Nittaku premium ball

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
If I play with a box of NP40+ for a week or two, that is my favorite ball. If I then grab some D40+ and play with them for a couple of weeks, that becomes my favorite ball! They are close enough, and you just have to get used to the 40 mg difference in weight. By the way, the D40+ stays good longer, there is no question about that. It is definitely more durable. Now, if I go to a website to buy them there is simply no question anymore. The D40+ is my favorite ball because they are 1/3 the price.

Sir Baal, you're making a compelling argument there.

By the way, both of them are covered with tons of powder when they are new, though. That is annoying.

Lots of balls have this, they're bathing in dust. One should probably rinse them before use, but then again, I usually consider that only after finding my rubbers looking dull and dusty suddenly after a few hits with a new ball. Which is too late.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
If I play with a box of NP40+ for a week or two, that is my favorite ball. If I then grab some D40+ and play with them for a couple of weeks, that becomes my favorite ball! They are really similar, and you just have to get used to the 40 mg difference in weight which is actually noticeable, but not problematic. (The seamless at a point at least were heavier still and seem to float more in the air for some reason, and I suspect it is because they have a slightly larger diameter, but I have not weighed any that were manufacutered recently). By the way, the D40+ stays good longer, there is no question about that. It is definitely more durable. Now, if I go to a website to buy them there is simply no question anymore. The D40+ is my favorite ball because they are 1/3 the price.

By the way, both of them (NP40+ and D40+) are covered with tons of powder when they are new, though. That is annoying.
That's why I only bought d40+

The powder problem is easy to resolve. Drop some water than dry it.

Sent from my 2014819 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
By the way, both of them (NP40+ and D40+) are covered with tons of powder when they are new, though. That is annoying.

Lots of balls have this, they're bathing in dust. One should probably rinse them before use, but then again, I usually consider that only after finding my rubbers looking dull and dusty suddenly after a few hits with a new ball. Which is too late.

That's why I only bought d40+

The powder problem is easy to resolve. Drop some water than dry it.

The only downside is that because of this dust the balls often get stuck in the robot.
But maybe I should really give them a bath and a scrub first.
Gotta order some new ones for our club in the near future, so this time I'll definitely gonna rinse them before and gonna let you know if that actually has helped.

Thanks for the advice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Just wash them in the sink, does the trick :)

If I play with a box of NP40+ for a week or two, that is my favorite ball. If I then grab some D40+ and play with them for a couple of weeks, that becomes my favorite ball! They are really similar, and you just have to get used to the 40 mg difference in weight which is actually noticeable, but not problematic. (The seamless at a point at least were heavier still and seem to float more in the air for some reason, and I suspect it is because they have a slightly larger diameter, but I have not weighed any that were manufacutered recently). By the way, the D40+ stays good longer, there is no question about that. It is definitely more durable. Now, if I go to a website to buy them there is simply no question anymore. The D40+ is my favorite ball because they are 1/3 the price.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Just played with new DHS balls (Ding Ning ones) and am ready to retract my opinion regarding their low spin. Played wonderfully well last session with as much spin imparted as with other balls. I am so happy now.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
Hi there, my first post at TTD ;)
Have somebody heard of a change in material with newer Nittaku Premium 40+ balls? Since a short time you can read some comments of buyers who are reporting a change in color and a different sound, adequat to the DHS D40+, so ABS balls.

I've tested the Nittaku Premium 40+ balls in 2016 and played a whole season with them. I've also compared them to older seamless balls from XushaoFa (Joola Flash and Tibhar SynTT SL), to the old DHS 40+ balls, to BTY G40+ in 2016 and actually to newer batches of the seamless ball (GEWO SLP), DHS D40+ and Andro 3S, which should be the same ball.

