Best feeling allround plus blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
The most important blades have been mentioned.

Donic Applegren Allplay
Yasaka Sweden Extra
Stiga Allround Evolution
Nittaku Violin
OSP Expert
Butterfly Grubba

I think I could add 2 old Butterfly blades that are no longer made but were amazing and it is a shame they are no longer made:

Butterfly Jonyer H
Butterfly Klampar H

And an out of date Stiga blade:

Stiga Tube Allround

That was one amazing blade.

I would also put these blades in the same category even though they are considered Off-:

Stiga Offensive Classic
OSP Virtuoso Off-
Butterfly Primorac Off-

The speed, control and feeling on all these blades, to my way of thinking makes these all in a very similar class.

And for the 40+ Poly ball, the ones that are considered "Off-" may be worth considering too.
Spot on with your analysis and review on blades!
[emoji106][emoji122][emoji482]

Sent from my ZUK Z2131 using Tapatalk

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Thanks for the suggestion Splasher! I was going to try...
says Thanks for the suggestion Splasher! I was going to try...
Apr 2019
Oh yes! And loving it. It has a lot of the feeling of the J H I liked so much, plus, it’s a smooth beast. I’m still new to it as I only put rubbers on a few days ago, but so far, I’m super happy- in fact a few days ago I sent you a message to share the joy :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Why yogi and carl are normally answering to a necro call is beyond me

Clearly, since the post that woke this dead thread was a quote from me, I saw and recognized that I had made the post a few years ago. But I didn't feel there was a problem here. This is not a bad thread to wake up. It is not people asking for advice that is no longer relevant. And what I responded too was Andre because I wanted to hear about how he likes his new 7P-2A.

Oh yes! And loving it. It has a lot of the feeling of the J H I liked so much, plus, it’s a smooth beast. I’m still new to it as I only put rubbers on a few days ago, but so far, I’m super happy- in fact a few days ago I sent you a message to share the joy :)

I am glad you like it. Are you sure you sent me a message. I never got it.

I am glad it is not so different from the Jonyer that you did not recognize it. I was pretty sure what you were experiencing was the result of you having the feel for Hinoki.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
I got sweden extra, tsp euro feeling off-, butterfly korbel (euro version 80gr), violin etc. I think none of them are great options today. 10 years ago they were just awesome. Today they are vibrating like hell. I don't mind the speed. But feeling is just bad.

I think virtuoso is the ultimate all+ blade. Not faster than those blades above. But feeling is amazing. Its stiff enough but offers tons of feeling.
Nittaku acoustic is another great option.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
"De gustibus non est disputandum" - In matters of taste, there can be no disputes.

Actually I like some of the old blades.
Stiga Allround Evolution - surprisingly good, even though I don't like WRB (empty) handles, I have a light one (77 gr), my reactions are super fast
Nittaku Violoncello (not Violin) - described as defensive blade, it feels more like OFF-, depending on the rubbers can be slow or fast, it has some vibrations, but I like it, the downsides are the super slim handle and the big head, if you are using heavy rubbers the blade becomes head heavy
OSP Virtuoso (one of the first models) - is nice, but is not stable at hard shots whether you're smashing or blocking, I feel that is bending and therefore I lack precision

New allround blades were released, but it's hard to keep up with all the new stuff and apparently people are buying only fast blades, not many reviews for ALL/ALL+ blades.

Even if it's an old thread I liked it because I went slower lately, just trying to keep the ball on table and have an easy time returning serves.

I realized that I play more offensive with slower setups and defensive with faster setups, especially when I don't know the opponent.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I got the sweden extra, also called extra sweet xD
Is the Korbel or primorac an upgrade of the sweety extra ?

No, that’s just different. The Korbel and Primorac have limba outers. Softish and pretty much geared towards a spin oriented game. The Sweden Extra has an outer of anegre, “the ultimate control wood”, which is slightly harder and a bit more zesty (to my palate anyway) and lets you spin it, but is also tempting an active block or flat hit/counter every now and then.

All excellent blades.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Joola Aruna Off is great too.Lot of control and feeling.The hinoki outer ply gives very nice soft feeling and a lot of dwell.