Help recommend closest blade to viscaria

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
I recall the Taksim being harder and thicker than the Viscaria. Played flatter trajectory and more suited to opening loop and then smash tactics. It is named the 'butterfly King' if you're keen on searching through the Chinese forums.

Reactions: Gjayesh
I recall the Taksim being harder and thicker than the Viscaria. Played flatter trajectory and more suited to opening loop and then smash tactics. It is named the 'butterfly King' if you're keen on searching through the Chinese forums.
I see, thank you sir :D

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Not a Taksim. The construction of that blade (if you can find one) was more like the Iolite. The inner core is much thicker and the blade is stiffer.

Edit. I see someone already mentioned that. Sorry. TB-ALC would be reasonably close, or a ZJK-ALC if you can find it in CS grip.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Baal , ZJK-ALC will be a little softer , more feeling and a tad slower , the TB-ALC should be at par with Viscaria interms of speed and feeling , isn't it ? this is to satisfy my curiosity ..
Not a Taksim. The construction of that blade (if you can find one) was more like the Iolite. The inner core is much thicker and the blade is stiffer.

Edit. I see someone already mentioned that. Sorry. TB-ALC would be reasonably close, or a ZJK-ALC if you can find it in CS grip.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Depends on which ones you get and weight I think. There is blade-to-blade variation in all of these. I have owned four ZJK-ALC blades (too many, I should probably sell them). Two of them were very similar to your usual Viscaria pretty much, and not too different from a TB-ALC, but two were softer, slower, and lighter as you said (oddly enough both of those two had ST handles). I have never seen a TB-ALC that was as slow and soft those two ZJK-ALCs. All the same we are not talking huge differences, and it would be pretty easy to adapt. I have seen quite a few TB-ALCs that are a little bit crisper feeling than a Viscaria, but not all of them.

I think the main difference is the handle shape, which is pretty important actually; people underestimate its effects on how they play.

Of course, I have no idea how a CS version of one of these blades plays.

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Thanks Baal, that is great info.
@Christian Adrian Aniceta : This should provide you with the required guideline for which option to choose ...

Depends on which ones you get and weight I think. There is blade-to-blade variation in all of these. I have owned four ZJK-ALC blades (too many, I should probably sell them). Two of them were very similar to your usual Viscaria pretty much, and not too different from a TB-ALC, but two were softer, slower, and lighter as you said (oddly enough both of those two had ST handles). I have never seen a TB-ALC that was as slow and soft those two ZJK-ALCs. All the same we are not talking huge differences, and it would be pretty easy to adapt. I have seen quite a few TB-ALCs that are a little bit crisper feeling than a Viscaria, but not all of them.

I think the main difference is the handle shape, which is pretty important actually; people underestimate its effects on how they play.

Of course, I have no idea how a CS version of one of these blades plays.