• Join our newsletter: 
  • Welcome Guest


    Results 1 to 9 of 9
    1. Top | #1
      Christian Adrian Aniceta is offline
      says I love penhold
       
      TTD Member Country: Philippines

      Equipment:
      Blade DHS Hurricane Hao II
      Forehand Rubber Nittaku G-1
      Backhand Rubber Victas V > 01 Stiff

      Join Date
      Jan 2017
      Posts
      98
      Reviews
      Read 1 Reviews
      Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts

      Donic Baum esprit or Xiom stradivarius?

      Hello, I am a c-pen player who wishes to have an alternative blade to viscaria..
      reason being is that I wish to play a similar way to Zhang Jike (despite being a penholder .. is that weird? haha)

      I heard about Donic Baum espirit or Xiom Stradivarius being similar to viscaria or timoball alc but I have no idea which to pick...
      Please help me..
      I wish to be more of rpb oriented player and also uses blocking and mid distance loop...
      thank you.. If you can recommend me some suitable rubbers that would be a great help too.

    2. The Following User Likes Christian Adrian Aniceta's Post:

      yourock (06-17-2017)

    3. Top | #2
      azv is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: United States


      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Posts
      9
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Christian Adrian Aniceta View Post
      Hello, I am a c-pen player who wishes to have an alternative blade to viscaria..
      reason being is that I wish to play a similar way to Zhang Jike (despite being a penholder .. is that weird? haha)

      I heard about Donic Baum espirit or Xiom Stradivarius being similar to viscaria or timoball alc but I have no idea which to pick...
      Please help me..
      I wish to be more of rpb oriented player and also uses blocking and mid distance loop...
      thank you.. If you can recommend me some suitable rubbers that would be a great help too.
      Hey there, I've tried the Baum espirit. The head size of the blade is bigger than normal and that makes it great for blocking but at the same time at high gears, when you hit really hard, the blade flexes and for me it becomes uncontrollable. For the same reason it easily becomes very head heavy if you use heavy rubbers.
      Short and middle game are great, and the feeling is superb! I wish it was a little bit more stiff (I think that's the case of the Stradivarius).
      Last edited by azv; 06-16-2017 at 04:27 PM.

    4. Top | #3
      Christian Adrian Aniceta is offline
      says I love penhold
       
      TTD Member Country: Philippines

      Equipment:
      Blade DHS Hurricane Hao II
      Forehand Rubber Nittaku G-1
      Backhand Rubber Victas V > 01 Stiff

      Join Date
      Jan 2017
      Posts
      98
      Reviews
      Read 1 Reviews
      Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by azv View Post
      Hey there, I've tried the Baum espirit. The head size of the blade is bigger than normal and that makes it great for blocking but at the same time at high gears, when you hit really hard, the blade flexes and for me it becomes uncontrollable. Short and middle game are great, and the feeling is superb! I wish it was a little bit more stiff (I think that's the case of the Stradivarius).
      I see.. I was afraid of stiff bade since they say that flex would be better for looping

    5. Top | #4
      Baal is offline
      says Ba'al has spoken
       
      Master TTD Member


      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Location
      Houston, Texas
      Posts
      3,337
      Reviews
      Read 8 Reviews
      Liked 5,511 Times in 2,287 Posts
      The Xiom definitely has a higher build quality and it plays more like a Viscaria in SH versions.

    6. Top | #5
      Christian Adrian Aniceta is offline
      says I love penhold
       
      TTD Member Country: Philippines

      Equipment:
      Blade DHS Hurricane Hao II
      Forehand Rubber Nittaku G-1
      Backhand Rubber Victas V > 01 Stiff

      Join Date
      Jan 2017
      Posts
      98
      Reviews
      Read 1 Reviews
      Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Baal View Post
      The Xiom definitely has a higher build quality and it plays more like a Viscaria in SH versions.
      I heard about that too... that xiom are underrated in blades

    7. Top | #6
      zaw thwe is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Myanmar
      zaw thwe's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Timo Boll Spirit
      Forehand Rubber Xiom Omega V Asia
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05

      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Location
      myanmar
      Posts
      84
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
      Stradivarius is i previous used.now i m using timoboll spirit penhold similar to visceria. Stradivarius is almost identical to timoboll spirit in all playing characteristic and feeling.

    8. Top | #7
      Christian Adrian Aniceta is offline
      says I love penhold
       
      TTD Member Country: Philippines

      Equipment:
      Blade DHS Hurricane Hao II
      Forehand Rubber Nittaku G-1
      Backhand Rubber Victas V > 01 Stiff

      Join Date
      Jan 2017
      Posts
      98
      Reviews
      Read 1 Reviews
      Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by zaw thwe View Post
      Stradivarius is i previous used.now i m using timoboll spirit penhold similar to visceria. Stradivarius is almost identical to timoboll spirit in all playing characteristic and feeling.
      what rubber are you using for stradivarius? thank you sir

    9. Top | #8
      iamme is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Togo


      Join Date
      Apr 2017
      Posts
      50
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 43 Times in 22 Posts
      Haven't tried it but I really like how the baum esprit looks.
      The thick blue bits in the composite makes it look great.

    10. Top | #9
      zaw thwe is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Myanmar
      zaw thwe's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Timo Boll Spirit
      Forehand Rubber Xiom Omega V Asia
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05

      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Location
      myanmar
      Posts
      84
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
      I tried ransant ,omega 4 pro,omega 4 asia and tenergy 64 .the most i like is omega 4 asia.

    11. The Following User Likes zaw thwe's Post:

      Christian Adrian Aniceta (06-18-2017)

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Log in or Register
    BACK TO TOP