Best feeling allround plus blade

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What's the difference in the built between stiga allround evolution and normal stiga allround classic?

Allround Evolution is faster and a little more delicate. I love the Stiga Allround Evolution though. I might rate the Allround Evolution as Off- rather than All+. Not much difference between All+ and Off- though.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The most important blades have been mentioned.

Donic Applegren Allplay
Yasaka Sweden Extra
Stiga Allround Evolution
Nittaku Violin
OSP Expert
Butterfly Grubba

I think I could add 2 old Butterfly blades that are no longer made but were amazing and it is a shame they are no longer made:

Butterfly Jonyer H
Butterfly Klampar H

And an out of date Stiga blade:

Stiga Tube Allround

That was one amazing blade.

I would also put these blades in the same category even though they are considered Off-:

Stiga Offensive Classic
OSP Virtuoso Off-
Butterfly Primorac Off-

The speed, control and feeling on all these blades, to my way of thinking makes these all in a very similar class.

And for the 40+ Poly ball, the ones that are considered "Off-" may be worth considering too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Thank you. Does the evolution have an empty handle? Like Donic senso or something? And is there a difference between yasaka Sweden classic and yasaka Sweden extra?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Read 1 reviews
The Xiom Allround S is definitely also worth considering. Great feeling and will last you a long time.

The Appelgren Allplay is great for the beginning but is quickly becoming too slow in my opinion. It's an ALL blade, not ALL+.

The Nittaku Violin is an OFF- blade and the Acoustic is an OFF blade.

This user has no status.
Thank you. Does the evolution have an empty handle? Like Donic senso or something? And is there a difference between yasaka Sweden classic and yasaka Sweden extra?

I've never had a reason to take my handle apart, but it does NOT have the hollow feeling you are referring to.

Reactions: Paweł Banasik
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thank you. Does the evolution have an empty handle? Like Donic senso or something?

Go to this thread. Look at the photos. Tell me the answer.

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?9048-Re-Building-the-BEAST

All Stiga handles are like that. Most mass produced blade handles are like that.

And is there a difference between yasaka Sweden classic and yasaka Sweden extra?

Classic is All and Sweden is All+/Off-. So the Sweden is faster.

Just like the Stiga Allround Evolution is faster than the Stiga Allround Classic.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The Xiom Allround S is definitely also worth considering. Great feeling and will last you a long time.

The Appelgren Allplay is great for the beginning but is quickly becoming too slow in my opinion. It's an ALL blade, not ALL+.

The Nittaku Violin is an OFF- blade and the Acoustic is an OFF blade.

I would call the Acoustic Off-. I would call Violin All+/Off-.

I guess different people think about speed ratings differently. I have heard people categorize Acoustic as Off+. Lol.

But Xiom Offensive S is an excellent blade. I would consider it Off- as well.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Read 1 reviews
I would call the Acoustic Off-. I would call Violin All+/Off-.

I guess different people think about speed ratings differently. I have heard people categorize Acoustic as Off+. Lol.

But Xiom Offensive S is an excellent blade. I would consider it Off- as well.

Yeah, I'd be fine counting the Acoustic as OFF-, but clearly at the upper end of it. Violin to me is significantly faster than most ALL blades so I can't see it fall in any ALLx category.

This user has no status.
IMG_20170712_092522~2-1265x788.jpg

These are from my friends broken Stiga allround classic, non wrb, handles are not hollowed but blade part is.
Would be better if blade was solid to but this is somethin too, even with max thickness rubbers blade has nice balance not too head heavy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
I Wonder if they are The same in yasaka sweden extra? :) I just read the review of it by Next Level. It seems like underappreciated blade not very popular but really good one and the one that doesn't lack power over time when our skills go up.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I Wonder if they are The same in yasaka sweden extra? :) I just read the review of it by Next Level. It seems like underappreciated blade not very popular but really good one and the one that doesn't lack power over time when our skills go up.

Most mass produced blades have some amount of hollow space in the handle. As you can see from the photos in the thread I linked to, the Allround Evolution has more hollow than this Allround Classic.

The hollow space theoretically gives more feeling in your hand. There is nothing wrong with having it. It is not as much hollow space as the WRB blades or Donic's Senso blades.