I didn't like the seamless balls in 2016, but the newer balls are much better, really similar to the Nittaku Premium ball. If there would be a slight change in material composition by Nittaku, I have to order new one to test them again. Because I'm not satisfied with the DHS D40+ balls. They are really slow at our tables (Donic Dehli SLC) and are jumping different compared to celluliod balls from the table with under and sidespin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
For the record , I hate Xushaofas . I feel they are lighter , don't penetrate the sponge as much and moves around in the air like a long pips ball with weird bounce
I didn't like the Ding Ning boxed DHS balls...so much less spin compare to more round, more spinny, more stable Xushaofas.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
For the record , I hate Xushaofas . I feel they are lighter , don't penetrate the sponge as much and moves around in the air like a long pips ball with weird bounce
I used to be a long pips player on my BH...but I never have never felt that the bounce of those Xushaofas balls is similar to those of LP-hit balls.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Have somebody heard of a change in material with newer Nittaku Premium 40+ balls? Since a short time you can read some comments of buyers who are reporting a change in color and a different sound, adequat to the DHS D40+, so ABS balls.

I've tested the Nittaku Premium 40+ balls in 2016 and played a whole season with them. I've also compared them to older seamless balls from XushaoFa (Joola Flash and Tibhar SynTT SL), to the old DHS 40+ balls, to BTY G40+ in 2016 and actually to newer batches of the seamless ball (GEWO SLP), DHS D40+ and Andro 3S, which should be the same ball.

I didn't like the seamless balls in 2016, but the newer balls are much better, really similar to the Nittaku Premium ball. If there would be a slight change in material composition by Nittaku, I have to order new one to test them again. Because I'm not satisfied with the DHS D40+ balls. They are really slow at our tables (Donic Dehli SLC) and are jumping different compared to celluliod balls from the table with under and sidespin.

They will not play like celluloid, no 40+ does.

Reactions: Suga D and suds79
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I never bought them , just hit / played with the stuff that members in the club bought ...
looked like this

$_58.JPG

May I see the Xushaofa balls you used?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
A couple of details. Nittaku and D40+ are made of very similar material (versions of acrylonitrile butadiene styrene, or ABS), but not identical because they are a slightly different color. The D40+ is just a tad bit heavier than the Nittaku (2.73 gram vs. 2.69 grams) and has a slightly higher pitched sound. That means the Nittaku is ever so slightly faster than the D40+. So if you really concentrate and switch from one ball to the other randomly you can over time teach yourself to determine the difference between them, but even though they are not precisely identical, it is very easy to switch from one to the other. Those are the two balls I use the most, and I find that switching to anything else now requires some adjustment that takes quite awhile. I have always liked seamless balls, but I like these much more. You tend to like what you are used to, but I liked the Nittaku more the first time I tried it.

Lot of other companies are going to be selling re-branded versions of the D40+ in the future, so probably these will become the dominant balls. I think the CP40+ from TSP is one of those.

Seamless has never been adapted in any pro tournaments that I know of. I never had a roundness issue with them but I have not bought any recently (I bought a bunch when they first came out) and the quality control may have changed. Also, some people say that if they got exposed to heat during shipping that can make them go out of round (I am skeptical of that explanation since I kept a bunch in the trunk of my car in Houston Texas in the summer and it did not make them go out of round). The Yinhe seamless I occasionally see here are quite good.

I hope and suspect that the cellulose acetate balls will disappear. They offer no advantages at all, since they are not round, bounce poorly, are fragile, and are expensive. I don't have any inside information on this, though.

I am curious what Butterfly will do. Will they also sell a rebranded D40+? Before they come out with their G40+, the Butterfly plastic ball was a re-branded cellulose acetate ball, but probably the one made by Double Fish. As with all cellulose acetate balls, it is terrible. I mention Butterfly because sometimes their balls have been used in major events. I very much dislike the G40+ personally and I am glad that it has not really caught on anywhere. I don't like the surface texture (too smooth) and the thing has less arc in the air and the sound is ridiculous. Their practice ball version (Easy Ball) is actually better than their competition ball. Will they in time give up on their German-made balls?

