Donic Baum esprit or Xiom stradivarius?

Hello, I am a c-pen player who wishes to have an alternative blade to viscaria..
reason being is that I wish to play a similar way to Zhang Jike (despite being a penholder .. is that weird? haha)

I heard about Donic Baum espirit or Xiom Stradivarius being similar to viscaria or timoball alc but I have no idea which to pick...
Please help me..
I wish to be more of rpb oriented player and also uses blocking and mid distance loop...
thank you.. If you can recommend me some suitable rubbers that would be a great help too.

Reactions: yourock

azv

This user has no status.

azv

This user has no status.
Jun 2017
Hello, I am a c-pen player who wishes to have an alternative blade to viscaria..
reason being is that I wish to play a similar way to Zhang Jike (despite being a penholder .. is that weird? haha)

I heard about Donic Baum espirit or Xiom Stradivarius being similar to viscaria or timoball alc but I have no idea which to pick...
Please help me..
I wish to be more of rpb oriented player and also uses blocking and mid distance loop...
thank you.. If you can recommend me some suitable rubbers that would be a great help too.

Hey there, I've tried the Baum espirit. The head size of the blade is bigger than normal and that makes it great for blocking but at the same time at high gears, when you hit really hard, the blade flexes and for me it becomes uncontrollable. For the same reason it easily becomes very head heavy if you use heavy rubbers.
Short and middle game are great, and the feeling is superb! I wish it was a little bit more stiff (I think that's the case of the Stradivarius).

Last edited:
Hey there, I've tried the Baum espirit. The head size of the blade is bigger than normal and that makes it great for blocking but at the same time at high gears, when you hit really hard, the blade flexes and for me it becomes uncontrollable. Short and middle game are great, and the feeling is superb! I wish it was a little bit more stiff (I think that's the case of the Stradivarius).

I see.. I was afraid of stiff bade since they say that flex would be better for looping

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
The Xiom definitely has a higher build quality and it plays more like a Viscaria in SH versions.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Haven't tried it but I really like how the baum esprit looks.
The thick blue bits in the composite makes it look great.