Who do you think will win the China Open 2017?

• Ma Long

Votes: 51 57.3%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Wong Chun Ting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Koki Niwa

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
I have no idea..
But LJK made my day as I saw after he lost first game, odds for his loss were 9,50!!!
So I put there some money and won huge, hehe..
For LGY I thought he would be able to turn it around, after 2 games odds were quite nice, but he didnt make it.
Same for Gardos, who lost to very good playing Cedric Nuytinck, very nice match too!
Aaaand..
Maharu Yoshimura surprisingly lost to Kim Donghyun 4:1 without any real chance..

What is wrong in China open?? :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
I have no idea..
But LJK made my day as I saw after he lost first game, odds for his loss were 9,50!!!
For LGY I thought he would be able to turn it around, after 2 games odds were quite nice, but he didnt make it.
Same for Gardos, who lost to very good playing Cedric Nuytinck, very nice match too!
Aaaand..
Maharu Yoshimura surprisingly lost to Kim Donghyun 4:1 without any real chance..

where did you see the odds ? on which site ? do you bet online ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Yep, today it was bwin.com ;)

Odds for LGY to lose were 9 too :)

LOL maybe its KONG Linghui betting against LGY and LJK, he has a bit too much debt... and he offered some tip to his 2 players...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
I have no idea..
Aaaand..

I think it is the pressure to prove themselves. There are so many excellent players in the CNT squad. Yet, only few of them have a chance to play internationally. Others are basically training partners. Now imagine yourself to be a young player who worked his ass off on the way to the A squad. And you get the precious chance to prove your worth. At the same time you see the shades of the players who made it to the first team, but never made the next step (hello Yan An). So you know that if you piss away the opportunity, you are likely to sit on the bench for years, while someone else will shine. No doubt those guys crumble under pressure.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I think it is the pressure to prove themselves. There are so many excellent players in the CNT squad. Yet, only few of them have a chance to play internationally. Others are basically training partners. Now imagine yourself to be a young player who worked his ass off on the way to the A squad. And you get the precious chance to prove your worth. At the same time you see the shades of the players who made it to the first team, but never made the next step (hello Yan An). So you know that if you piss away the opportunity, you are likely to sit on the bench for years, while someone else will shine. No doubt those guys crumble under pressure.

You will always have a chance to prove yourself, especially if you are as young as LJK. The idea that these guys are one and done is a bit overrated if you look at the history. The real issue is when you are beating teammates AND losing to foreign opposition and those teammates are beating foreign opposition and losing to you. The supernatural consistency of ML, ZJK, XX etc can give a weird impression of what is happening.

Reactions: ping fun
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Withstanding that sort of pressure is part of the process to make them stronger mentally, you can either make it out the other end, or you don't.

Ultimately you know the expectation and you have to meet that high level of expectation while facing all these pressure without letting it to affect you. That's the gap between ML/XX/XJK and the rest, not necessarily the skills alone.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
She will probably end up losing to Liu Shiwen or Ding Ning . Cheng Meng looks like a younger , slightly less powerful and consistent version of Liu Shiwen and she almost messed it up vs Cheng Meng , so at this point I doubt she can win against LS or DN . What I would be really interested is in to watch Miu Hirano go up against Sun .. that will be very exciting if MH can be a little more consitent than she was in Japan open ...
Would love to see how Sun Yingsha performs in Chengdu.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Read 1 reviews
There were 17 Japanese players in the men's qualifiers and 7 made it through. Only two Chinese and neither made it through. For the Round of 32, there will be 11 Japanese players and 4 Chinese.

Since when are nations even allowed to let so many players play :O Is there no restriction?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
... but to be honest theses fan girls brought spirit to table tennis stands .

Or a whole lot of screaming and shouting for their idols!!
Crazy girls...
:)
Before WTTC i was a bit unfair towards the german fans by saying they could pick up a slice or two of how other fans root for their favourite players.
But in fact the german crowd has been quite loud and outgoing at the WTTC taking into account that the german mentality isn't that extroverted.
It's just that grown men make very different sounds than teenage girls do.
;)

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Crazy girls...
Before WTTC i was a bit unfair towards the german fans by saying they could pick up a slice or two of how other fans root for their favourite players.
But in fact the german crowd has been quite loud and outgoing at the WTTC taking into account that the german mentality isn't that extroverted.
;)

Based on my experience at WTTC something I noticed. German fans are knowledgeable and care about table tennis for its own sake and are not just cheering for one player. Many were completely amazed by FZD (for example). Many wore the shirts of their own TT clubs (men and women). They also have their own way of cheering, rhythmic clapping that gradually picks up in pace and volume. They didn't just cheer for German players, either. They loved Samsonov. They tended to support Japanese players too. A bunch around me joined me out of pure friendliness in cheering for American women in a doubles match and actually got quite engaged in it (the Americans won). By contrast, the subset of Chinese fans who were insane ZJK fangirls* do not care about table tennis, they care about their idol. It is not the same thing. When he is not playing they get bored and restless and are a complete pain to everyone around them -- I suppose they behave like adolescents everywhere, except some of these people seemed a bit too old for this.

* (It is important to note that not all of the Chinese fans who attended the WTTC were insane ZJK fangirls. The ones who were could be easily identified by the ZJK fangirl paraphenalia they sport. Little plastic ZJK things they wear in their hair, ZJK t-shirts, little ZJK handbags that they use to store all their ZJK paraphernalia, etc. etc. Also their relative indifference to matches played by Ma Long and FZD, for example -- and certainly any matches where no Chinese were playing.)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Crazy girls...
;)

Trying to imagine German women going gaga for Boll... trying really hard...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
See if this helps ...

timo-boll-of-germany-carries-the-flag-during-the-opening-ceremony-of-picture-id586225922

Trying to imagine German women going gaga for Boll... trying really hard...

Reactions: Suga D