The Nittaku Premium 40+ balls were used in the very recent World Championships; they are without a doubt the best balls on the market. The latest DHS balls are very much a clone of the Nittaku premium balls but quality control is worse in China and they still have the same problem with durability. It's a shame, but Nittaku remain the number one...fin

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
The Nittaku Premium 40+ balls were used in the very recent World Championships; they are without a doubt the best balls on the market. The latest DHS balls are very much a clone of the Nittaku premium balls but quality control is worse in China and they still have the same problem with durability. It's a shame, but Nittaku remain the number one...fin
At least for me the d40+ have a better durability than NP. And I think they feel different because a different material or production.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews

Hey Masl, welcome to the forum. Do you have the same username at tt-news.de?
If so we've been communicatin' there a while ago. My name there is Zwirbelheimer.
If not then ignore this post and welcome anyway

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
You feel like Xushaofa is like long-pimp ball (lighter), is because it has higher bounce, it's not because its weight is "lighter". When one ball bounces higher than you expected, you subjectively judge it feels "light". Baal has all the datas regarding weight of all types of balls. When one's judgement sounds neutral, it is more believable. If sounds biased, I'd doubt that. For me, I'd never say Nittaku or D40+ are weird just because I'm used to playing with other balls.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I prefer the NP40 usually but the D40 is more durable. Many people have reported this not just me. I also worry about DHS QC over time. Price differential makes this less of an issue.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
You must be right , you are also right in what you said about Baal's recommendation. I just said , "I" hate Xushaofa .. its a personal thing , just to clarify I am not recommending others to not play with them .. I personally like Nitakku 40+ and I am okay with DHS ABS 40+ the one with Ding Ning's picture. I did say somewhere that I chose to go back to Nitakku even though DHS is cheaper because it throws off my timing and NL commented that it should not and I should work on it ... I agree to that too :) ... but its something about XuSHaofa , especially the bounce and the sound , I don't like , for me it feels like playing with "ping pong balls" the really cheap ones made with hard plastic that you cannot destroy .. you can get those back in my country ...
You feel like Xushaofa is like long-pimp ball (lighter), is because it has higher bounce, it's not because its weight is "lighter". When one ball bounces higher than you expected, you subjectively judge it feels "light". Baal has all the datas regarding weight of all types of balls. When one's judgement sounds neutral, it is more believable. If sounds biased, I'd doubt that. For me, I'd never say Nittaku or D40+ are weird just because I'm used to playing with other balls.

Reactions: Suga D
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
When the only choice was a decent XSF seamless or a horrible cellulose acetate 40+ the obvious choice was XSF. (I wrote a lot of posts about that in early 2014, promoting seamless balls when people were skeptical about them). In retrospect, think that had more to do with how bad the cellulose acetate than anything else. But when Nittaku Premium came out it was a game changer. I my view it was vastly superior and at my club where people buy their own balls it quickly became the dominant ball in spite of its insane price. Around here, the XSF became the multiball or coaching ball of choice.

I agree the main reason XSF is not ideal is because it bounces just a bit too high, and in spite of being heavier, floats a bit in the air. Also, I think the surface is just a little softer. So it seems as it if it is lighter. (A lot of people have said that the Nittaku Premium is heavy when in fact it is the lightest 40+ ball sold today, but it is harder and people sense that as being heavier). There is some reason to think that seamless balls in the last year or so have come down in weight a bit (and possibly diameter0 and that they have made some changes in the plastic and that the seamless balls have become a bit closer to Nittaku. That would be a good thing.

As for someone having a timing issue switching from D40+ to Nittaku? I would argue that those balls are about as close together as a DHS and Nittaku Japan were when both were made of celluloid, and in general nobody gave much thought to switching between balls then. I can switch from one to the other with no problem at all. At most a couple of minutes is all I need.

One thing to keep in mind is that all 40+ balls, are, well, 40 PLUS. They are a little larger in weight and diameter than celluloid balls were and that is a feature, not a bug. ITTF wanted that, even though they never talked about it at the time (they only talked about a mythical ban on celluloid production). That means that no 40+ ball will play exactly like celluloid. It has now been over three years since these balls came out. So we have had time to get used to it. The last few years have been tough because we have had to use 40+ balls with much too variable properties, but this is gradually changing.

Like it or not, the D40+ is about to become the dominant ball because DHS will soon have a gigantic production capacity that dwarfs everyone else and it will be sold under dozens and dozens of brands. So let us just hope they maintain their quality control. Fortunately, at the moment, it is a perfectly good 40+ ball that approaches Nittaku Premium in playing properties, and exceeds it in durability and price.