Zhang Jike - News, Pics, Videos & more

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Interesting.

A TT Videogame where one can play with the Stars. Finally. I think this is great and might help tabletennis get more attention. Almost every sports has a videogame, only tabletennis had rather wacky games, if any at all.

This rather sounds like an Arcade Game. I would prefer a sports simulation like SEGA's Virtua Tennis e.g, but still i think this is great idea and a step in the right direction.
20 -30 years ago you wouldn't have got me off the console if there would have been a videogame like this.

I would really love to see and try this.
Thanks for posting.

You're welcome @suga D . Its great that you liked it . yes its better to play TT games with choosing its real stars as it happens in Football games or tennis games . I wish there was game which we could choose the national team with their players there like choosing team germany then we could choose timo from the list or zhang jike from chinese team and other examples . but again This game looks good too .

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Hi, Ping fun!

I found you are not Chinese, but you know much about Chinese athletes, especially Zhang jike. That's very good! The world is just like a big family, we can also and we should know atheles from other countires, which benefits the development of multiculture and the promotion of sports!

You have done very well!;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
E542D82C-2076-4488-8C77-97B17991C287.jpg

69913CA3-C5EE-4EA9-99CD-47A077ADD886.jpg

AB5848BD-0F97-4388-AF70-42ADE4B884AA.jpg

E95BCEA7-94F9-4CAF-8AAF-D9A59AF550C8.jpg

I went to London 20 days ago and I went to Excel London specially where held the 2012 London Olympic Table Tennis Games.

In 2012, I was still a middle school student, so I didn’t have the opportunity to go to London to watch the game in person. But now I finally have this opportunity. Many Chinese girl fans do this like me. If we have the opportunity to go to the city which once held the meaningful tennis games, we like going the stadium to take a photo, holding the photo of our favourite athletes!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Hi, Ping fun!

I found you are not Chinese, but you know much about Chinese athletes, especially Zhang jike. That's very good! The world is just like a big family, we can also and we should know atheles from other countires, which benefits the development of multiculture and the promotion of sports!

You have done very well!;)

Hi Gladxu . Thank you sooooo much . its nice of you really !! you gave me a positive energy . Actually yeah I'm not chinese but because of table tennis love I like following guoping news . due to language problems it's so difficult to understand or translate chinese so it takes a massive time to change chinese to english but i try my best to find out what's going on .so
I try and search the news especially zhang jike's . He was the reason I entered to table tennis world . I can remember the game .. haha . yeah . it was wang hao vs zhang jike in 2010 world cup . although zhang jike lost the game but influenced my mind so strongly . I JUST WANTED TO PLAY TABLE TENNIS as soon as I can . I thank you glad xu for joining our lovely forum.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
View attachment 15234

View attachment 15235

View attachment 15236

View attachment 15237

I went to London 20 days ago and I went to Excel London specially where held the 2012 London Olympic Table Tennis Games.

In 2012, I was still a middle school student, so I didn’t have the opportunity to go to London to watch the game in person. But now I finally have this opportunity. Many Chinese girl fans do this like me. If we have the opportunity to go to the city which once held the meaningful tennis games, we like going the stadium to take a photo, holding the photo of our favourite athletes!

Yeah its one of the cutest thing I ever have seen in chinese social media . To be honest zhang jike 's fans are unique not just in china but in world too . They reallyyyyy in love with him . Thant's fascinating . They show their love in possibly every way.
I have seen lots of these photos . also a lot of pro painting and drawing of him . Writting loads of love letters . Making posters or composing songs and music just for him and ....... . I will post these creative fan arts as soon as I can .

Reactions: Gladxu
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I too keep searching about ZJK time to time in various chinese forums. Even ask ping fun's help to get any updates on injury or his participation schedule. I was saddened to hear in some chinese sites that not being chosen for CNT for world team cup is like forcing a virtual retirement on ZJK. Also, some Chinese site mentioned ZJK got very less fan votes for some "most popular athlete in China" award as his playing results are non existent lately. Has anybody heard any statement about it from the man himself like what he plans to do as far as playing competitively is concerned ?? As a die hard fan of ZJK , I just want him to play and being a bad ass in the table again !!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
I too keep searching about ZJK time to time in various chinese forums. Even ask ping fun's help to get any updates on injury or his participation schedule. I was saddened to hear in some chinese sites that not being chosen for CNT for world team cup is like forcing a virtual retirement on ZJK. Also, some Chinese site mentioned ZJK got very less fan votes for some "most popular athlete in China" award as his playing results are non existent lately. Has anybody heard any statement about it from the man himself like what he plans to do as far as playing competitively is concerned ?? As a die hard fan of ZJK , I just want him to play and being a bad ass in the table again !!

