Who do you think will win the China Open 2017?

• Ma Long

Votes: 51 57.3%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Wong Chun Ting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Koki Niwa

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
NOW LIVE: Men's Singles Final! Timo Boll vs Dimitrij Ovtcharov! Live streaming here: https://tv.ittf.com/livestream/china-open-table-1/784105

What a great few weeks of table tennis we have had with the recent World Championships and Japan Open. The table tennis world now moves onto the China Open! As expected the China Open line up is huge! The prestigious event will take place in the city of Chengdu and begins on the 22nd June and concludes on the 25th June.

Total number of entries so far is: 159

Main Draw

Men's Singles
Women's Singles
Men's Doubles
Women's Doubles

Final Day Match Schedule

Live matches from the China Open can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has playback on demand with integrated chat with TableTennisDaily members!

China's Ma Long, the recent World Champion has entered the China Open as the #1 seed.

malong2017china.jpg

2017 World Champion Ma Long the no.1 seed - Photo by: ITTF

Men's Singles Seeds

ovtcharov2017china.jpg

Germany's Dimitrij Ovtcharov enters the China Open as the #5 seed - Photo by: ITTF

01) Ma Long
02) Fan Zhendong
03) Xu Xin
04) Zhang Jike
05) Dimitrij Ovtcharov
06) Wong Chun Ting
07) Timo Boll
08) Koki Niwa
09) Vladimir Samsonov
10) Simon Gauzy
11) Kenta Matsudaira
12) Tiago Apolonia
13) Stefan Fegerl
14) Yuya Oshima
15) Kristian Karlsson
16) Yuto Muramatsu

Women Singles Seeds

dingning2017china.jpg

Host nations Ding Ning enters the China Open as the #1 seed - Photo by: ITTF

01) Ding Ning
02) Liu Shiwen
03) Zhu Yuling
04) Feng Tianwei
05) Chen Meng
06) Kasumi Ishikawa
07) Miu Hirano
08) Han Ying
09) Hitomi Sato
10) Mima Ito
11) Doo Hoi Kem
12) Xiaona Shan
13) Hina Hayata
14) Jihee Jeon
15) Jian Zeng
16) Jie Li

For full player entries click here.

Live matches from the China Open can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has playback on demand with integrated chat with TableTennisDaily members!

What an insane line up, the worlds best are all participating. Players from across the world are heading to China to battle at the platinum world tour event in Chengdu. Can Ma Long's crazy form be stopped? Will Fan Zhendong get 1 step closer to victory.... will Zhang Jike find some form to dismantle the dragon? Number 3 seed Xu Xin will be looking to take the top spot. Germany's Dimitrij Ovtcharov and Timo Boll are a great addition to the mix and will be players to watch out for. Japan's Jun Mizutani has not entered this event however his compatriot Koki Niwa who was victorious over Ovtcharov at the Worlds will be threat to the top guns. China youngsters Liang Jingkun and Lin Gaoyuan will be dangerous and can go all the way. How could we leave out the wonderkid? 13 year old Tomokazu Harimoto will be looking for big wins and is the most unpredictable player on the circuit right now! A lot of look forward to peeps!

A fantastic event to follow, be sure to get involved on the TTD discussions and join us in the live chat in the ITTF Live Streaming!

We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular World Tour event! What are your predictions from each event.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Niwa is great but his win against Xu Xin was kind of miraculous and only in a best of five match. I like his style and creativity but it's difficult to expect so much from him

Looking at his style it feels like he needs way too much luck to win.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Niwa is great but his win against Xu Xin was kind of miraculous and only in a best of five match. I like his style and creativity but it's difficult to expect so much from him

We don't have to expect miracles from Niwa, but in his current form he is one of the strongest non-CNT players.

I expect ZJK's rebirth, even if he can't win the tournament I want him to beat ML/FZD/XX and one or two of the eurojapkor big guys.

I also hope for a miracle and non chinese final... At least a HF would be great. Koki can go for it but I think he will get in a quarterfinal to ML or FZD and thats just insane to believe in that miracle :D I'm cheering for Timo because he gets the position like a Roger Federer in TT and come on guys, everyone likes Roger :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I also hope for a miracle and non chinese final... At least a HF would be great. Koki can go for it but I think he will get in a quarterfinal to ML or FZD and thats just insane to believe in that miracle :D I'm cheering for Timo because he gets the position like a Roger Federer in TT and come on guys, everyone likes Roger :D
I too love TB but not sure if we can compare him with Fedex . Fedex has 18 grand slams and TB has 0 WTTC. Just playing at a decent level for a long time does not qualify one to Fedex level GOAT.