ITTF seems to abuse power

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
are you guys surprised? what did you expect really, ITTF is the official pimp of the sport.

But let's not forget that many youtubers steal videos from other sources so you cant have both ways so don't complain.

Youtubers who really had original content and didnt steal anything like you did and some other channels, ended up getting paid by ITTF.

Instead of being a copycat, stop being a copycat and create your own thing like, mrtheportal, ttlondon2012,ttjanus,ttcountenance etc etc etc

Umm, the channels you listed as examples to follow contain predominantly "stolen" videos from other sources. Unless your definition of "stealing" does not include "capture live TV/laola/ittv/CCTV stream and upload it to YT".

Reactions: BeGo and TTFrenzy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Umm, the channels you listed as examples to follow contain predominantly "stolen" videos from other sources. Unless your definition of "stealing" does not include "capture live TV/laola/ittv/CCTV stream and upload it to YT".

Indeed but I was talking about copy cats, downloading videos from other channels and then uploading them as their own.

Those channels that I have mentioned are all freelancers (they all started doing it mainly as a hobby) and they actually "forced" ITTF , with the quality of their work, to improve their content and even hire some of them. Big difference from copycats, they downloaded, edited and produced quality videos from ITTF or CCTV or LAOLA streaming. So if those organizations are incapable of doing so, its not the freelancer's fault, its theirs. Im talking about the era when we didnt even know ITTF as a channel on youtube.

This tells me a lot about how far behind is ITTF when it comes to promoting the sport and producing quality videos about TT. This happened because almost if not all federations are mostly official "pimps" of the sport mostly caring about profit, that is why saive lost the elections, its about politics not true ambassadors of the sport. And politics as we all know does not really produce anything, it just takes advantage of a situation

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
From EmRatThich:

The Source?

However, I am guessing, he got permission to use the content from the original source and made available to a wider audience. And most of EmRatThich's videos are not just straight lifting of content like this.

And his analysis, which is present in most of his videos, contains some decent content which is his own.

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo and Lolman
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
From EmRatThich:

The Source?

1e9895508026757d3200280176deec50.gif

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
It's just an error on their part. Can you imagine how many YouTube videos they have to go through to claim rights on during an event like the WTTC? It's quite a significant number. It doesn't surprise me that there are some mistaken claims.

Everybody is trying to get their 5 minutes of fame from piggybacking off ITTF and its media team. Look at how many instagram accounts there are now just hungry for fans who repost ITTF content. Facebook pages stealing other people's content. There are a very small percentage of individuals and entities which actually put the hard yards in to create something of value.

If I were ITTF and I was investing so much in media for these major events I would certainly be using ContentID to claim anything that infringed my rights. During that process sure there may be some mistakes but they have to deal with hundreds if not thousands of copycats.

Reactions: TTFrenzy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
If we upload a video, for example a recap video with ittv content, but without monetizing them, is there a problem?
can they monetize on our videos?