His '' Popularity '' is the same even I dare say its more than before and increasing . Looking at these photos you can ses he is
the most popular athlete in china .
Look at the numbers in this voting . Its a total voting which is in weibo the biggest social media in china .

photo_2018-01-24_18-17-56.jpg

Also this picture shows how many time Zhang jike's hashtag have been read . 223.8 million reading volume . 593000 posts per day for him . that's just unbelivable . You can understand his influence in these rankings . This numbers belong to yesterday 2018 jan 23 . He is number one

photo_2018-01-24_18-17-43.jpg

About zjk less fan point in most popular athlete as i asked zjk fans about this voting they told its not important to them , The athlete has been choosed before this voting , I asked them in a time when zjk was top in voting . Because of that some of my friends didnt vote too . I checked the list and there were no Ma long in the list which was strange to me . so It made me sure that this selection is not real . Be cause Beside Zhang jike , ma long is one of the popular figures in china's sport . I think the real list is below :) with ping pong players there .

photo_2018-01-24_18-17-47.jpg

For more information see my next post in this thread .

About his statement whether he will continue or not , its good to say that on 2018 january 11 he published an statement in his studio account in weibo . The publishing of this statement was due to some rumors . It which was written in the statement : Zhang jike is still an active national team player . he will continue to focus on his sport life .

I guess its a good sign . But we really cant say what is in Zhang jike's Mind as his playing style. Unpredictable ......

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
On 2018 january 16 , '' 2017 china's athletes influence list '' was released during Sport Business Annual ceremony . Zhang jike Topped the list for the seccond year in a row .
The business industry research center , investigated the influence of chinese athletes on the internet platform by studying the online public opinion . This year's index of influence survey more comprehensive perspectives , including search engine index , social media index of public opinion .

4b2f25a9ly1fl9m8k300ij22dc3k0npd.jpg

Li tao founder of the sports business said that he should continue to show the charm and value of sport by tapping athletes exemplary power . The list advocate the power of role model . Making money , taking championships and using performance to influence the industry is explaining role model .

tA-3-fxzencv2383589.jpg

This lists contains a total of the top 100 influential chinese active athletes and zhang jike topped the list for 2nd consecutive year .

After zhang jike , china olympic swimmer is 2nd and the 3rd one is ma long .

photo_2018-01-26_21-11-06.jpg

Reactions: Gladxu
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Is he done ?will we see him internationaly or chinese league?

He recently told in an interview on tv that he is resting to adjust his body and mind . He and liu guoliang participate more in t.v programs . They are promoting table tennis and to behonest every one loves them . I think zjk is not gonna announce his retirement . He wanted to retire right after rio olympic which Liu guoliang and chinese national team didnt let him go . The reason he stayed more in table tennis wasn't money or fame it was FANS . he stayed to bring more people to table tennis in china . before Rio , table tennis wasnt that spectacular like before for chinese . I can remember in asian championship in 2017 that how people emptied the sests after zhang jike 's game or how they were screaming his name . then I understood no one like him can make table tennis popular in china . So I guess him and Liu guoliang will have duty to make table tennis more popular . As i see in most of t.v programs zhang jike has a racket . but again i dont know whats in his head . but my wish is his STAY ..........

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
In 2002 , Zhang jike won the 1st ever Cadet Challenge in Tiszaujvaros of Hungary . Li hu , Jiang Tianyi and Tang Peng were his team mates in 2002 Cadet . Also Cao Zhen won the girls Title in 2002 Cadet . In Addition Zhang jike became more famous by winning Big titles But Cao Zhen wasn't with out title too . She won the Mixed Double Title at consecutive World Championships .

photo_2018-02-05_00-29-38.jpg
pair_2.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
On February fourth Zhang jike updated his Weibo . It was his photo from training while he was sweaty !!!!!!!!!!!! ;) He wrote a poem about spring and how it will make every where beautiful and gives life to earth . I guess its like he wants to have comeback . Also what is interesting is that zhang jike is a very good poet . In most of his posts he writes poems . He wrote poems to his family and his coach xiao zhang . This year he wrote poem to his friend malong in his birth day too . but what made zhang jike a hot search in china's media This week was his Love affair . I will send the news about his love affair later when its confirmed . What is more important is his training which he started again ..... it was told that zhang jike is training hard Recently , undr the guidance of Xiao Zhan and liu guozheng . especially one day trained until midnight . I hope these infos are true .

6ff327bbly1fo4bxr7b94j21sg2ds4qt.jpg

6ff327bbly1fo4bpzfc1kj20iu081aan.jpg

6ff327bbly1fo4bpznn1rj20dw0dw78y.jpg