Who do you think will win the Japan Open 2017?

• Ma Long

Votes: 33 42.3%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 30 38.5%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wong Chun Ting

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Fang Bo

• Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Koki Niwa

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Other (Post Below)

• Total voters
This user has no status.
When your record against someone on the world tour is 1-10, every victory counts and is better than a defeat.

There is a difference between "every victory counts" and "I feel like I avenged letting the biggest match of my life slip away at 9-7". The Japan Open isn't going to make that sting go away.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Preliminary rounds:
Japanese players 100% success rate
Monteiro Joao has beaten in a tough match against CHIANG Hung-Chieh.
Tristan Flore kicked out by Tazoe Kenta
Chen Chien An beaten by Hirano Yuki.
Liang jingkun lost a set against CHEW Zhe Yu Clarence, not a good sign.
Jeong Sangeun couldn't maintain his great form and lost to
LANDRIEU Andrea.

I think the biggest threats to Harimoto are his own teammates.
I hate that Japan is on the other side of the world. I can't watch the matches live all the night.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
There is a difference between "every victory counts" and "I feel like I avenged letting the biggest match of my life slip away at 9-7". The Japan Open isn't going to make that sting go away.

Agreed. I am just saying that it is unlikely the lack of a title will let him downplay the significance of the matchup should it occur. When Ma Long lost his one at the China Open, he didn't give any excuses either.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Preliminary rounds:
Japanese players 100% success rate
Monteiro Joao has beaten in a tough match against CHIANG Hung-Chieh.
Tristan Flore kicked out by Tazoe Kenta
Chen Chien An beaten by Hirano Yuki.
Liang jingkun lost a set against CHEW Zhe Yu Clarence, not a good sign.
Jeong Sangeun couldn't maintain his great form and lost to
LANDRIEU Andrea.

I think the biggest threats to Harimoto are his own teammates.
I hate that Japan is on the other side of the world. I can't watch the matches live all the night.

Can't understand why Liang Jingkun is unable to perform in the world stage in whatever chances he has got. He plays with the best , performs also good among the best. But out of CNT, he is just mediocre. Had (still have) high hopes from him.

Last edited:
Reactions: ajtatosmano2
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Just insane how many young japanese players participate in world class events. Just amazing. Even china doesn't have a 13-16 year old girl or boy that can play on that high level. Good work and a lot of respect goes to Japan!

You are funny.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Just insane how many young japanese players participate in world class events. Just amazing. Even china doesn't have a 13-16 year old girl or boy that can play on that high level. Good work and a lot of respect goes to Japan!

China never sent many players.
In the chinese discipline the players in the world tours just prove that they can give their best under high pressure. Going to a world tour is something only the bests can reach.
In the japanese discipline the players go to the world tours to improve and get used to the high pressure.

Plus the japanese association has more money than the chinese.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Can't understand why Liang Jingkun is unable to perform in the world stage in whatever chances he has got. He plays with the best , performs also good among the best. But out of CNT, he is just mediocre. Had (still have) high hopes from him.

I also admire his style and effort. But he is kicked out from my favourites since he won in decider by cheating against Kenta Matsudaira. (His shot clearly hit the side of the table, but the umpires couldn't see well. Then he simply said that it was an edge ball.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahmad Arnous
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I also admire his style and effort. But he is out of my favourites since he won in decider by cheating. (His shot clearly hit the side of the table, but the umpires couldn't see well. Then he simply said that it was an edge ball.)
And he couldn't be reporting his honest opinion because...

And the ump who is supposed to make the call agreed with him because...

Reactions: MasterMyself
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
And he couldn't be reporting his honest opinion because...

And the ump who is supposed to make the call agreed with him because...

Because of the angles it was obvious that it couldn't hit the edge. At least he should have been insecure, but he wasn't.
Kenta wondered if it was an edge ball, but LJK just walked to umpire and gave him/her a handshake. The umpire didn't see well, but because of LJK's definite behaviour he/she simply accepted that it was an edge ball.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Ma Long on route to the Japan Open! The man is ready!

malong1.jpgmalong2.jpgmalong3.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Because of the angles it was obvious that it couldn't hit the edge. At least he should have been insecure, but he wasn't.
Kenta wondered if it was an edge ball, but LJK just walked to umpire and gave him/her a handshake. The umpire didn't see well, but because of LJK's definite behaviour he/she simply accepted that it was an edge ball.

The umpire couldn't see well when making a call that he was closer to than LJK was ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
The umpire couldn't see well when making a call that he was closer to than LJK was ?

I was wrong. He/she could see well. He/she just slept or he/she was simply an idiot. It happens time to time. Just the players usually agree. LJK hit the ball from above the net height and from outside (like when you want to hit a roller, just the ball came from upward). Then the ball slipped from the side and reached the floor quite close to the table. If he would hit the edge, then the ball should have bounce upward and out, but even in the worst case it should have bounce sideways.
If it was an edge ball, then it break the rules of physics. I couldn't believe the umpire scored it to LJK.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I was wrong. He/she could see well. He/she just slept or he/she was simply an idiot. It happens time to time. Just the players usually agree. LJK hit the ball from above the net height and from outside (like when you want to hit a roller, just the ball came from upward). Then the ball slipped from the side and reached the floor quite close to the table. If he would hit the edge, then the ball should have bounce upward and out, but even in the worst case it should have bounce sideways.
If it was an edge ball, then it break the rules of physics. I couldn't believe the umpire scored it to LJK.

And if LJK too also honestly believed he won the point, and the umpire ruled for him, and they were both honestly but incompetently wrong (I don't place too much stock in how the ball comes off, it is really up to the players to agree, though I agree bouncing upwards is clear and bouncing downwards is less clear, and if there is an ump, it is all the ump's decision), why do people continue to make it seem like it is LJK's fault?

I will let you have the last word on this so we can get back to the open.