Best feeling allround plus blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Hello. What allround plus blade with good feeling can you recommend? Today I played with Donic Appelgren Allplay it was really good. What else is worth getting?

I tried DHS magic D01 sometimes back, it is rated as a defensive wood however the feel and the ball stay was excellent on the drives. Felt almost like an allround/allround + blade.

Hello. What allround plus blade with good feeling can you recommend? Today I played with Donic Appelgren Allplay it was really good. What else is worth getting?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Is nittaku acustic allround or more off - or off blade? I'm thinking mostly about Donic appelgren allplay maybe donic persson powerallround

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What is the difference between Donic appelgren allplay senso v1 and senso v2?

Just the shape of the hollow space in the handle.

I personally would get it without the "Senso" hollow handle.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: Baal
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
I wonder why a senso handle, without filling is rated more controllable? I'll surly get the version without the senso because I don't like when the blade is head heavy. What is the difference between senso v1 and v2? I know senso 2 is more controllable and senso 1 faster. .but I mean the difference in the build up..the head heaviness..

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I wonder why a senso handle, without filling is rated more controllable? I'll surly get the version without the senso because I don't like when the blade is head heavy. What is the difference between senso v1 and v2? I know senso 2 is more controllable and senso 1 faster. .but I mean the difference in the build up..the head heaviness..

Senso V1 and V2 are simply different shapes for the hollow space. The rest is just marketing. V1 has more hollow space and it goes further up the handle.

The stuff they say about the hollow handle effect, in my opinion, is simply marketing and does not have a basis in reality.

I get that the questions are about trying to help you make a good informed decision. However, the best way to find this stuff out is to test the info the TT companies give you buy testing out the different versions of the blade. And then you know for yourself that it is marketing BS.

Der_Echte and I took an 896 blade with a hollow handle and compared it next to an 896 blade where he had opened the handle and filled the hollow space, and then closed the handle. The one with the filled handle definitely felt and played better, faster. Had more solid feel. And actually felt lighter even though it was 10 grams heavier with the extra weight in the handle.

We did the same with a Stiga Allround Evolution. Same result.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
I decided to try donic appelgren allplay. I have tried at the club donic persson powerallround too. it was really good. The owner of the blade said that it's a "blade with a soul". That the overpriced blades produced now can't compare.