm climate, if so i'm keen to hear from you. Over the last month it's been warm here and my during practice my rubbers (TSP Rise BH/Agrit FH) are getting slick and greasy, so much so that all the grip and subsequently all confidence saps out of my game. Today I played with new Yasaka Rakza 7 on my FH, the surface was greasy after 1 hour, and a I had to constantly wipe it. A fellow player offered me his bat (Tenergy 05) it was dry and grippy and my loops were sweet. My coach thinks my set up is inferior, always a proponent of Butterfly. Does anyone have the same problem? How do you cope in warm humid climates? Do I really need to buy Tenergy?

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 237 790
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 790 237
    It might have something to do with sweat dripping from your arm down to your racket.. Try buying a wrist-band first, its a lot cheaper than Tenergy :P
    Don't hesitate. If you want to reach your goal, just go for it!

This user has no status.

TTD Member 0 28
    Z
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 28 0
    A cheap option - I like it!

says TableTennisDaily 2.0 is now live!!!

Administrator 4,208 6,792
    says TableTennisDaily 2.0 is now live!!!

Administrator 6,792 4,208
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggy
    A cheap option - I like it!
    Hehe true

When you wipe the bat down, do you use a towel? I hear wiping the bat down on your shorts or tshirt really damage the surface of the rubber.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 123 1,880
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 1,880 123

User Info Menu

I get the same thing with any rubber when its warm and moist. Not much you can do apart from wiping the surface of your rubber very often I think. Or maybe try a tacky Chinese rubber. I read that Ma Lin likes to play in a really warm hall. So I guess there is a way to make it work well. xD

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 69 912
    M
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 912 69
    You should be cleaning the surface of the rubber anyways in between drills or points. You can either just do the breath technique and clean off the sweat and grime or if you're rubbers are a bit more pricy try just getting a good sponge to clean off the rubber after each game. The Chinese rubbers do well in most climates, cold or hot. I've not yet had a problem with having no grip on the ball so I don't really know how the rubbers you've mentioned pertain to climate. If you're having trouble with the warmer climates maybe only order your rubbers during colder climates so you can get the most out of them and buy some cheap Chinese rubbers for the warmer climates. Excluding some of the pretuned rubbers they typically do well in warmer climates.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 0 28
    Z
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 28 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Hehe true

When you wipe the bat down, do you use a towel? I hear wiping the bat down on your shorts or tshirt really damage the surface of the rubber.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk
    Yeah my coach advised the same, I need to bring a towel when I play I think.. and a sweatband, but not Tenergy, not yet anyway

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 157 1,871
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 1,871 157
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggy
    Guys some of you may live in a warm climate, if so i'm keen to hear from you. Over the last month it's been warm here and my during practice my rubbers (TSP Rise BH/Agrit FH) are getting slick and greasy, so much so that all the grip and subsequently all confidence saps out of my game. Today I played with new Yasaka Rakza 7 on my FH, the surface was greasy after 1 hour, and a I had to constantly wipe it. A fellow player offered me his bat (Tenergy 05) it was dry and grippy and my loops were sweet. My coach thinks my set up is inferior, always a proponent of Butterfly. Does anyone have the same problem? How do you cope in warm humid climates? Do I really need to buy Tenergy?
    There's a simple explanation to this buddy. It has to do a lot with temperature difference..which caused the condensation or sweat. It has nothing to do with the quality of the rubber. In your case, it's warmer in side the hall than outside. When the bat is cold slightly and when you bring it into the hall, fine particles of water will develop. It happen to me too when my equipment has been in an air conditioned car for a long time. But in my case, the rubber dries up pretty quickly after 10 minutes or so because the temperature in Malaysia is rather high. So don't fret about it so much, and you don't really have to change your rubber. Just wipe it from time to time, coz the last thing you want is for the moisture to absorb into the rubber which will make it longer to dry and it'll change the character of the rubber..at least until it's completely dry.
    To improve, we must enjoy the game and above all have fun

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 150 2,988
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 2,988 150

User Info Menu

Mar 2011
    Indonesia
    Read 1 Reviews
    Nothing to do with the rubber, its the level of air viscosity of the place you were playing. Yep, its the humidity.
    GFoT |Blade : Timo Boll ALC • FH : DHS Hurricane 3 Provincial MAX • BH : Tenergy 64 MAX
    Crossover to Takeover!

says I like to hit Heavy Topspin

Super Moderator 15,941 14,373
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin

Super Moderator 14,373 15,941
    As Mr RicharD said, having a damp sponge on hand so you can clean your rubber periodically should be useful.
    Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Setup 2: OSP Virtuoso Plus, FH Rasanter R 48, BH Rasanter R 48
    Spin is Everything

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 15 243
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 243 15
    I noticed when it is a most or damp, some rubbers can handle it better then others. Eventually most/all rubber will have problem with greasy layers if you don't clean i think. In stead of tenergy (if you might concider changing rubber) you can also think about Nimbus. To me it works better then other rubbers in most/damp places.