Who do you think will win the Japan Open 2017?

• Ma Long

Votes: 33 42.3%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 30 38.5%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wong Chun Ting

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Fang Bo

• Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Koki Niwa

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Other (Post Below)

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
And Sun Yingsha defeats Chen Meng in 7 sets, China's womens team has a very deep and very talented pool, Japan and the rest of the world are going to need to up their game pretty ludicrously quickly!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
And Sun Yingsha defeats Chen Meng in 7 sets, China's womens team has a very deep and very talented pool, Japan and the rest of the world are going to need to up their game pretty ludicrously quickly!

LOL CHEN Meng lost that Asian Championships final, she might not even be there, in WTTC or next Olympics given how much competition there is in China...

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
LOL CHEN Meng lost that Asian Championships final, she might not even be there, in WTTC or next Olympics given how much competition there is in China...

Such is life in the CNT, eat or be eaten! We'll see if she comes out of this tournament improved in the future, as she obviously was out of the Asian Championships final loss!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
INCREDIBLE! Recent World Champion Ma Long repeats success defeating Fan Zhendong 4-1 at the Japan Open!

malongjapanopen2017winner.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
It is tough to find a chink in ML 's armour right now. Absolutely amazed by his blocking abilities today. FZD threw some shots at ML which many of us mere mortals would not even see, let alone get a hand to, but, ML blocked few of them and countered the rest to dismay of FZD. Feel sad for FZD. He continues to be the next big thing in the sport without knowing how to overcome the biggest thing ever.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
“I was here 10 years ago but finished second, so I’m really happy to win today,” the 28-year-old Ma said after beating Fan in a repeat of their worlds final.
“It’s clear to see for everyone that he has the ability to win at the worlds or the Olympics. I’ve been winning lately but am sure he’ll be someone who overtakes me.”

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
ML really turned it on. He seems to be comfortable against XX these days. Last year XX posted few wins against ML but there is a clear gap between their levels now.

What happened to XX's energy? It completely died! He came out so strong and confident, but towards the end he lost his focus? I mean the points he had against ML the games he finished were downright dirty! I mean, that cross table game winner end of game winner was brutal! ML had his own crazy antics and if that XX's momentum continued it could've easily gone wait her way. ML didn't beat XX, XX beat himself.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
“I was here 10 years ago but finished second, so I’m really happy to win today,” the 28-year-old Ma said after beating Fan in a repeat of their worlds final.
“It’s clear to see for everyone that he has the ability to win at the worlds or the Olympics. I’ve been winning lately but am sure he’ll be someone who overtakes me.”

Very gracious and (I believe) true words from Ma Long.