Who do you think will win the China Open 2017?

• Ma Long

Votes: 51 57.3%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Wong Chun Ting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Koki Niwa

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Come on, I started it, no need to apologize.

I thought Takkyu_wa_inochi was complaining about what I posted earlier "I think the entire men team has just withdrawn from the singles" (then I edited it away) (I added "I think" because I wasn't 100% sure).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
haha, I'm the first one to announce: Ma Long dropped out of the China Open!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I thought Takkyu_wa_inochi was complaining about what I posted earlier "I think the entire men team has just withdrawn from the singles" (then I edited it away) (I added "I think" because I wasn't 100% sure).

Come on, unless Ma Long broke his back, you think he will withdraw from a match against a foreigner on home soil? I wasn't hundred per cent sure either when I Said "mass protest", but it was a reasonable conclusion. Of course, if Fan had played, I would be apologizing for being a rumor monger now.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
No one throws the ball perfectly straight up. Look at Karlsson's serve - he throws it way more into his body.

In fact, according to the ITTF Handbook for Match Officials, the ball doesn't need to be thrown perfectly straight. They provide a little diagram showing allowable angles. 45 degree angle from vertical should not be allowed but 20 degrees away from vertical would be ok. The guidance is not perfectly precise. Still, Dima never gets close to what they would normally call illegal for that reason. (ZJK and Michael Maze used to push that limit).

More likely Dima's hand moved below tne table briefly on the toss.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
He soon posted on internet saying : at this moment, all of us are not in the mood for fighting in the game. We miss you. And two photos are attached. One of them is a photo of LGL kissing Ma Long's head

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
c4f273460c02e00cdd902862bde61834.jpg

Here is Ma Long's post.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Come on, unless Ma Long broke his back, you think he will withdraw from a match against a foreigner on home soil? I wasn't hundred per cent sure either when I Said "mass protest", but it was a reasonable conclusion. Of course, if Fan had played, I would be apologizing for being a rumor monger now.

It is confirmed. It's a protest for his former coach, LGL.