Who do you think will win the China Open 2017?

• Ma Long

Votes: 51 57.3%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Wong Chun Ting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Koki Niwa

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Timo has a new coach, Asian coach. Who is he?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Who was Dimas Coach? Lei Yang is a Coach from Düsseldorf I think. Jörg Rosskopf has some time off thats why I think that LY is with him in China. Wondering why they even get coached in a national teammate final... We will never see something like this when CNT-mates or Japanese National Teammates play against each other

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Who was Dimas Coach? Lei Yang is a Coach from Düsseldorf I think. Jörg Rosskopf has some time off thats why I think that LY is with him in China. Wondering why they even get coached in a national teammate final... We will never see something like this when CNT-mates or Japanese National Teammates play against each other

They didn't get coached in the finals, I suspect that Dima was coached either by teammates or people from his old CTTSL club.

Reactions: PolishTT17
This user has no status.
Personally, I love the way Harimoto does it. He also does other things, like shuffle his feet when coming out of towel breaks. When an edge shot is hit he still apologises, as opposed to gloat. He's seems to me to be trying to psych himself up rather than to piss the opponent off, and I'm okay with that.

I personally would love to cho more than I do, but I worry that it offends others. That's why the other things Harimoto does is very interesting to me, and I may adopt them as non-aggressive ways to get myself going.

This. Kid is 13 beating the likes of Niwa and Samsonov. Let him cho.

Also, his form appears more and more FZD style, the way he holds his left arm, even some of the faces he makes. Not to mention FZD was an annoying cho-er to when he first entered the scene.

This user has no status.
This. Kid is 13 beating the likes of Niwa and Samsonov. Let him cho.

Also, his form appears more and more FZD style, the way he holds his left arm, even some of the faces he makes. Not to mention FZD was an annoying cho-er to when he first entered the scene.

I always thought he had an uncanny resemblance to Miu Hirano with his facial expressions :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Reactions: Suga D and zoomtt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
I was actually inspired by your analyses and did something similar for a friend today. How did you judge forced vs unforced? Sometimes there's a gray zone between a forced and unforced error!

Thanks-

Oh cool!! I must say that sometimes it is difficult to judge, I just try to be consistent all the time, so that similar kind of points are categorized the same way. In general terms, I consider that an error happens when the player tries to hit the ball performing a stroke and fails to return it. I say it is unforced when he makes it without much hassle, while I consider it forced when he has to hit the ball running far away from his position, blocking a very strong ball that needs a quick reaction and the racket is not in the proper place, etc.... It is definitely a gray zone.

I didn't differentiate between forced and unforced errors in previous analysis, but I added it in this latest article, as having only winners and mistakes was not good enough (a couple of people suggested me adding it in fact).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Great job! Would you consider reanalyzing the final of 2017 WTTC?

Oh cool!! I must say that sometimes it is difficult to judge, I just try to be consistent all the time, so that similar kind of points are categorized the same way. In general terms, I consider that an error happens when the player tries to hit the ball performing a stroke and fails to return it. I say it is unforced when he makes it without much hassle, while I consider it forced when he has to hit the ball running far away from his position, blocking a very strong ball that needs a quick reaction and the racket is not in the proper place, etc.... It is definitely a gray zone.

I didn't differentiate between forced and unforced errors in previous analysis, but I added it in this latest article, as having only winners and mistakes was not good enough (a couple of people suggested me adding it in fact).