Zhang Jike - News, Pics, Videos & more

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Strange words. Or is there a special room at the top for recreational players, that are in a limbo as to whether they’re actually players or not?

Seems strange to us maybe . When table tennis has been your whole life and has got every thing with it , leaving the stadium is really hard , Also you wanna try again but maybe no prepration or motivation . It seems he hasnt decided yet .Also he told he still takes care of his body like match days and He's on diets So its really complicated yoass , to be honest .

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
On May 31 , Zhang jike attended the opening ceremony of the Chinese table tennis association membership league competition in henan .

He watched the competition closely , played game with players and met Happy fans .

photo_۲۰۱۹-۰۶-۰۲_۰۸-۰۳-۳۸.jpg

photo_۲۰۱۹-۰۶-۰۲_۰۸-۰۳-۱۴.jpg

photo_۲۰۱۹-۰۶-۰۲_۰۸-۰۸-۴۴.jpg

photo_۲۰۱۹-۰۶-۰۲_۰۸-۰۶-۲۲.jpg

photo_۲۰۱۹-۰۶-۰۲_۰۸-۰۳-۲۳.jpg

photo_۲۰۱۹-۰۶-۰۲_۰۸-۰۸-۳۶.jpg

photo_۲۰۱۹-۰۶-۰۲_۰۸-۰۸-۱۷.jpg

photo_۲۰۱۹-۰۶-۰۲_۰۸-۰۸-۴۶.jpg

photo_۲۰۱۹-۰۶-۰۲_۰۸-۰۸-۱۹.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
True but it doesn't help him running around promoting stuff while his national rivals are practicing 7 hours a day.

The funny thing is, he's only 31. His one last push could easily be 4-5 years long. It's just that we're accustomed to CNT members retiring rather early due to the extreme competition. But it's not even that extreme, not in this generation of youngsters.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
True but it doesn't help him running around promoting stuff while his national rivals are practicing 7 hours a day.

In all reality , ZJK has not retired officially only not to hamper the interests of the various endorsements. I dont see him back in World tour or CNT ever unfortunately.

Reactions: BryanY
says [IMG]
says [IMG]
Apr 2019
I think there is nothing left for him to prove. He will always be one of the grand slam winners. Given all his other distractions, I don't think he is mentally as strong as ML to go back to rigorous training and be back in form to compete at the world class level. And if he does come back who will he be able to beat..? ML? FZD? XuXin..?. I dont thnk he has a chance...so retirement is inevitable

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
A hungry and in form Jike is the only one who can beat Ma Long every now and then. That's how good he is. Problem is, 2019 we have neither.

I think there is nothing left for him to prove. He will always be one of the grand slam winners. Given all his other distractions, I don't think he is mentally as strong as ML to go back to rigorous training and be back in form to compete at the world class level. And if he does come back who will he be able to beat..? ML? FZD? XuXin..?. I dont thnk he has a chance...so retirement is inevitable

says [IMG]
says [IMG]
Apr 2019
A hungry and in form Jike is the only one who can beat Ma Long every now and then. That's how good he is. Problem is, 2019 we have neither.
True..I do hope he comes back. That would be great for all of us. In 2018 he lost in the Japan open finals to HT 4-3, no shame in that. He did beat LJK in that tournament too. So, I think if he comes back and practices hard, he will be in the mix in no time. Question is whether he is burned out and maybe wants to be a movie star . Dont think they have to train as hard as the TT players :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
The funny thing is, he's only 31. His one last push could easily be 4-5 years long. It's just that we're accustomed to CNT members retiring rather early due to the extreme competition. But it's not even that extreme, not in this generation of youngsters.

Yes he's still young and has a chance to comeback like 2018 but CNT youngsters are hungry for winning and improving every day . The problem is that he got every title so early in his career while no one in his age or generation were close to him in winning big titles and As once Wang hao said its dangerous for Zjk .

Reactions: Gladxu
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews

For more info , Many sport stars appeared in promoting programs , for sure table tennis , china's national sport is among them . Its a good thing for sure , thats what liu guoliang always wanted from Zhang jike , participation in programs to make people think more about table tennis . I myself has talked with some of the his fans in china who was attracted to TT so I guess its a positive thing that happens now . But also its important to mention that his participation in programs has reduced and he rejects most of them . Also he had no update on his weibo page for a long period but newly appeared again . Maybe busy with his private life but no training . Also no retirement but still had feeling for playing but not coaching .

Yes as I told about wang hao's talk about ZJK , gaining all the honors in a very young age is dangerous in some point . Also ZJk once told he gets bored in trainings and loves competitions more . Its not just about being mentally strong , for coming back you need motivation , He has that ability to comeback too but it seems he's happy with his current life , but We are not happy about it :D

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
True..I do hope he comes back. That would be great for all of us. In 2018 he lost in the Japan open finals to HT 4-3, no shame in that. He did beat LJK in that tournament too. So, I think if he comes back and practices hard, he will be in the mix in no time. Question is whether he is burned out and maybe wants to be a movie star . Dont think they have to train as hard as the TT players :)

One of the reporters asked what you said about staying in entertainment world , he told he doest have any will or interest and he is built for Table tennis .

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews

The woods are a natural barrier to air pollution. They can also significantly reduce the temperature of the city, reduce the energy consumption of air conditioners, and enhance the well-being of the community. 2019 #世界环境日#, greening our living space with friends, take action! Join me and get your hands out! @United Nations Environment Program : Zhang jike's weibo post on 19/06/02 . Its not Zhang jike 's first time to co-operate with united national environment .

6ff327bbly1g3n0npvcdpj22722fu1ky.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Reactions: Atas Newton